[COMPLETE] The Works Of Robert G. Ingersoll, Vol 10 - LEGAL -pc

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
williamjones

Post by williamjones »

Ingersoll 37 PL notes:

2:27:30
omitted (his) money in the bank at Middlebury, Vermont...

5:03
...allowed another @5:03 Inserted (man) to take twenty-five thousand dollars in notes belonging to him and put them in his pocket and walk off, he taking off his...

6:06
...all made, signed and @6:06 heard "filled" instead of "filed" in the cloudless light of day...

16:32
...they had a right to do Heard inserted "so" @ 16:32 . That...

18:12
That the red @18:12 heard "book" singular instead of "books never existed.

20:40
And that @ 20:40 heard "the" instead of "his" entire testimony is absurd, contradictory, and utterly unworthy of credit.
-- Bill Jones

When you think that you have exhausted all possibilities, remember this: you haven't.
--- Thomas Edison
williamjones

Post by williamjones »

Ingersoll 38 PL Notes:

An absolutely bravura performance! Not a single misstep could I detect in the reading!

This section is definitely, absolutely, PL OK !!

It was pleasing to me, after having read several sections of this long, long, long project, to find that RGI's defendants were declared Not Guilty and that there was public celebration for this verdict and accolades for RGI, himself. A wholly satisfactory ending to this tale.
-- Bill Jones

When you think that you have exhausted all possibilities, remember this: you haven't.
--- Thomas Edison
msfry

Post by msfry »

Section 37 reloaded with the changes cited (I think), though I found your notes somewhat hard to cipher. There was no time change.

https://librivox.org/uploads/philchenevert/rgingersollvol10legal_37_ingersoll_128kb.mp3
williamjones

Post by williamjones »

Last edited by williamjones on January 14th, 2019, 8:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-- Bill Jones

--- Thomas Edison
williamjones

Post by williamjones »

Ingersoll 37 is PL OK
-- Bill Jones

--- Thomas Edison
DavidReader

Post by DavidReader »

I would like to claim section 31 and 32
Thanks
msfry

Post by msfry »

DavidReader wrote: January 15th, 2019, 9:32 pm I would like to claim section 31 and 32
Thanks
Alright, David, and welcome to the project! I've put you in the MW for 31 and 32. Let me know if you need any help with "the plot", character names, or anything else.
williamjones

Post by williamjones »

-- Bill Jones

--- Thomas Edison
williamjones

Post by williamjones »

If you please, I would like to claim 28, 29 and 30 so as to complete the project's assignments.
-- Bill Jones

--- Thomas Edison
msfry

Post by msfry »

williamjones wrote: January 21st, 2019, 5:41 pm If you please, I would like to claim 28, 29 and 30 so as to complete the project's assignments.
Thank you, and I've put you into the MW for 28, 29 and 30, and marked the project as FULL.
Between you, me and DavidReader, we should be able to wrap this project up pretty soon. :clap:
williamjones

Post by williamjones »

msfry wrote: January 21st, 2019, 6:07 pm
williamjones wrote: January 21st, 2019, 5:41 pm If you please, I would like to claim 28, 29 and 30 so as to complete the project's assignments.
Thank you, and I've put you into the MW for 28, 29 and 30, and marked the project as FULL.
Between you, me and DavidReader, we should be able to wrap this project up pretty soon. :clap:
Thanks. Will start reading tomorrow some time.
These three should be ready for PL by the end of next week.
-- Bill Jones

--- Thomas Edison
DavidReader

Post by DavidReader »

williamjones

Post by williamjones »

-- Bill Jones

--- Thomas Edison
msfry

Post by msfry »

PL Notes Ingersoll 31

Colorful Ingersoll line: "The coat-tail of that point horizontalizes in the dim distance." I laughed.

Well done, David, and thank you for participating. It's not an easy read, even for a native speaker. The errors cited below are those which I deem important enough to ask for correction in this historical document.

2:30 "in the name of said Boone in the States of Texas, Louisiana, Arkansas, Kansas, and Nebraska", you say Texas for Kansas, (thus saying Texas twice).
5:13 Minor took in Mr. Vaile, I hear Mr. Vie. Vaile rhymes with pail. In other places you say Val, which is close enough, I think, to let stand, so you might as well stick with Val.
9:12 It isn't clear here that the Postmaster General is talking, followed by a comment by The Foreman, after which Mr. Ingersoll continues with his remarks. This insertion is obvious in the text but not in the audio. Thus, you might say something like:
"Postmaster General interjects:
The Foreman (Mr. Crane) comments:
Mr. Ingersoll continues:
15:35 You must look over the terms, you say took over
15:58 16:12 18:12 18:40 Clen-den-ning (a character that appears throughout this trial), you say Clen-ding-man
17:08 marked, you said something unintelligible, like malded
19:52 That is what he went out for. Garbled.
21:27 21:45 21:51 22:08 24:03 25:55 Brady (a main character that appears throughout this trial), you say Bradley

Lastly, would you please delete the final phrase: 'Now, here is some more from Mr. Boone", and add it to the beginning of Section 32. That seems a far more sensible ending and beginning than the one I originally specified.

Thanks for your help.
DavidReader

Post by DavidReader »

Hi msfry,
I have made good the errors that you have pointed out in my last recording of section 31, the following is the corrected version:
https://librivox.org/uploads/philchenevert/rgingersollvol10legal_31_ingersoll_128kb.mp3 [27:22]
I have also completed section 32 for PL:
https://librivox.org/uploads/philchenevert/rgingersollvol10legal_32_ingersoll_128kb.mp3 [27:50]
Thanks