[FIXED] 'file not found' JohnnyReb/BillyYank

Report & help check download problems, corrupted files, badly-named files, bad links etc. (NOT for style & reading complaints)
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

to me
Hi everyone,

I just read your forum instructions for reporting errors. I’m not familiar with forums, and I fear that registering and starting a new a new topic is a bit beyond me this evening. So I’m reporting an error via email, following the error report format listed in your forum instructions as much as possible

2. Book Name: Johnny Reb and Billy Yank
3. Catalog page URL: https://librivox.org/johnny-reb-and-billy-yank-by-alexander-hunter/
4. Chapter/Section #: Part 1 Chapter 22
5. File format: I don’t know. I downloaded this book on to my iPhone, where I’ve discovered the error. I’ve also, just now, tried to play this chapter from your website.
6. How I downloaded the file: I selected the ‘download’ option on the book’s ‘page’ in your mobile app on my phone. I don’t know under which category this would fall.
7. Nature of Problem: The mobile app says the file can’t be played and asks if I’m connected to the internet. I’ve tried re-downloading the chapter to no effect. When I try to play the chapter from your website a message says, 'Page not found. We’re sorry, the page you have requested is not available.’
8. Time or times-location of problems: yesterday and today, while walking my dog and at my home, Flagstaff AZ

Thanks for for all your work! I love listening to your books. If I could read a paragraph without stumbling, I’d volunteer as a reader.
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Fixed.

Incorrectly named file in the Section Compiler metadata. :)
School fiction: David Blaize
Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
Humor: My Lady Nicotine
KiltedDragon
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by KiltedDragon »

The file is there and plays fine for me both from our webpage and the Archive webpage.

However, I did see that the files are all out of order; all the part 1s are listed first and then all the part 2s. Any suggestions on the best way to correct this? Do I just remove the numbers in front of the file names on Archive and then change the track numbers and re-derive?
Barry
My Recordings
“I became insane. With long intervals of horrible sanity.” - Edgar Allan Poe
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Don't overthink this. It looks perfectly fine to me. The book seems to have had 2 main divisions: parts 1 and 2. Then those were divided down into chapters. See sections 37-39: they're "Part 2, Chapter 2, Part 1 - 2 - 3" just like they should be.
School fiction: David Blaize
Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
Humor: My Lady Nicotine
KiltedDragon
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by KiltedDragon »

Oh yeah, you're right. I recorded that more than a few months ago; already out of my memory. :lol:
Barry
My Recordings
“I became insane. With long intervals of horrible sanity.” - Edgar Allan Poe