Experiment: Collaborative Letter-Story Game

Everything except LibriVox (yes, this is where knitting gets discussed. Now includes non-LV Volunteers Wanted projects)
JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 »

Letter 4 is finished... I hope you enjoy it!
~ πš˜πš— πš‘πš’πšŠπšπšžπšœ ~
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Well! I didn't see that coming! :shock:

However, this will fall in nicely with my plans. :twisted:

*Cue Mr. Burns voice.* Excellent, excellent.
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Letter 5 is ready. :)
JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 »

mightyfelix wrote: ↑January 29th, 2019, 4:44 pm Well! I didn't see that coming! :shock:

However, this will fall in nicely with my plans. :twisted:

*Cue Mr. Burns voice.* Excellent, excellent.
Wow! Letter 5 was...unexpected :lol:

This story is going so well!! I was so excited to see how you/any other volunteer would take letter 4, and wow, you've turned it into something I never would have dreamed of! (In such a great way- that was better than anything I had in mind!)

I'd say your emojis of choice are fitting :lol: ( :twisted: ) What will happen now...??

:D
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

I have an idea for "Jane", but I'm working today. It doesn't matter, her letter can come anywhere in the group, as it isn't time dependent.
JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 »

Cool! I had sort of a hazy idea for Jane...but the more I thought about it, the more I realized it wouldn't exactly work and fit in well to the story. :D
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

JayKitty76 wrote: ↑January 30th, 2019, 3:15 pm Cool! I had sort of a hazy idea for Jane...but the more I thought about it, the more I realized it wouldn't exactly work and fit in well to the story. :D
I know what I want her to be, but I'm trying to work out who she should be related to - I was thinking of making her a cousin, but clearly she can't be the daughter of the second son "Mr Armstrong", nor can she be the daughter of "Aunt Laura" from the way Rebecca speaks of her. I'm reluctant to create yet another branch of the family, but considering how "difficult" she is going to be they would never have her if there wasn't a strong obligation. If she were the daughter of a servant they would just make her leave or shuffle her off somewhere. Hmmm.

Or wait, maybe she could be the daughter of Aunt Laura, and I've just realised something else... Aunt Laura has to be the older sister of the (dying) Mrs Armstrong.
JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 »

Elizabby wrote: ↑January 30th, 2019, 3:27 pm
JayKitty76 wrote: ↑January 30th, 2019, 3:15 pm Cool! I had sort of a hazy idea for Jane...but the more I thought about it, the more I realized it wouldn't exactly work and fit in well to the story. :D
I know what I want her to be, but I'm trying to work out who she should be related to - I was thinking of making her a cousin, but clearly she can't be the daughter of the second son "Mr Armstrong", nor can she be the daughter of "Aunt Laura" from the way Rebecca speaks of her. I'm reluctant to create yet another branch of the family, but considering how "difficult" she is going to be they would never have her if there wasn't a strong obligation. If she were the daughter of a servant they would just make her leave or shuffle her off somewhere. Hmmm.

Or wait, maybe she could be the daughter of Aunt Laura, and I've just realised something else... Aunt Laura has to be the older sister of the (dying) Mrs Armstrong.
Whoa...complicated :lol: But really, it all makes sense! I actually didn't think about all that when I created her, but I think she is going to be able to be fitted in somewhere.

Mysteries await, yet to be answered...
Why is Aunt Laura scheming (apparently) with Rebecca?
Either Mr Armstrong is trustworthy, or someone apparently thought he was...then why did Mrs Armstrong trust him? And where exactly is he now? (Or where is he 'supposed' to be?)

I guess we'll find out! :)
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Yes, I'm very interested in Jane! Also figuring out the ages of each character is becoming interesting. We know that Katherine is 16, and Rebecca is older, maybe early 20s? I'm interested in why you're saying Aunt Laura is older than the girls' mother. But maybe that's coming in your next letter. For myself, I was still wondering whether she is their aunt on their mother's or father's side.
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

By the way, it occurred to me that as the story grows, we will all necessarily have to continue scrolling further and further down the page to read and write new letters. If you agree, I will reverse the order of the letters, with the oldest ones at the bottom, so we can all just add new letters at the top. What do you think?
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

I don't mind it as it is - I often need to check what has already happened! But if you want to switch it around, better now than when there are more letters!
JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 »

mightyfelix wrote: ↑January 30th, 2019, 10:52 pm By the way, it occurred to me that as the story grows, we will all necessarily have to continue scrolling further and further down the page to read and write new letters. If you agree, I will reverse the order of the letters, with the oldest ones at the bottom, so we can all just add new letters at the top. What do you think?
Same as Elizabby. Either way is fine with me- your point is very valid and one that I completely agree with, but I do need to check older information as well :thumbs:
JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 »

mightyfelix wrote: ↑January 30th, 2019, 8:40 pm Yes, I'm very interested in Jane! Also figuring out the ages of each character is becoming interesting. We know that Katherine is 16, and Rebecca is older, maybe early 20s? I'm interested in why you're saying Aunt Laura is older than the girls' mother. But maybe that's coming in your next letter. For myself, I was still wondering whether she is their aunt on their mother's or father's side.
Rebecca is college-age, so yes, early twenties...?
mightyfelix wrote: ↑January 30th, 2019, 8:40 pm I'm interested in why you're saying Aunt Laura is older than the girls' mother.
Me too :D

I pictured Mr Armstrong at first being Mrs Armstrong's husband, but...wait...figuring things out...if she's his sister-in-law, that would mean...Mr Armstrong's brother's widow is Mrs Armstrong. Right? (I'm getting confused :lol: ) That's what was mentioned in letter 5. Wait, yeah- I think that makes sense! :thumbs: I think it's better this way, rather than Mr Armstrong being Mrs Armstrong's husband and having to come up with some complicated, elaborate story on why he is betraying her... :D

I'm kind of excited to see where the storyline with Timothy is going to go, as well... For now he's just a 'sidekick', if he even fits into that category, but we'll see...maybe it'll go somewhere else, maybe not... :D
JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 »

Whew! Letter 6 is up, after much thought and consideration :lol: :lol:

This is definitely a riveting story!
JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 »

It's hard because since I know everything that happened, in all the correspondences, I find myself writing something that the character I am writing as wouldn't possibly know about.

I finally had to reference a new character, because everybody else that were potential candidates weren't working out, for one reason or another.