[COMPLETE]SOLO Stories of the Scottish Border by Mr and Mrs William Platt - kit

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Jhiu

Post by Jhiu »

Oh, btw, I didn't forget section 20. I just couldn't face a long poem in Lowland Scots this evening. I wish I could do a Borders accent!
Judith
Jhiu

Post by Jhiu »

Jhiu

Post by Jhiu »

fiddlesticks

Post by fiddlesticks »

Oh dear, gloomy does not sound good.

I have just downloaded all chapters and am starting my baking/pling spree!

Selkirk bannock looks very yummy! I will have to give it a try if I can find raisins in my brothers house! Though I could always replace them with something else like chocolate chips... :hmm:
~Tiffany
Jhiu

Post by Jhiu »

Hi, Sonia.

:? Another problem. I used Checker on Section 23, and found it was too loud. I looked in vain for Amplify under Edit, but found nothing. I looked at the Manual, but found no reference to Amplify there either. Do you know where it's hiding, by any chance?

Many thanks

Judith
fiddlesticks

Post by fiddlesticks »

Yep, it is under 'Effect', which is at the top of the window near 'file'
~Tiffany
fiddlesticks

Post by fiddlesticks »

I noticed a couple of them are a tiny bit over the volume, but I was not going to say anything since it is just barely over.
~Tiffany
Jhiu

Post by Jhiu »

Chocolate chips in Selkirk Bannock!! That's the kind of talk that will bring the Borderers out en masse, and lead to another long poem 'The Ballad of the Bannock'.

The cooks from Selkirk's kitchens
Rode out upon the morn
They rode across the Border
In vengeance for the scorn
Poured on their lovely Bannock
With chocolate chip defiled,
Their Bannock rich with raisins
By Tiffany reviled.
fiddlesticks

Post by fiddlesticks »

:lol: my brother reviles raisins I adore them! Being his house I don't know if he even has any though :lol:
~Tiffany
Jhiu

Post by Jhiu »

Sorry, Tiffany. I've found the Amplify, but not quite sussed it yet. I'll have another go tomorrow. Also apologies for addressing you as Sonia!
Judith
fiddlesticks

Post by fiddlesticks »

Hehe, no worries! I FOUND RAISINS!!!!!! :clap:

For amplify you just have to highlight whatever you need to amplify, in this case the whole section, sometimes I want to change the volume on just a sentence or something but either way it works the same, and click 'effect' then 'amplify' from there you can enter say... -3 if your recording is a little to loud (or 3 if it is a little quiet and so on) then I personally always run it through the checker again before I re upload

EDIT: if you need to amplify something and it will not let you just check the 'allow clipping' box, though if you have to do that you probably do not want to amplify it to much.
~Tiffany
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

I am Sonia ;) so your confusion is understandable :lol:

Tiffany already replied to the Amplify function, nothing for me to add there.

Please, Tiffany, if the volume is not inside our accepted limits (86-92 dB) mention it always. While we accept 92, it would really be best if it was around 89 dB to be uniform throughout the collection. We have to draw the line somewhere, so we do at 92. If it's 92.4, I would even suggest to decrease by -3 dB, to get as close to 89 as possible, instead of simply decreasing by -0.4 to get to the upper accepted limit of 92.

The same if it's "only a bit" under 86. Still mention it. 85.7 is better amplified by 3 to get over 88 dB, than simply by 0.3 to hover at the lower border of 86.

Are there many files that are over the limit ? :?

Thanks

Sonia
fiddlesticks

Post by fiddlesticks »

No, I think there were just a couple this time, sorry about that, I will always mention it from now on :oops:
~Tiffany
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

fiddlesticks wrote: February 7th, 2019, 10:28 am No, I think there were just a couple this time, sorry about that, I will always mention it from now on :oops:
no problem, if you wish I can check them all before I archive :) unless you still know which ones it were

Sonia
fiddlesticks

Post by fiddlesticks »

They were from this batch of chapters. I have them all downloaded so I will just run them all through the checker again :)
~Tiffany