COMPLETE: The Topaz Story Book by Ada and Eleanor Skinner, eds. - jo

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
livh

Post by livh »

Hey there,

I've fixed the intro/outro now (hopefully it's okay!?) - here's the recording: https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/topazstorybook_13_skinner_128kb.mp3
Duration 0:43

Many thanks
Nedge

Post by Nedge »

Thank you, livh! One more small correction and we're ready to get the last spot PL's done by our wonderful Foon, and then on to the catalog!

:D
"Ready, willing, and vaguely competent." -- Sandra Boynton, 2021
Nedge

Post by Nedge »

Nope, sorry -- I missed it. Section 77 has been corrected as well! Thank you, elizaswann and livh.

I've put them in the MW.

Nan
Foon

Post by Foon »

Catching us up again:

Sect 13:
Intro should be as below:
For pieces under 800 words and for poems say "(Title) by (author) read by (reader's name) then at the end say "End of poem (or section name). This recording is in the public domain."
So in this case, that would be “Selection, by Celia Thaxter [read by your name if you wish]” for the intro, and at the end, you can leave out the author name, and end with “End of poem. This recording is in the public domain.”

Sect 25:
Spot PL OK

Sect 30:
Spot PL OK

Sect 45:
Spot PL OK

Sect 77:
The MW has the same version as before, I also don’t see any post about a correction being made?
Foon - Real life is getting in the way of LV, will be slow until all is back on track, please bear with me!

Readers needed:
Dramatic Reading: The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
Folklore/legends: Arabian Nights Vol. 11
Play: Zeus the Tragedian
livh

Post by livh »

Hi Foon,

Thanks so much for taking the time to explain! I'm new here and this is my first recording of less than 800 words, I clearly misunderstood what was required! So now let's hope that my third attempt at this one is right this time - Here's the link to my re-re-recording :) https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/topazstorybook_13_skinner_128kb.mp3 0:38
Foon

Post by Foon »

livh wrote: December 12th, 2018, 11:33 am Hi Foon,

Thanks so much for taking the time to explain! I'm new here and this is my first recording of less than 800 words, I clearly misunderstood what was required! So now let's hope that my third attempt at this one is right this time - Here's the link to my re-re-recording :) https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/topazstorybook_13_skinner_128kb.mp3 0:38
Thanks Livh, this is now PL OK :thumbs:
Foon - Real life is getting in the way of LV, will be slow until all is back on track, please bear with me!

Readers needed:
Nedge

Post by Nedge »

Okay, now we only need a couple of small corrections on section 77 by elizaswann:

Sect 77:
I don’t know if you want the author names read, but if you do:
0:23 missing “By Agnes Carr”
6:29 stumble “and Indian Summer came ru … running in”
Please include 5 seconds of silence at the end, there is now only about 3s.
Foon

Post by Foon »

Might be good to change the MW status to "See PL notes" again! :)

Readers needed:
Nedge

Post by Nedge »

With your brains, and my beauty, we make quite a team! :D
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by knotyouraveragejo »

Hi Nan,

Perhaps you could drop a note by PM to elizaswann about the edits so we can get this one wrapped up and into the catalog. It would be ideal if she can make the edits, but if you don't get a response, then someone else can make the 2 edits and I think we can let the missing author name go if necessary.

Thanks!
Jo
Nedge

Post by Nedge »

Hi Jo,

I wrote to Eliza and got no reply, so I made two of the three changed and uploaded the corrected file. I don't feel I can add the poet's name since Eliza has a sweet, young voice with a British accent and we don't match. I did a little cleaning up too. It's ready for spot PL.

https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/topazstorybook_77_skinner_128kb.mp3 12:01
Foon

Post by Foon »

Nedge wrote: January 7th, 2019, 8:22 am Hi Jo,

I wrote to Eliza and got no reply, so I made two of the three changed and uploaded the corrected file. I don't feel I can add the poet's name since Eliza has a sweet, young voice with a British accent and we don't match. I did a little cleaning up too. It's ready for spot PL.

https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/topazstorybook_77_skinner_128kb.mp3 12:01
Spot PL OK :thumbs:

Readers needed:
Nedge

Post by Nedge »

:clap:
Foon

Post by Foon »

Hi Nan & Jo,
Just checking that you're realising the project is all set for the catalogue--I can't access the MW so I couldn't mark section 77 as PL OK. But it should be all set now. :)

Readers needed:
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by knotyouraveragejo »

Congratulations! This book is now in the LibriVox catalog and available for listeners to download. Please check the catalog page and let me know if any changes are needed:

https://librivox.org/the-topaz-story-book-by-ada-m-skinner/

Thanks Foon for posting that this was ready to go. :)
Jo