Hello from Washington State

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
shelleturner

Post by shelleturner »

Hello folks,
Checking in to say hello. I've been a recorded book fan since the days of cassette tapes. Loved our local library for that. Had a hard time with CD's keeping my place and then was introduced to Audible (before Amazon bought it) around 2004 and the magic of the internet. Still a member of Audible but now really using our fantastic local library and my newly discovered Librivox. I'll be doing my 1 minute test soon since I finally got the software in place (Lame for Mac was tough...use the Zip file for less stress).
shelle
Piotrek81

Post by Piotrek81 »

Hello shelle and welcome to LibriVox :)

All the best in your battle with LAME. If it proves unmanageable on GB, maybe give a thought to Audacity? Anyway, once this first step is behind you, don't hesitate to post the test and, once it's been OKed, you're free to record.

Have fun here :)
Want to hear some PREPARATION TIPS before you press "record"? Listen to THIS and THIS
shelleturner

Post by shelleturner »

Thanks for the welcome!!
I went with Audacity for recording. Why beat my head against a wall. Pretty good little program too!
tadakan

Post by tadakan »

Hi Shelle,

I'm also in WA state! I've been wanting to get into narration and voiceover work and i just stumbled across librivox last night so i'm excited to get my test recording done and find some short works to do.

I've been recording, editing, and mixing sound for about a decade now so if you want to talk through any any technical questions you've come up with, I'd be happy to help.

Tom
shelleturner

Post by shelleturner »

tadakan wrote: January 29th, 2019, 6:46 pm Hi Shelle,

I'm also in WA state! I've been wanting to get into narration and voiceover work and i just stumbled across librivox last night so i'm excited to get my test recording done and find some short works to do.

I've been recording, editing, and mixing sound for about a decade now so if you want to talk through any any technical questions you've come up with, I'd be happy to help.

Tom
How nice of you Tom. You wanting to get into narration and voice over is fantastic. I see they have work for dramatic works as well. I'm in Edmonds where are you?
shelle
tadakan

Post by tadakan »

Yeah, it seems like a really neat community that is putting out some great stuff.

I'm just down the freeway in Olympia.

Tom
shelleturner

Post by shelleturner »

tadakan wrote: January 30th, 2019, 6:09 pm Yeah, it seems like a really neat community that is putting out some great stuff.

I'm just down the freeway in Olympia.

Tom
:thumbs: cool.
KIBBONAFIDE

Post by KIBBONAFIDE »

Hey guys! I’ve been here recording for about a month and I’m in Washington State as well, in Burien. I hadn’t made it to writing a welcome note in here yet so I’ll do it here. Hope you guys have fun, I have so far. Cheers!
Josh Kibbey
shelleturner

Post by shelleturner »

Welcome to you. I hope you are enjoying recording!