CLOSED [Weekly Poetry] Knight - Errant by Madison Cawein - dl

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Nichalia

Post by Nichalia »

How is Cawein pronounced? I poked around online and found every possible permutation read by Librivox volunteers on YouTube, but no official guides... Do we know for sure how he said his last name?
aradlaw
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by aradlaw »

I cannot find any definite pronunciation either Nichalia. Most popular are ca-wayne and ca-whine, I guess you can pick either one. :)

Thank you for your readings Greg and VBV. :thumbs:
David Lawrence

* Weekly & Fortnightly Poetry - Check out the Short Works forum for the latest projects!
voicebeforethevoid

Post by voicebeforethevoid »

Nichalia wrote: February 9th, 2019, 4:19 am How is Cawein pronounced? I poked around online and found every possible permutation read by Librivox volunteers on YouTube, but no official guides... Do we know for sure how he said his last name?
Yeah, I was wondering about that as well... and did some poking around... and came to the same conclusion as David. :-) Oh well, English as a language is half-dead, half-vital, half-rebirthing.
DanielleM

Post by DanielleM »

aradlaw wrote: February 7th, 2019, 9:43 pm Than you Danielle, good first reading. :thumbs:
The volume is a bit on the high side at 93.2 dB, I wouldn't let it get any higher.
You can check your volume using our Checker program - see info at http://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/Checker. You will find the volume in decibels on the Information tab. For your information, we look for around 89 dB (87-91 is OK)

*You can view your brand new LV Catalog page by clicking your forum name in the Magic Window.
Thank you! I will check it all out and work on the volume.

Danielle
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

In the mind, or consciousness of the Earth this flower first lay latent as a dream. Perhaps, in her consciousness, it nested as that which in us corresponds to a little thought.--A.Blackwood
aradlaw
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by aradlaw »

Thank you Amy. :thumbs:
David Lawrence

* Weekly & Fortnightly Poetry - Check out the Short Works forum for the latest projects!
GregGiordano

Post by GregGiordano »

aradlaw wrote: February 9th, 2019, 8:15 am I cannot find any definite pronunciation either Nichalia. Most popular are ca-wayne and ca-whine, I guess you can pick either one. :)

Thank you for your readings Greg and VBV. :thumbs:
Thank you, David! I am always glad to do my small part in as many of your weekly projects as I am able.

Take care,

Greg
WiltedScribe

Post by WiltedScribe »

Tomas Peter
Nichalia

Post by Nichalia »

KIBBONAFIDE

Post by KIBBONAFIDE »

Josh Kibbey
aradlaw
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by aradlaw »

Thank you Tomas, Nichalia and Josh. :thumbs:

This project is now closed. Thanks to all readers this week. :clap:

This project is now complete!
All audio files can be found on our catalog page:
https://librivox.org/knight-errant-by-madison-cawein/
David Lawrence