Hello there!

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
redundercover

Post by redundercover »

Hulloa!
My name is RedUndercover (or Red, as my friends call me).
I'm a Computer Science Undergraduate studying in Florida, and I hope to go into artificial intelligence.
I enjoy reading quirky novels and really anything I can get my hands on, with favorites including "Elanor Oliphant is Completely Fine", "A Man Called Ove", and of course "The Hound of the Baskervilles".
I love to write songs and sing. Not very good ones I'm afraid, but they are still songs nonetheless.
I thoroughly enjoy music, and I'm excited to see what you folks like to listen to and meet all of you.
I'm excited to attempt to start reading for librivox, and have been eying up a particular poem ("The Prisoner" by Emily Bronte) to read and share with you all.
And to end this little blurb with something a bit unorthodox, a question: What books do you like to read, and what music do you like to listen to?
(I find that asking these two tidbits tends to open up new doors.)

Thank you for reading,
Red
lymiewithpurpose

Post by lymiewithpurpose »

Hi!

Welcome to LibriVox! I think you'll have a lot of fun here! Seems like you already have some great ideas on how to be part of this community! I think it's cool that you like to sing - I used to but gave up because I suck at it :lol: props to you for sticking with it! I also love reading too. I like more mystery books, Agatha Christie is one of my favorite authors! As for music, I have strange tastes. I like Country, as long as any variation of it. Many people think it's really weird, I like Gothic Country and Country Rap. What music do you like?

Hope to see you around the forum!
Campbell
pronouns: they/them
moniaqua

Post by moniaqua »

Welcome here now, Red :)
redundercover wrote: January 31st, 2019, 7:38 pm What books do you like to read, and what music do you like to listen to?
All books that are interesting (no quirky stuff, I fear, no thrillers, too) and almost all music that has harmonies ;) I prefer to make music, though, more than to only listen to it. No matter if instrumental or singing, I love both.
Boomcoach

Post by Boomcoach »

I think that if lymie and I ever meet up, we should probably stick with books! :D Country is about the only form of music that really grates on my nerves. Jazz and hard rock are my preferences, I think because I care much more about the instrumentation than the lyrics. For the past year or so, I have been heavily into symphonic metal, especially Nightwish and Within Temptation.

My reading varies, lots of fantasy, also a big fan of Agatha Christie. I also read a fair bit of hard science and history.
Boomcoach
My Catalog Page
My current Solo project A Spoiler of Men by Richard Marsh
One role needed to complete the Dramatic Reading of The Leader by Murray Leinster, help us finish this project!
lymiewithpurpose

Post by lymiewithpurpose »

Boomcoach wrote: February 2nd, 2019, 9:41 am Country is about the only form of music that really grates on my nerves. Jazz and hard rock are my preferences, I think because I care much more about the instrumentation than the lyrics.

Haha, that's why I like country so much, because it's about the lyrics! Glad to hear we can agree on books though! :lol:
Campbell
pronouns: they/them