COMPLETE[PLAY]George Dandin by Moliere - thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

super performance, Leanne, thank you. Oh in the beginning you show the faked innocence so well :lol: I also think the scene with Alan as Lubin will be very funny.

Acts 1 and 3 are already PL ok.

Some missing parts for Act 2 though:

> at about 4:17: (p. 258) missing line: “Strike hard, madam ! lay it on thickly.
> at about 4:33: (p. 259) missing lines: “She is right to be angry. She is a woman who deserves to be worshipped; and you do not treat her as you ought.

thank you !

Todd: that means Act 1 is ready to be finalized :9:

Sonia
leanneyauyau

Post by leanneyauyau »

Leanne (leanneyauyau) :9:
my librivox page | website | fb page
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

all is in now and PL ok. :thumbs:

Thank you

now we're only waiting for the stage directions. :)

Sonia
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Act 1 ready for final PL. You all sound great.

Thanks, Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ToddHW wrote: February 8th, 2019, 1:38 pmAct 1 ready for final PL. You all sound great.
excellent indeed, and with Molière there are never too many superfluous stage directions, so the editing job was perfect. I especially love the scene where Dandin grudgingly has to apologize to Clitandre, with his father-in-law breathing down his neck :lol: hilarious.

In fact in this scene I have one comment:

> at 24:48-24:57: (p. 246): "That is just.... etc" I know it says Madame de Sotenville here, but I was wondering whether it should not be Monsieur saying this. First because Clitandre was speaking to Monsieur, it would be normal that he answered. Second, in the Scene intro it does not even mention Madame de S. and third, she doesn't appear in the rest of the scene.
So I went and checked the original, and it's indeed Monsieur who says it: https://archive.org/details/georgesdandinco00moligoog/page/n34 ("C'est dans l'ordre...." etc)

Sorry I didn't notice immediately in the Part PLs. :oops: But it only struck me just now when I saw that Madame wasn't mentioned in the beginning of the scene.

It's up to you Todd, if you want to record these lines and insert them, I don't mind having my lines taken out. It probably does make more sense that this whole scene is dominated and discussing by the three men. (although Madame de Sotenville is probably never easily shut up if she has to say something :lol: ) But here it obviously was a typo in the stage directions, so maybe we should correct it. Up to you.

Other than that, all was perfect.

Sonia
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Yes, I will record and insert Monsieur's lines there. Any small victory over my wife must be cherished....

EDIT: "Improvement" made and ready for Spot PL.

Thanks, Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ToddHW wrote: February 9th, 2019, 7:18 amYes, I will record and insert Monsieur's lines there. Any small victory over my wife must be cherished....
EDIT: "Improvement" made and ready for Spot PL.
im-prove-ment !? I beg your pardon, monsieur. We shall have a nice chat about that when you're coming home from the club. :evil:

Well...I'll be charitable and give you the PL ok meanwhile. But the last word has not yet been spoken.

S. (Mme de)
benderca

Post by benderca »

Kitty wrote: February 6th, 2019, 2:46 am
benderca wrote: February 5th, 2019, 6:19 pmSo here's my first attempt at stage directions. I wasn't sure if I should pronounce George Dandin's name in French or in English.
brilliant recording, TJ. You absolved your rookie-stage directions test with an A+ :thumbs: Seriously, no lines missing, everything as it should. And as to French pronunciation, it's like Todd says, some people use French others English, so as long as you stay consistent, it's fine. I like your French and think we should keep it.

PL ok. Thanks ! Keep them coming. :mrgreen:

Sonia
Thanks so much, Sonia! A+? :D That made my week!

Wow, I blinked and everything finished... how'd that happen? You all are amazing. It seems this play is going faster than many... I'd better get my act together then.

Here's stage directions, Act 3:
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/georgedandin_stagedirections_3_128kb.mp3

Act 2 should be along shortly.
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

benderca wrote: February 10th, 2019, 9:27 amWow, I blinked and everything finished... how'd that happen? You all are amazing. It seems this play is going faster than many...
Molière often goes quite quickly, because it has not a big cast usually.
I'd better get my act together then.
haha, how appropriate, in this case ;) (or was that an unintentional pun ?)
Here's stage directions, Act 3:
super, thank you. I especially like the confusion scene at the beginning. You are intonating quite well there, one of those places where the narrator is really part of the play. We definitely need to leave those stage directions in, because they only add to the confusion on stage :lol:

Everything perfectly narrated again, only one small detail missing right at the end:

> could you add "translated by Henri van Laun" to the final disclaimer please ?

thank you, TJ. And have a nice rest of Sunday still.

Sonia
benderca

Post by benderca »

Kitty wrote: February 10th, 2019, 9:42 am
I'd better get my act together then.
haha, how appropriate, in this case ;) (or was that an unintentional pun ?)
I wish I could say I were that clever, but ha! It was unintentional... :lol:
super, thank you. I especially like the confusion scene at the beginning. You are intonating quite well there, one of those places where the narrator is really part of the play. We definitely need to leave those stage directions in, because they only add to the confusion on stage :lol:
Thanks! It will definitely be a funny play!
Everything perfectly narrated again, only one small detail missing right at the end:
> could you add "translated by Henri van Laun" to the final disclaimer please ?
Certainly! Here it is:
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/georgedandin_stagedirections_3_128kb.mp3

And I not only got my act together, but my acts together, so here's Act 2:
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/georgedandin_stagedirections_2_128kb.mp3

thank you, TJ. And have a nice rest of Sunday still.
You're very welcome! Thank you for PLing -- and playing a brilliant Madame de Sotenville! :D
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

And Act 3 is ready for final PL. I defy anyone not to break out laughing during the early scenes of this act!!

Thanks, Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

benderca wrote: February 10th, 2019, 3:52 pm And I not only got my act together, but my acts together, so here's Act 2:
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/georgedandin_stagedirections_2_128kb.mp3
perfect ! PL ok on the first go, and Todd can start finalizing. :9:
Thank you for PLing -- and playing a brilliant Madame de Sotenville! :D
oh thank you. I'm glad you liked her :lol:

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ToddHW wrote: February 10th, 2019, 4:21 pmAnd Act 3 is ready for final PL. I defy anyone not to break out laughing during the early scenes of this act!!
:lol: this confusion scene is indeed hilarious. What mayhem must that have been on stage. And I like the way you merged the "hushes" here. :thumbs:

Nothing to complain about, PL ok right away.

One act left...time to think about the next Molière ;)

Sonia
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

And, Act 2 is ready for final PL. I will launch the next Moliere shortly.

Thanks, Todd