[COMPLETE][Poetry] Poems of Progress and New Thought Pastels by Ella Wheeler Wilcox - kit

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Foon

Post by Foon »

Poems of Progress and New Thought Pastels by Ella Wheeler Wilcox (1850 - 1919).

This project is now complete! All audio files can now be found on the catalog page for this project https://librivox.org/poems-of-progress-and-new-thought-pastels-by-ella-wheeler-wilcox/
This book contains 2 poetry bundles by Ella Wheeler Wilcox, containing many better- or lesser-known poems. The poems are recorded by a single reader (<a href="https://librivox.org/reader/12500">Foon</a>), with the exception of a few poems that are written as small theatrical plays, which are additionally read by <a href="https://librivox.org/reader/11535">Nemo</a> and <a href="https://librivox.org/reader/8425">Larry Wilson</a>. (summary by Foon)
  • Text source (only read from this text!): http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/3228
  • Type of proof-listening required (Note: please read the PL FAQ): standard

IMPORTANT - soloist, please note: in order to limit the amount of languishing projects (and hence the amount of files on our hard-pressed server), we ask that you post an update at least once a month in your project thread, even if you haven't managed to record anything. If we don't hear from you for three months, your project may be opened up to a group project if a Book Coordinator is found. Files you have completed will be used in this project. If you haven't recorded anything yet, your project will be removed from the forum (contact any admin to see if it can be re-instated).
    Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process (unless you are the BC or PL). Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!

Magic Window:

BC Admin
    ===========================================
  • The reader will record the following at the beginning and end of each file:
    No more than 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning of the recording!
    START of recording (Intro):
    • "Preface of Poems of Progress and New Thought Pastels. This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information, or to volunteer, please visit: librivox DOT org"
    • If you wish, say:
      "Recording by [your name], [city, your blog, podcast, web address]"
    • Say:
      "Poems of Progress and New Thought Pastels, by Ella Wheeler Wilcox. Preface"

For the second and all subsequent sections, you may optionally use the shortened form of this intro disclaimer:
    • "[Poem title], by Ella Wheeler Wilcox, read for LibriVox.org"
    • If you wish, say:
    • Only if applicable, say:
      "[Poem title]"

END of recording:
    • At the end of the section, say:
      "End of poem. This recording is in the public domain"
    • If you wish, say:
    • At the end of the book, say (in addition):
      "End of Poems of Progress and New Thought Pastels, by Ella Wheeler Wilcox. "

There should be ~5 seconds silence at the end of the recording.
  • Example filename progressandnewthoughtpastels_##_wilcox_128kb.mp3 (all lower-case) where ## is the section number (e.g. progressandnewthoughtpastels_01_wilcox_128kb.mp3)

Transfer of files (completed recordings)
    Please always post in this forum thread when you've sent a file. Also, post the length of the recording (file duration: mm:ss) together with the link.
    • Upload your file with the LibriVox Uploader: https://librivox.org/login/uploader Image
      (If you have trouble reading the image above, please message an admin)
    • You'll need to select the MC, which for this project is: Kitty
    • When your upload is complete, you will receive a link - please post it in this thread.
    • If this doesn't work, or you have questions, please check our How To Send Your Recording wiki page.

Any questions?
    Please post below
Last edited by Foon on February 28th, 2019, 8:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Foon - Real life is getting in the way of LV, will be slow until all is back on track, please bear with me!

Readers needed:
Dramatic Reading: The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
Folklore/legends: Arabian Nights Vol. 11
Play: Zeus the Tragedian
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

I can MC this, Foon, I love EWW. :9: In fact I remember taking part in the group project of New Thought Pastels. You are aware that we already have it in the catalogue ? Of course you are always free to do your own interpretation.

Be back with a MW soon...

Sonia
I will be on vacation from Wednesday 27 March till Sunday 14 April
and unable to PL during that time. Thank you for your patience.
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

I shortened the file name a little bit. And I think for such short poems we can use the short poetry disclaimer, so that the intro is not longer than the poem :lol: Maybe only for the Preface say the whole title of the book and the full disclaimer. (as in my example)

We'll stay a few days here to wait for a DPL to come by :)

Have fun !

Sonia
Foon

Post by Foon »

Thanks Sonia! And yes I saw we already have New Thought Pastels. I contemplated only doing the first part, but I figured, might as well do the whole book.
Short poetry disclaimer sounds good!
Foon - Real life is getting in the way of LV, will be slow until all is back on track, please bear with me!

Readers needed:
libraryanne

Post by libraryanne »

Hi,
I'd like to be the DPL for this project, if I may.

Betty
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

libraryanne wrote: February 8th, 2019, 11:49 am I'd like to be the DPL for this project, if I may.
super, welcome aboard :9: That means, the team is complete and I can move us over to Going Solo.

Have a nice weekend, both of you

Sonia
Foon

Post by Foon »

libraryanne wrote: February 8th, 2019, 11:49 am Hi,
I'd like to be the DPL for this project, if I may.

Betty
Wonderful, thanks so much! :D

Readers needed:
Foon

Post by Foon »

I've uploaded sections 0-10! :)

Readers needed:
libraryanne

Post by libraryanne »

Foon wrote: February 10th, 2019, 11:32 am I've uploaded sections 0-10! :)

Hi,
I'm happy to say all these sections are PL OK. :clap: Very well read.

Betty
Foon

Post by Foon »

Thank you Betty!

By the way, I meant to say this as soon as you joined on but forgot:

I'm happy with ANY kind of PL notes you might have for me. This is standard PL so you absolutely don't have to, but if there are things that come up that you might not mention in standard PL (small mispronunciations, sloppy/slurred speech, a slightly long pause, a small noise in the background that's not too distracting, you name it..) --I'd be happy to hear it! My view is that I'd rather do more editing work and have a better recording, than sit back and do nothing while there's room for improvement!

Again, absolutely no need for you to do more work. But if you have anything that you're doubting whether or not it falls in standard PL, please DO tell me! :D

Readers needed:
libraryanne

Post by libraryanne »

^^^ Okay, if I find something beyond standard PL worth redoing I'll let you know. But everything's been spot on so far. :thumbs:

Betty
Foon

Post by Foon »

Thanks! :D
Well, to keep you busy, I've also uploaded 11-13 and 18-20. :)

Readers needed:
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

so Foon, if we change this to group project, then I'll move us over to Readers Found. Or do you still look for some volunteers to help in the DRs ? Then we need to stay in Readers wanted. :hmm:

Sonia
Foon

Post by Foon »

No need to move to Readers Wanted. As I still consider this my solo, regardless of what the system may say, I intend to have readers for the 6 mini-DRs on an invitation-basis only. :)

Readers needed:
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Foon wrote: February 11th, 2019, 4:24 am No need to move to Readers Wanted. As I still consider this my solo, regardless of what the system may say, I intend to have readers for the 6 mini-DRs on an invitation-basis only. :)
ok that's what I thought ;) I move it over to Readers Found then, so nobody will butt in that is not invited :lol:

Sonia