COMPLETE[RELIGION] Godliness by Catherine Booth-ag

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
cacoleman18

Post by cacoleman18 »

silverquill wrote: December 31st, 2018, 5:06 pm
cacoleman18 wrote: December 31st, 2018, 2:19 pm Hello, I would like to claim section 13. This is my first Librivox recording and I would like my name to appear as Christine Coleman.'

Thank you!
I'd love to have you read this part!

We do ask our new readers, however, to complete a preliminary 1-min recording first This is mostly a technical check.

Under Point 2 in the opening post of this thread, you will find the link to our "Newbie Guide to Recording." Please read through this which is also where you will find instructions for completing the sample recording and how to post it. Once you have the official "OK," post a note here again, and I'll be glad to assign this section to you to read.

Welcome to LibriVox!

Hi Silverquill!

I've gotten my minute test "OK"-ed. I hope I can still record this section.
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

cacoleman18 wrote: January 13th, 2019, 5:25 am
cacoleman18 wrote: December 31st, 2018, 2:19 pm Hello, I would like to claim section 13. This is my first Librivox recording and I would like my name to appear as Christine Coleman.'

Thank you!

We do ask our new readers, however, to complete a preliminary 1-min recording first This is mostly a technical check.

Under Point 2 in the opening post of this thread, you will find the link to our "Newbie Guide to Recording." Please read through this which is also where you will find instructions for completing the sample recording and how to post it. Once you have the official "OK," post a note here again, and I'll be glad to assign this section to you to read.

Welcome to LibriVox!

Hi Silverquill!

Oh, wonderful!
I've added you to the LV Catalog and assigned Section 13 to you.
Just click on your name in the MW to see your catalog page.

NOTE: For theses Sections at the and, please read the intro like this. "Chapter 12 Addresses on Holiness: Second Address" and at the end. "End of Addresses on Holiness: Second Address."

If you have any questions, just let me know.
~ Larry
ellies

Post by ellies »

Hi, am happy to fill the remaining 2 sections on this, but doing some other projects here first. I usually have a quick turn around though.
ellies
"The pure joy of reading and sharing with others, must never be taken for granted"- Elaine Conway 2018
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

ellies wrote: January 20th, 2019, 9:09 am Hi, am happy to fill the remaining 2 sections on this, but doing some other projects here first. I usually have a quick turn around though.
ellies
Thank you, Elaine!
I've given you sections 12 and 15 which makes us fully claimed.
(unless we get orphans)

Take your time....
~ Larry
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

Over to Readers Found.
In the mind, or consciousness of the Earth this flower first lay latent as a dream. Perhaps, in her consciousness, it nested as that which in us corresponds to a little thought.--A.Blackwood
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Well, we have an orphan, and may have another

Section 9 is open for a reader.
~ Larry
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

I'll take Section 9 please! I've been meaning to read for this project, but I'm rather late to the party...
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Elizabby wrote: February 8th, 2019, 11:45 pm I'll take Section 9 please! I've been meaning to read for this project, but I'm rather late to the party...
Wonderful! Thrilled to have you part of this project. :D
~ Larry
cacoleman18

Post by cacoleman18 »

silverquill wrote: January 13th, 2019, 3:53 pm
cacoleman18 wrote: January 13th, 2019, 5:25 am

Welcome to LibriVox!

Hi Silverquill!

Oh, wonderful!
I've added you to the LV Catalog and assigned Section 13 to you.
Just click on your name in the MW to see your catalog page.

NOTE: For theses Sections at the and, please read the intro like this. "Chapter 12 Addresses on Holiness: Second Address" and at the end. "End of Addresses on Holiness: Second Address."

If you have any questions, just let me know.
Hi Silverquil,

Here is my recording for section 14:
https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/godliness_14_booth_128kb.mp3
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

cacoleman18 wrote: February 12th, 2019, 2:20 pm
Hi Silverquil,

Thank you, Christine!
Before I put this up for proof listening, I need to point out several technical issues that need to be taken care of first. You must have changed something after you did your one-minute test recording.

First, this is a stereo recording, and we must have all recordings in mono.
Second, the volume is too low at only 85.4 dB. Our target is 89dB with a range of 86-92 dB. So this needs to be amplified by about 3db. I don't know how to adjust either of these things in the program you are using, so I hope you can figure it out.

Third, a minor point, but the ending silence is 7 seconds, and we like to keep it close to just 5 seconds. So that can be trimmed.

When you have these corrections made, upload again under the same file name and post the link here again along with the file length in minutes:seconds.

The small sample I heard of your reading sounded really good!
~ Larry
cacoleman18

Post by cacoleman18 »

silverquill wrote: February 12th, 2019, 9:51 pm
cacoleman18 wrote: February 12th, 2019, 2:20 pm
Hi Silverquil,

Thank you, Christine!
Before I put this up for proof listening, I need to point out several technical issues that need to be taken care of first. You must have changed something after you did your one-minute test recording.

First, this is a stereo recording, and we must have all recordings in mono.
Second, the volume is too low at only 85.4 dB. Our target is 89dB with a range of 86-92 dB. So this needs to be amplified by about 3db. I don't know how to adjust either of these things in the program you are using, so I hope you can figure it out.

Third, a minor point, but the ending silence is 7 seconds, and we like to keep it close to just 5 seconds. So that can be trimmed.

When you have these corrections made, upload again under the same file name and post the link here again along with the file length in minutes:seconds.

The small sample I heard of your reading sounded really good!
Here is the update:

Let me know what you think!
pattymarie

Post by pattymarie »

Section 13 is PL OK. Thank you, Christine.
Pattymarie
ellies

Post by ellies »

Hi, chapter 12 is ready for PL

https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/godliness_12_booth_128kb.mp3 15:03

ellies
"The pure joy of reading and sharing with others, must never be taken for granted"- Elaine Conway 2018
pattymarie

Post by pattymarie »

Chapter 12 is PL OK. Thank you, Elaine.
Pattymarie
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

pattymarie wrote: February 13th, 2019, 5:32 pm Section 13 is PL OK. Thank you, Christine.
Ooops, we have a problem.

The link for Section 13, is actually labeled Section 14, and it is Christine's recording.
Sorry I didn't catch this when it was uploaded.
I'm not sure of the best way to correct this. I could rename it and upload it.
I assume your reading of Chapter 14 is in Amy's folder, or it could just be uploaded again.

So, let's see what our intrepid MC has to say . . . .
~ Larry