I Can't Believe I'm Here!

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
DanBawonga8

Post by DanBawonga8 »

Hello Everyone! Dan here! I am super excited to have joined the community. I already feel the strongest sense of belonging. I can't wait to share and also learn from everyone here! Uganda sends you the kindest regards!

Lots of love.
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Wow, you are from Uganda. I don't believe we have many members from that area of the globe. :thumbs: So an extra warm welcome to you, Dan. :) Ah, the wonders of the internet, to bring so many people together in one place. :9:

I must admit I have no knowledge at all about Ugandan literature, but if you know about any texts by Ugandan authors that have been published before 1923, you would surely enrich our database. :D

But before you start, we recommend doing a one-minute-test, to check your technical settings. You have all the details in your welcome mail, and if you have any questions still, never hesitate to ask.

You can post your one-minute-test here: viewforum.php?f=21 Simply start a new thread, and post your uploaded link there. Someone will come along and give you feedback and help, if needed.

I hope you have fun here !

Sonia
DanBawonga8

Post by DanBawonga8 »

Hello Sonia,

Thanks for reaching out. It feels great! And you barely have any knowledge of Ugandan literature - I am already on the search for material that dates before the year you specified. Hopefully I will enrich our data base! I can't wait to do the test recoding. I will have it done very soon!

Regards,
Dan
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

DanBawonga8 wrote: February 11th, 2019, 10:24 amI am already on the search for material that dates before the year you specified.
yes the problem often is that we need to have an online scan preferably where we can see the date it was published. You can check on archive.org maybe. Or if all else fails, and you find an old book in your national library, then maybe they can scan the book (or let you scan it).

Good luck, and I'll see you around. And even if we don't have Ugandan projects right now, you can participate in any project you speak the language of. LV has no national borders. :D

Sonia
DanBawonga8

Post by DanBawonga8 »

Amazing! Thank you so much!