ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you.

Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

WiltedScribe wrote: January 25th, 2019, 6:14 pmHere is Claude Emptage. I couldn't resist making him melodramatic and a right pain in the backside to be around. :lol:
:lol: really my sister has brought up all her children shockingly, no discipline at all. And only Fletcher to support her in the education, what do I expect ? You were lacking the strong hand of dear auntie.

Excellent job, Tomas. Claude is a right brat. I especially love the scene where he laments the stop to his several envisioned careers :lol: The boy is delusional ;) But this was a strong scene, because indeed, he was the only one who had the courage (or lack of decency) to speak his mind in the situation. :thumbs:

All acts PL ok. Thanks...will listen to your Lukin after breakfast. I had Claude on an empty stomach. :mrgreen:

Sonia
CharlieData

Post by CharlieData »

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/benefitofthedoubt_horton_1_128kb.mp3 00:39
Would you use CharlieData for my credits please and thank you.
KIBBONAFIDE

Post by KIBBONAFIDE »

Is Peter Elphick claimed yet? I can, if not!
Josh Kibbey
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you both.

And this play is now full!

Todd
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

I have recorded Fletcher in all his pomposity and greatness. He awaits a small bit of judicious editing before being sprung upon the world for PL. Especially since it is his sister than will be doing the PL....

EDIT: My lines now reside within that MW-thingy, my dear sister. I was going to save you the effort of attempting to attentively listen to them when you had some time to spare, and just go ahead and mark them PL OK now as they were entered, but perhaps you will find some small thing - a purely technical matter, perhaps - that will make the time and effort of your review of the lines of some small value. I'll be down at the House deciding important matters of State - or perhaps over at the Club - while you busy yourself as you wish. But really, bringing the Bishop into this affair; that really was not called for....

Thanks, Fletcher Portwood, MP
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

CharlieData wrote: January 27th, 2019, 5:30 pm https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/benefitofthedoubt_horton_1_128kb.mp3 00:39
Would you use CharlieData for my credits please and thank you.
:clap: a wonderful start into your drama career, Charlie ! I loved the husky voice you're giving Horton and as soon as you started with the little "ha-hum" in your first speech I simply knew this was going to be excellent. :thumbs: I love it when even small characters in a play have such a distinct personality. Pity he wasn't on stage longer.

Totally PL ok. And I hope I can hear you soon in another production. Plenty of new ones have started up over the weekend ;)

Thanks for taking part here.

And now Fletcher....on to you.

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Fletcher Portwood wrote:My lines now reside within that MW-thingy, my dear sister. I was going to save you the effort of attempting to attentively listen to them when you had some time to spare, and just go ahead and mark them PL OK now as they were entered, but perhaps you will find some small thing - a purely technical matter, perhaps - that will make the time and effort of your review of the lines of some small value.
my dear brother, your performance, although overly pompous and inappropriately limelight-stealing, nevertheless, admittedly (I am fair, you'll notice, and won't hold a grudge), adds great value to this stage play. For the benefit of entertainment of our future audience, I will not censure your behaviour towards me in these files (though you'll never get away with it at home, so don't even think about it ! :evil: ).

Acts 1 and 3 are PPLL (since you prefer double-letters to remember them better) ok

I have one small admonishing to do for Act 2 though:

> at 4:35: “A paucity of volumes” – I hear “paucacity” which is unacceptable

Now be a good boy and correct this, please.

H.C.
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Kitty wrote: January 28th, 2019, 2:58 am I have one small admonishing to do for Act 2 though:

> at 4:35: “A paucity of volumes” – I hear “paucacity” which is unacceptable

Now be a good boy and correct this, please.

H.C.
You always did rag me about that trifling stutter. I, on the other hand, magamagamagnanimousely never mentioned your many faults....

Uploaded fix.

Thanks, FPMP
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ToddHW wrote: January 28th, 2019, 7:04 amYou always did rag me about that trifling stutter. I, on the other hand, magamagamagnanimousely never mentioned your many faults....
:lol: Fletcher probably wished his sister had emigrated to Australia, instead of his brother. I had that feeling when he mentioned this brother...

I think the word sound better now, thanks. PL ok.

Sonia
leanneyauyau

Post by leanneyauyau »

Leanne (leanneyauyau) :9:
my librivox page | website | fb page
leanneyauyau

Post by leanneyauyau »

Leanne (leanneyauyau) :9:
my librivox page | website | fb page
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you.

Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

this was brilliant, Leanne 8-) don't ever say you can't play "old widows" convincingly. This definitely ranks among one of your best performances ever, in my opinion. You had a field-day playing the languishing mother here, one can hear that and it's highly entertaining. :lol: Mrs Emptage always makes everything about herself LOL especially in the final act. I totally loved all the whining and complaining.

I have two small notes for each act though before it's done:

in Act 1:

> at about 5:47: missing line: “I repeat, surely all this doesn’t matter now!

in Act 3:

> at 0:16: “Where is my daughter, Mrs. Fraser?” – I find this intonation is misleading, it sounds as if you were asking this of Mrs Fraser, but you're talking to Mrs Allingham and "Mrs Fraser" is actually the daughter you are looking for, so I would make a breathing space in between and intonate the name more questioningly. “Where is my daughter ? Mrs. Fraser?”

thanks for this great performance, I'm glad you "dared" take the part.

Sonia