COMPLETE[PLAY]Every Man Out of His Humour by Jonson - thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Hamlet

Post by Hamlet »

I would like to claim Fastidious Brisk, please.

Brad
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Hamlet wrote: January 27th, 2019, 3:42 pm I would like to claim Fastidious Brisk, please.

Brad
Thanks. Don't you just love that name?

Todd
NemoR

Post by NemoR »

Nemo

Thoreau - “Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake."
KIBBONAFIDE

Post by KIBBONAFIDE »

I’d like to claim Puntarvolo if he’s still available!

Thanks!
Josh Kibbey
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you.

Todd
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

KIBBONAFIDE wrote: January 27th, 2019, 6:23 pm I’d like to claim Puntarvolo if he’s still available!

Thanks!
Thank you.

Todd
alanmapstone

Post by alanmapstone »

May I read Mitis? A character with "no character" according to Jonson.
Alan
the sixth age shifts into the slippered pantaloon with spectacles on nose
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you.

Todd
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

I'll take Shift, please. This will be a new kind of role for me, and should be fun.
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

mightyfelix wrote: January 27th, 2019, 10:02 pmI'll take Shift, please. This will be a new kind of role for me, and should be fun.
from the character description:
SHIFT, a thread-bare shark; one that never was a soldier, yet lives upon lendings. His profession is skeldring and odling, his bank Paul's, and his warehouse Picthatch. Takes up single testons upon oaths, till doomsday. Falls under executions of three shillings, and enters into five-groat bonds. He way-lays the reports of services, and cons them without book, damning himself he came new from them, when all the while he was taking the diet in the bawdy-house, or lay pawned in his chamber for rent and victuals. He is of that admirable and happy memory, that he will salute one for an old acquaintance that he never saw in his life before. He usurps upon cheats, quarrels, and robberies, which he never did, only to get him a name. His chief exercises are, taking the whiff, squiring a cockatrice, and making privy searches for imparters.
:shock: yes I see how this is a new kind of role for you, Devorah :mrgreen: Even though Sophy Fullgarney was quite a handful as well ;)

thanks for claiming. Looking forward to this. 8-)

BTW Todd, will those rather funny descriptions be included in the casting list ? They are quite long though, so probably the narrator should read them and then put after the casting list. Or do we leave them out completely ?

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

:lol: I had to laugh out loud at Clove's pseudo-intellectual speech. Quite devoid of any serious meaning, I suspect, but yes, it sounds good when you want to befuddle the masses. :thumbs:

Excellent job Nemo, both on Asper and Clove. Both PL ok.

Asper mentioned that he would participate in the play later on so I checked the introduction and it seems that Jonson meant Asper and Macilente to be played by the same person. We could have implemented that here too. :hmm:

A good start, in any case ! The play sounds already hilarious.

Btw Todd: the prologue seems to be quite long, are you sure you want to include it in the first Act ? One could have the prologue with the DP all in one file. :hmm:

Sonia
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Ah, nice little role -- may I play Cavalier Shift?
On the road again, so delays are possible
~ Larry
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

silverquill wrote: January 28th, 2019, 6:28 am Ah, nice little role -- may I play Cavalier Shift?
hey Larry :) welcome on board. Sorry though, Shift has been taken this morning by Devorah. I hope there's another role you may be interested in instead.

Sonia
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

BTW Todd, will those rather funny descriptions be included in the casting list ? They are quite long though, so probably the narrator should read them and then put after the casting list. Or do we leave them out completely ?

Btw Todd: the prologue seems to be quite long, are you sure you want to include it in the first Act ? One could have the prologue with the DP all in one file. :hmm:
I will think about these, hopefully before we get someone claiming the Stage Directions....

Thanks, Todd
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Kitty wrote: January 28th, 2019, 6:32 am
silverquill wrote: January 28th, 2019, 6:28 am Ah, nice little role -- may I play Cavalier Shift?
hey Larry :) welcome on board. Sorry though, Shift has been taken this morning by Devorah. I hope there's another role you may be interested in instead.

Sonia
Shucks! Oh, well.
I haven't looked closely enough at the other parts, so I'll just wait.
I need to make some progress on the other projects.
On the road again, so delays are possible
~ Larry