COMPLETE: [PORTUGUESE] Orpheu, no 1, por Vários Autores - rap

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Leni
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Leni »

This project is now complete! All files can be found at https://librivox.org/orpheu-no1/

Orpheu no.1, por Vários Autores .

Volunteers outside the USA: Alfredo Pedro Guisado died in 1975. The author's work is still protected by copyright in places like Europe, where copyright is author's death plus 70 years, Australia (author's death plus 70 years for authors who died after 1955) or Canada (author's death plus 50 years), UNLESS the rule of shorter term applies.

Volunteers outside the USA: José Sobral de Almada Negreiros died in 1970. The author's work is still protected by copyright in places like Europe, where copyright is author's death plus 70 years, Australia (author's death plus 70 years for authors who died after 1955) or Canada (author's death plus 50 years), UNLESS the rule of shorter term applies.

Volunteers outside the USA: Armando César Côrtes-Rodrigues died in 1971. The author's work is still protected by copyright in places like Europe, where copyright is author's death plus 70 years, Australia (author's death plus 70 years for authors who died after 1955) or Canada (author's death plus 50 years), UNLESS the rule of shorter term applies.

Orpheu -- Revista Trimestral de Literatura foi um periódico publicado em Lisboa, que apesar de ter apenas dois números, teve grande impacto na literatura em língua portuguesa. O seu vanguardismo inspirou movimentos literários de renovação da literatura portuguesa, por ter introduzido em Portugal o movimento modernista. Os autores que se associaram a esse projeto ficaram mais tarde conhecidos como a "Geração de Orpheu", dentre os quais se contam Fernando Pessoa, Mário de Sá-Carneiro e Almada-Negreiros. (Sumário escrito por Leni)
  1. How to claim a part, and "how it all works" here To find a section to record, simply look at point 5. below at the sections. All the ones without names beside them are "up for grabs." Click "Post reply" at the top left of the screen and tell us which section you would like to read (include the section number from the left-most column in the reader list, please). Read points 6. to 8. below for what to do before, during and after your recording.
  2. New to recording? Please read our Newbie Guide to Recording!
  3. Is there a deadline? We ask that you submit your recorded sections within 1-2 months of placing your claim. Please note that to be fair to the readers who have completed their sections in a timely way, if you haven't submitted your recording(s) after two months, your sections will automatically be re-opened for other readers to claim, unless you post in this thread to request an extension. Extensions will be granted at the discretion of the Book Coordinator. If you cannot do your section, for whatever reason, just let me know and it'll go back to the pool. There's no shame in this; we're all volunteers and things happen.Please do not sign up for more sections than you can complete within the two month deadline.
  4. Where do I find the text? Source text (please only read from this text!): http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/23620
  5. Please claim sections (the numbers in the first column below)! If this is your first recording, please let me know under which name or pseudonym you'd like to appear in the LibriVox catalogue. We can also link to a personal website/blog.

Prospective Prooflisteners: Please read the Listeners Wanted FAQ before listening! Level of prooflistening requested: standard

Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process (unless you are the BC or PL). Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!

Magic Window:

BC Admin
    ============================================
  6. BEFORE recording: Please check the Recording Notes: viewtopic.php?p=6430#p6430

Set your recording software to:
    Channels: 1 (Mono)
    Bit Rate: 128 kbps
    Sample Rate: 44.1 kHz
  7. DURING recording:
    No more than 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning of the recording!
    Make sure you add this to the beginning of your recording:
    START of recording (Intro)
    • "Seção [número] de Orpheu no.1. Esta é uma gravação Librivox. Todas as gravações Librivox estão em domínio público. Para mais informações, ou para ser um voluntário, por favor visite librivox ponto org"
    • If you wish, say: "Gravado por [seu nome], [cidade, blog, podcast, web address]"
    • Say:
      "[Título da seção] por [Autor]. [Título do poema, se houver]" Por exemplo: "Poemas, de Cortes-Rodrigues. Agonia."

END of recording
    • At the end of the section, say:
      "Fim da seção [número]"
    • If you wish, say:
      "Gravado por [seu nome], [cidade, blog, podcast, web address]"
    • At the end of the book, say (in addition):
      "Fim de Orpheu no.1. "

There should be ~5 seconds silence at the end of the recording.

Please remember to check this thread frequently for updates!
  8. AFTER recording
    Need noise-cleaning?
    Listen to your file through headphones. If you can hear some constant background noise (hiss/buzz), you may want to clean it up a bit. The latest version of Audacity is recommended for noise-cleaning. See this LibriVox wiki page for a complete guide.
    Save files as
    128 kbps MP3
    orpheuno1_##_128kb.mp3 (all lower-case) where ## is the section number (e.g. orpheuno1_01_128kb.mp3)
  9. Example ID3 V2 tags
    (To find out more about ID3 tags, go to our wiki: https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/What_is_ID3)
    Deixa as tags em branco.

Transfer of files (completed recordings) Please always post in this forum thread when you've sent a file. Also, post the length of the recording (file duration: mm:ss) together with the link.
    • Upload your file with the LibriVox Uploader: https://librivox.org/login/uploader
      (If you have trouble reading the image above, please message an admin)
    • You'll need to select the MC, which for this project is: Rapunzelina
    • When your upload is complete, you will receive a link - please post it in this thread.
    • If this doesn't work, or you have questions, please check our How To Send Your Recording wiki page.

Any questions?
    Please post below
Last edited by Leni on March 6th, 2019, 9:24 am, edited 2 times in total.
Leni
=================
Leni
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Leni »

Hello! This is a literary magazine, so, it is actually a collection of poems by those various authors.

An MC and a DPL most welcome! :mrgreen:
Leni
=================
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

Hi Leni! Let me MC! I'll go set it up.
Leni
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Leni »

Rapunzelina wrote: February 10th, 2019, 1:51 am Hi Leni! Let me MC! I'll go set it up.
Thanks! I will fill the MW in tonight. It's been a while since I BCed a collection with multiple authors, so let me know if you need any more information. Also, it would be nice if the poems were searchable in the catalog, I am not sure if I should have done something different for that to happen. I am not sure either if this will be moved to Books or Short Works, but I trust you will make the right choice for that. :mrgreen:
Leni
=================
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

I will actually move it to "Readers Wanted: Languages other than English", which will save us the trouble of choosing :mrgreen:

In a collection, each section can be individually searchable, but then you will need to fill in the information for each section in its metadata; that is in the Magic Window, second column titled "Meta", there's the magnifying glass icon, you click on the icon, and on the top of the Magic Window you fill in the "Author", "text source", and language (the rest will be filled in automatically at cataloguing).
Here's the special guide, it should explain it better than I did! https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php?title=BC%27s:_How_to_update_the_Magic_Window#Special_Instructions_for_Collections_.E2.80.93_Entering_Section_Metadata
Leni
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Leni »

Rapunzelina wrote: February 10th, 2019, 2:30 pm I will actually move it to "Readers Wanted: Languages other than English", which will save us the trouble of choosing :mrgreen:

In a collection, each section can be individually searchable, but then you will need to fill in the information for each section in its metadata; that is in the Magic Window, second column titled "Meta", there's the magnifying glass icon, you click on the icon, and on the top of the Magic Window you fill in the "Author", "text source", and language (the rest will be filled in automatically at cataloguing).
Here's the special guide, it should explain it better than I did! https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php?title=BC%27s:_How_to_update_the_Magic_Window#Special_Instructions_for_Collections_.E2.80.93_Entering_Section_Metadata
That is great! Will do! Thanks!
Leni
=================
Leni
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Leni »

The window is filled in, Rapunzelina. I filled in the metadata as well. However, there is another small problem. The last two sections of the collection are credited to Álvaro de Campos, which was a pen name for Fernando Pessoa (the same guy from section 16). While we already had Fernando Pessoa in the catalog, we do not have that pen name (or any of the others he used, for that matter). So, that would have to be added, I suppose, but linked to Pessoa's page somehow? Also, we already have one of the poems in the catalog (in https://librivox.org/multilingual-poetry-collection-004/), and it is credited to Fernando Pessoa, not Álvaro de Campos, which is really not very accurate, since he clearly published this poem under the pen name. The title of the poem is also wrong in the Collection, unfortunately (it has an extra "O" at the beginning).

In the meantime, though, we are open for claims. :D
Leni
=================
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

I have added the name to the Author database as a pseudonym for Pessoa, so at least it turns up in a catalogue search https://librivox.org/search?q=%C3%81lvaro%20de%20Campos&search_form=advanced and when you click on the name, it shows the main author entry, which is Pessoa. But we can't attribute a work to the pseudonym, only the main name. Except if we're using the pseudonym as a main name, when an author mostly wrote under a pseudonym, like Mark Twain. That's how the system works for now. Maybe there can be improvements in the future for more accurate attributions...

I was able to correct the misspelling of Opiário, so at least it shows correctly on the Catalogue page, though it's not changed in the metadata of the downloadable files.

I'll move us to the LOTE forum, where more LOTE people hang out, so hopefully we'll get a DPL there. Or we'll advertise for one later.
Of course, feel free to write in the thread in Portuguese :D
Leni
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Leni »

Great, I think that solves it, thanks much, Rapunzelina!

Estamos abertos para reservas de seções! :) E estou à disposição para quaisquer perguntas, dúvidas ou sugestões.
Leni
=================
Iunta4Ios

Post by Iunta4Ios »

Hi Leni,
I would like to be assigned sec. "Vislumbre / Sugestão / 7",
a short section as a first try in this really interesting project.
Pier
Leni
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Leni »

Iunta4Ios wrote: February 12th, 2019, 3:10 am Hi Leni,
I would like to be assigned sec. "Vislumbre / Sugestão / 7",
a short section as a first try in this really interesting project.
Pier
Obrigada, Pier! :D
Leni
=================
Iunta4Ios

Post by Iunta4Ios »

I uploaded sec. 7 "Vislumbre / Sugestão / 7"
https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/orpheuno1_07_128kb.mp3
(2.01 minutes)
Pier
Leni
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Leni »

Iunta4Ios wrote: February 12th, 2019, 9:23 am I uploaded sec. 7 "Vislumbre / Sugestão / 7"
(2.01 minutes)
Pier
Obrigada, Pier! Vou ouvir em breve. :)
Leni
=================
Leni
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Leni »

Iunta4Ios wrote: February 12th, 2019, 9:23 am I uploaded sec. 7 "Vislumbre / Sugestão / 7"
(2.01 minutes)
Pier
Desculpe a demora, Pier! Está PL OK! :)
Leni
=================
Iunta4Ios

Post by Iunta4Ios »

Leni wrote: February 23rd, 2019, 2:08 pm Desculpe a demora, Pier! Está PL OK! :)
Nenhum problema de demora!
Posso pedir de ler a secção 16, O Marinheiro (drama estático).
Gostei muito de ler esse "quadro". :D
Só que desta vez serei eu a demorar um pouco no envio, considerando que são 5010 palavras! :wink:
Pier