COMPLETE[PLAY] The Vampire; or, the Bride of the Isles by J.R. Planche - thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
ChuckW

Post by ChuckW »

PROJECTS
Current Solo:Septimius Felton (Hawthorne's final novel)
Help Needed: Strange Interlude (O'Neill's Freudian melodrama - roles available!)
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

I have added the cast list to the catalog page summary.

Thanks, Todd
benderca

Post by benderca »

Kitty wrote: January 27th, 2019, 1:17 pm
benderca wrote: January 27th, 2019, 1:03 pm TJ's file, appear, appear!
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/vampire_unda_1_128kb.mp3
Hey, it worked! Yay!
hurray !!! the final file is in. :9: and wow, TJ, this was a powerful performance. :thumbs: especially this "down" at the end is grandiose, full in charge. I enjoyed every minute of it.

There is one line missing however:

> at 1:30 (second column, top) : missing line: "Attend the Ariel"

if you could quickly add that, then Chuck can edit it together while I am sleeping, and tomorrow it's ready to be archived :9:

Thank you !

Sonia
Oooh, nice catch, Sonia! You are really good! And thanks!

I added the missing line "Attend thee Ariel" at 1:30.

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/vampire_unda_1_128kb.mp3

TJ
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

benderca wrote: January 28th, 2019, 7:48 am Oooh, nice catch, Sonia! You are really good! And thanks!
8-) I am peeling my eyes to check precisely. (still missing some parts occasionally)

Perfectly PL ok now. YAY. Now only waiting the final assembly by Chuck and then we're finished. :9:

Thanks

Sonia
ChuckW

Post by ChuckW »

Yaaaaaay! Thanks TJ! :-)

And that's a wrap!

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/vampire_00_planche_128kb.mp3 [8:18]

To Todd: Just an FYI: I changed the summary to fix some grammatical errors and inaccuracies. Thanks for volunteering to be my MC again. :-)

To Sonia: Thank you for your tremendous help all throughout this project. I literally couldn't have done this without you. |

To everyone who helped bring this project to life: Thank you all so much! This play sounds terrific, and I hope you're all proud of what you've accomplished here. This will also be my last play for a while, as I am taking a hiatus from dramatic projects for a while. I'll probably come back if something catches my attention, but for now I want to keep my LV responsibilities as minimal as possible... and sadly, doing these plays can sometimes overwhelm in ways other projects here do not. Thanks again for all the help!
PROJECTS
Help Needed: Strange Interlude (O'Neill's Freudian melodrama - roles available!)
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

I updated the official summary.

Thanks, Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ChuckW wrote: January 28th, 2019, 3:12 pmAnd that's a wrap!
great introduction to the play, especially the short scene at the end when Ruthven appears and the spirits strike him down 8-) powerful !

And you did the merging here very craftily, it was a good idea to have some lines read by only one spirit. :thumbs:

I have only two small notes:

> at 7:31: (p. 4) “Chorus without, left” – since you didn’t mention the chorus at the beginning in Unda’s first speech, I think it’s only breaking the flow to mention it here. This can be cut out safely

> the volume is almost 94 dB, maybe decrease by - 3 or -4 to get it more in our desired range

The rest is all fine.

So have you planned on switching the lover's farewell song or do we keep yours ? I think it was well enough, but it's up to you. Just let me know if you switch it, I better Spot PL in that case.

Sonia
ChuckW

Post by ChuckW »

Kitty wrote: January 29th, 2019, 2:07 am
ChuckW wrote: January 28th, 2019, 3:12 pmAnd that's a wrap!
great introduction to the play, especially the short scene at the end when Ruthven appears and the spirits strike him down 8-) powerful !

And you did the merging here very craftily, it was a good idea to have some lines read by only one spirit. :thumbs:

I have only two small notes:

> at 7:31: (p. 4) “Chorus without, left” – since you didn’t mention the chorus at the beginning in Unda’s first speech, I think it’s only breaking the flow to mention it here. This can be cut out safely

> the volume is almost 94 dB, maybe decrease by - 3 or -4 to get it more in our desired range

The rest is all fine.

So have you planned on switching the lover's farewell song or do we keep yours ? I think it was well enough, but it's up to you. Just let me know if you switch it, I better Spot PL in that case.

Sonia

And this should do it! Thanks Sonia!

As you suspected, I had some more trouble syncing up some of the voices and decided to have them alternate instead. I worried that it sounded a little too much like a Sailor Moon monologue, but am glad it all worked out. :D

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/vampire_00_planche_128kb.mp3 [8:15]

I'll fiddle around with Act II and post the results if I decide to change anything. But if it's between me doing this and getting this into the catalogue, please don't wait on me. :-)
PROJECTS
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Don't want to catalog until you are happy with it!

Thanks, Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ChuckW wrote: January 29th, 2019, 7:14 amAs you suspected, I had some more trouble syncing up some of the voices and decided to have them alternate instead. I worried that it sounded a little too much like a Sailor Moon monologue, but am glad it all worked out. :D
I don't know what a Sailor Moon monologue would sound like :lol: but it was a good choice you made

PL ok now.
I'll fiddle around with Act II and post the results if I decide to change anything. But if it's between me doing this and getting this into the catalogue, please don't wait on me. :-)
well, no, Todd has to be sure this Act II is the final version now when he starts the uploading process. If you say you still want to fiddle with it, then we wait until you're done :) (edit: Todd was faster :lol: )

Just let us know as soon as.

For me the result is good. But it's your project. It was an excellent choice of play :9:

Sonia
ChuckW

Post by ChuckW »

Kitty wrote: January 29th, 2019, 7:20 am
ChuckW wrote: January 29th, 2019, 7:14 amAs you suspected, I had some more trouble syncing up some of the voices and decided to have them alternate instead. I worried that it sounded a little too much like a Sailor Moon monologue, but am glad it all worked out. :D
I don't know what a Sailor Moon monologue would sound like :lol: but it was a good choice you made

PL ok now.
well, no, Todd has to be sure this Act II is the final version now when he starts the uploading process. If you say you still want to fiddle with it, then we wait until you're done :) (edit: Todd was faster :lol: )

Just let us know as soon as.

For me the result is good. But it's your project. It was an excellent choice of play :9:

Sonia
Haha. I didn't expect you to PL this so quickly. :-)

If you really think Act II sounds good as is, then I think we'll leave it alone. I'm eager to get this into the catalogue.

Thanks as always Sonia! You truly are the DPL queen!
PROJECTS
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ChuckW wrote: January 29th, 2019, 7:27 amIf you really think Act II sounds good as is, then I think we'll leave it alone. I'm eager to get this into the catalogue.
yes it's my honest opinion that the duet sounded wonderful. :)

Off we go then, as soon as Todd is ready
You truly are the DPL queen!
:lol: now I have this ABBA song in my head. Thanks for that.

PLing this play was a treat, so many great actors taking part. Thanks ALL !

Sonia
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Cataloging.

Thanks, Todd
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

This project is complete. Audio files may be found in our catalog at https://librivox.org/the-vampire-or-the-bride-of-the-isles-by-james-planche/

(Actually, as I type this, archive.org is still deriving various listening format files. But close enough - just be patient this morning.)

Thanks, Todd
ChuckW

Post by ChuckW »

ToddHW wrote: January 29th, 2019, 8:41 am This project is complete. Audio files may be found in our catalog at https://librivox.org/the-vampire-or-the-bride-of-the-isles-by-james-planche/

(Actually, as I type this, archive.org is still deriving various listening format files. But close enough - just be patient this morning.)

Thanks, Todd
Woohoo! Thanks Todd!
PROJECTS