Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
lymiewithpurpose

Post by lymiewithpurpose »

Campbell
pronouns: they/them
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

lymiewithpurpose wrote: January 30th, 2019, 7:53 am Fixed them! Was paying so much attention to the asides, forgot to pay attention to the rest of the script! Got to get my act together (he he he), not usually this sloppy! :D
excellent corrections and all PL ok now. :thumbs: Thanks.

And don't beat yourself up about these small errors. This is still a far-cry from "sloppy", believe me. And the script was really hard to read from. There's no guarantee that I found all the stage directions now ;) but we will notice that in the final assembly.

Wonderful job, and I hope I hear you in another play soon.

Sonia
I will be on vacation from Wednesday 27 March till Sunday 14 April
and unable to PL during that time. Thank you for your patience.
lymiewithpurpose

Kitty wrote: January 30th, 2019, 1:20 pm
lymiewithpurpose wrote: January 30th, 2019, 7:53 am Fixed them! Was paying so much attention to the asides, forgot to pay attention to the rest of the script! Got to get my act together (he he he), not usually this sloppy! :D
excellent corrections and all PL ok now. :thumbs: Thanks.

And don't beat yourself up about these small errors. This is still a far-cry from "sloppy", believe me. And the script was really hard to read from. There's no guarantee that I found all the stage directions now ;) but we will notice that in the final assembly.

Wonderful job, and I hope I hear you in another play soon.

Sonia
Thanks! I'm just finding it really interesting because I'm usually a really intense perfectionist who doesn't miss anything. Now, I'm starting to have a bunch of health problems and my mental function is starting to slow down, so it's saddening to see everything I miss :(

Hope to be able to record more soon! Been having mic issues and had to order another one, should be coming today. I can record a few short lines, but when I get over a few minutes, there are some weird noises that have been happening. Hope to start again soon!
Campbell
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

lymiewithpurpose wrote: January 30th, 2019, 1:23 pmHope to be able to record more soon! Been having mic issues and had to order another one, should be coming today. I can record a few short lines, but when I get over a few minutes, there are some weird noises that have been happening. Hope to start again soon!
are you sure it's the mic ? It could be simply that you are moving or touching the mic, bumping it from time to time, or maybe it's the cable that is loose. Well, since you already bought a new one, good luck with that one :)

Sonia
lymiewithpurpose

Kitty wrote: January 30th, 2019, 2:09 pm
lymiewithpurpose wrote: January 30th, 2019, 1:23 pmHope to be able to record more soon! Been having mic issues and had to order another one, should be coming today. I can record a few short lines, but when I get over a few minutes, there are some weird noises that have been happening. Hope to start again soon!
are you sure it's the mic ? It could be simply that you are moving or touching the mic, bumping it from time to time, or maybe it's the cable that is loose. Well, since you already bought a new one, good luck with that one :)

Sonia
I've been talking to my dad and he thinks it's the mic. It's made some weird sounds, and it's a really cheap one. I didn't buy one specifically for this, I just happened to have some apple earbuds with a low quality built in mic. I've paid attention to when it makes the sounds and stuff and there's no rhyme or reason to it, so I just ordered a cheap desktop mic in the hopes that that will serve me better :)
Campbell
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

My role is recorded but not yet ready. I wanted to point out, though, that Shift does appear in Act 4 also.
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

mightyfelix wrote: January 31st, 2019, 9:44 pm My role is recorded but not yet ready. I wanted to point out, though, that Shift does appear in Act 4 also.
Thank you. Guess I am juggling too many plays. I fixed the MW.

Todd
I will be out of touch until 10 April. Carry on, and I'll fix up the MW when I'm back.
My Librivox Quixote Part 1 Shakuntala Porgy Falstaff Bountiful Town Christmas Carol Basset 1 Act 20 Mercator Silver Age
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

No problem. It always sorts itself out eventually. :)
bluechien

Post by bluechien »

I just realized, my role is so big (for my slow recording) I may need to ask for an extension to do all of it :hmm:

but, ... I should have a few acts edited and up before too long. These are wonderful characters!

Oh - I forgot to ask. Were you looking to include Maci's Epilogue?
Eva D
If we do meet again, why, we shall smile;
If not, why then, this parting was well made.
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

bluechien wrote: February 1st, 2019, 9:26 pmOh - I forgot to ask. Were you looking to include Maci's Epilogue?
I had the impression this part was definitely part of the play, yes. :hmm:

And here are my finished files for Fallace (did she really have to have such a telling name :oops: :lol: )

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/outofhumour_fallace_2_128kb.mp3
Recording time: 6:26 min.

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/outofhumour_fallace_4_128kb.mp3
Recording time: 4:52 min.

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/outofhumour_fallace_5_128kb.mp3
Recording time: 3:42 min.

I had huge fun, firstly in berating poor Deliro and secondly in drooling over Fastidious :lol: a complex character.

Hope you enjoy, Todd !

Sonia
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Here is Shift. I took advantage of a slightly sore throat to give him a good disreputable growl. :mrgreen:

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/outofhumour_shift_3_128kb.mp3
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/outofhumour_shift_4_128kb.mp3
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/outofhumour_shift_5_128kb.mp3

I'd appreciate any feedback, though, on the inflections I used. I fear there are quite a few jokes here that I'm missing, and I'm not quite confident on my characterization of him in places. Particularly the long speech in Act 3. I didn't read any other part of the play, either, so I might be missing information on how to react to the characters around me.
ej400

Post by ej400 »

Hello Todd, (what a coincidence, my dad's name is also Todd :lol: ), I was wondering if I could please claim Sogliardo?
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

My kid calls me Dad too.....

Thank you both, Todd
I will be out of touch until 10 April. Carry on, and I'll fix up the MW when I'm back.
My Librivox Quixote Part 1 Shakuntala Porgy Falstaff Bountiful Town Christmas Carol Basset 1 Act 20 Mercator Silver Age
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

mightyfelix wrote: February 4th, 2019, 1:54 pmHere is Shift. I took advantage of a slightly sore throat to give him a good disreputable growl. :mrgreen:
:clap: excellent, I loved the growl. The name is quite apt "shifty" fits the bill ;)

Oh and I had to suppress giggles all through this tirade to his beloved rapier :lol: one would think he was married to it. Excellently done, Devorah. And for what it's worth, I didn't hear any wrong inflections or so. To me the sentences all made perfect sense the way you interpreted them.

We can safely mark him PL ok. An excellent performance. (so for how much would you sell me your rapier now ?)

Sonia