COMPLETE[PLAY]Crossings: A Fairy Play by De la Mare - thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
EmmaHatton

Post by EmmaHatton »

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/crossingsafairyplay_sallieorsarah_2_128kb.mp3 here are the fixes, sorry for the many mistakes, my mind just likes to skip combined lines I guess. all is good though. :D
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you.

Todd
ChuckW

Post by ChuckW »

PROJECTS
Current Solo:Septimius Felton (Hawthorne's final novel)
Help Needed: Strange Interlude (O'Neill's Freudian melodrama - roles available!)
carolpelster

Post by carolpelster »

I would like to apply to read the part of Miss Agatha Wildersham, please, if I may.
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you both.

Todd
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

EmmaHatton wrote: January 28th, 2019, 7:06 pm https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/crossingsafairyplay_sallieorsarah_2_128kb.mp3 here are the fixes, sorry for the many mistakes, my mind just likes to skip combined lines I guess. all is good though. :D
Thank you - perfect now.

Don't worry about mistakes. Hopefully you find most when you review your recording file before sending it in, then our DPL (if we had one) gets a chance on your lines, I look when I edit the play together, and then the whole thing gets listened to yet one more time at the end. We don't require perfection, but we do get close anyhow.

Todd
carolpelster

Post by carolpelster »

ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Ah, so you don't think she has a heart of gold buried within?

By the way, the [ ] in the file name examples in the first posting are to show you where to customize the file name, and should not be used in your actual file name. So
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/crossingsafairyplay_[missagathawildersham]_[01].mp3 should be https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/crossingsafairyplay_missagathawildersham_01.mp3

It doesn't matter here because I take all your files apart to produce the final (properly named) file for each act. But for books, where your file needs to be ready to go directly into the catalog when the book is complete, it will matter.

Thanks, Todd
carolpelster

Post by carolpelster »

Thanks for the clarification.
Regarding Aunt Agatha's chances of redemption, they are very slim since she refused to drink whatever it is that is contained in the tiny goblets.
EmmaHatton

Post by EmmaHatton »

ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you.

I see I have a number of lines to PL - I'll get to them soon.

Thanks, Todd
Nichalia

Post by Nichalia »

Can I please record: 12 (Mrs. Budge) and 18 (Fairies)? :3
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you. And glad you gave character names, not just numbers - the numbers constantly change (unlike in a book project) as I rearrange the MW to always have open sections on top.

Todd
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Very nicely done; she sure does talk a lot throughout this act! Only three comments:

At 1:10 in your file, you left out the phrase "Not even one's neighbours." from the top of page 41

At 8:14, you say "nightmares", text says "nightingales" at top of page 51.

At 12:46, the "15s 5d.!" should be pronounced "15 shillings and 5 pence" - the "!" is just a regular exclamation point.

Thanks, Todd