[FULL]World's Story 6: Russia, Austria-Hungary, Balkan States, Turkey - kit

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

:thumbs: Jim
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

NemoR wrote: February 2nd, 2019, 9:14 am Section 64 for PL: (10:38)
https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/worldstory_volume06_064_tappan_128kb.mp3
aaahh !!! wonderful, so you were singing the hymn (like you promised :mrgreen: ) No complaint on your German, I think it was really very good. :thumbs: As to the tune, it was slightly deviating from the original, but close enough. I checked it on youtube because I didn't know the tune and to my high surprise this is the exact same melody than the National anthem of Germany :shock: So they simply took the same melody and changed only the text. How interesting, something new learnt.

A great section, highly entertaining and PL ok of course. Thank you !

Sonia
NemoR

Post by NemoR »

Kitty wrote: February 2nd, 2019, 9:40 am
aaahh !!! wonderful, so you were singing the hymn (like you promised :mrgreen: ) No complaint on your German, I think it was really very good. :thumbs: As to the tune, it was slightly deviating from the original, but close enough. I checked it on youtube because I didn't know the tune and to my high surprise this is the exact same melody than the National anthem of Germany :shock: So they simply took the same melody and changed only the text. How interesting, something new learnt.

A great section, highly entertaining and PL ok of course. Thank you !

Sonia
Thanks Sonia! ... yeah, I wanted to change the tune slightly and make it more my "own" so it would be true to the original, but not have any PD issues ... glad it worked!
Nemo

Thoreau - “Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake."
ColleenMc
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ColleenMc »

Yay a new volume!

I'd like sections 17, 21, and 22 please!

Colleen
Colleen McMahon

No matter where you go, there you are. -- Buckaroo Banzai
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ColleenMc wrote: February 2nd, 2019, 12:26 pm Yay a new volume!
I'd like sections 17, 21, and 22 please!
Colleen
oh I love such a reaction to this project :9: I'll sign you up, thanks, Colleen :)

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

NemoR wrote: February 2nd, 2019, 11:56 am Thanks Sonia! ... yeah, I wanted to change the tune slightly and make it more my "own" so it would be true to the original, but not have any PD issues ... glad it worked!
clever thinking :lol:

although come to think of it, are National Anthems not PD anyway ? And I would say, since this tune was written by Haydn, we are long past PD dates ;)

But it sounds great, that's all that matters !

Sonia
tovarisch

Post by tovarisch »

I'd like to record 30, 39, 40, and 41, unless somebody else has already claimed them.
tovarisch
  • reality prompts me to scale down my reading, sorry to say
    to PLers: do correct my pronunciation please
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

tovarisch wrote: February 2nd, 2019, 12:48 pm I'd like to record 30, 39, 40, and 41, unless somebody else has already claimed them.
yay, thank you so much Victor. The thought that I will hear all these Russian names in your wonderful authentic accent is simply :9:

I'll sign you up for those 4 sections and looking forward to them. Please check second post for any details for intro/outro, title and footnotes.

And welcome to the World Story project. I believe this is the first book of the series you participate in. And hopefully not the last. :)

Sonia
Kikisaulite
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kikisaulite »

Kitty wrote: February 2nd, 2019, 9:21 am
For Section 19, your end silence exceeds 8 seconds though, which is a bit long. Could you please trim that down to our standard 5 and reupload ? All the rest is fine. Thanks !

Sonia
Section 19 is re-uploaded, new duration is 13:08! :)
Keep your mind here and now, where it belongs.
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Kikisaulite wrote: February 2nd, 2019, 2:24 pm Section 19 is re-uploaded, new duration is 13:08! :)
thank you, I can mark it PL ok now. Although the volume has dropped to 85.9 dB now :hmm: did you change anything on the volume ? It was inside the limits before. Well, 0.1 dB doesn't matter much, so it can pass ;)

Sonia
Kikisaulite
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kikisaulite »

Hmmm... the drop in volume is strange. I did not do anything to the file other than cut the seconds and re-export it... :hmm:
(Though, on the other hand, audacity does some funny things some times. It once made a master mix of 4 or 5 of my recorded sections - just mixed them all randomly among themselves. Like 4 minutes from chapter 1, then 3 minutes from other book, than again a piece from other... And all I did was to load those 5 sections on a flash drive. :lol: So the loss of .1 dB should not make me wonder.)
Keep your mind here and now, where it belongs.
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Kikisaulite wrote: February 2nd, 2019, 2:43 pmIt once made a master mix of 4 or 5 of my recorded sections - just mixed them all randomly among themselves. Like 4 minutes from chapter 1, then 3 minutes from other book, than again a piece from other... And all I did was to load those 5 sections on a flash drive. :lol:
:shock: I have never heard of that before. This is awful. I hope you managed to disentangle them again, or kept your old files to use.

Sonia
alanmapstone

Post by alanmapstone »

Alan
the sixth age shifts into the slippered pantaloon with spectacles on nose
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

alanmapstone wrote: February 3rd, 2019, 7:30 am Section 99 - The Muezzin. Time 2:54
https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/worldstory_volume06_099_tappan_128kb.mp3
thank you, Alan for this excellent performance as muezzin :thumbs: although I had a bit of mixed feelings when I heard this, as the muezzin was the cause for many an interrupted sleep during my travels through Turkey. :? There always seemed to have been a minaret close by our hotel somehow.

Absolutely PL ok. Entertaining little chapter.

Sonia
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

Sonia, Section 1 is PL OK. But cossacks in my recording cubby? Unsettling to say the least! :shock: