COMPLETE[PLAY]Mrs. Pretty and The Premier by Arthur Adams - thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

mightyfelix wrote: January 24th, 2019, 6:32 pmPrepare to stand in awe of the wisdom of Effie Bimm:
awwww, Devorah, you are so endearingly star-struck with the Premier :9: this is such a great performance. And your tone of voice :thumbs: I picture the cliché bleach-blonde petite of some Marilyn Monroe movie. Excellent. And the weeping scene was so heart-rending too, but I remember you got good practice with the Useful Maid :mrgreen: Luckily Miss Bimm is not quite so destitute here.

Both acts wonderfully PL ok. Thanks

Sonia
WiltedScribe

Post by WiltedScribe »

Tomas Peter
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

SonOfTheExiles

Post by SonOfTheExiles »

mightyfelix wrote: January 24th, 2019, 6:32 pm Prepare to stand in awe of the wisdom of Effie Bimm:
In light of his increased responsibilities, the Premier directed that a secretary should be assigned to Mr Dix.

It would seem that Miss Bimm is his assignation. :wink:

Chris
Currently on sabbatical from Librivox
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

WiltedScribe wrote: January 25th, 2019, 5:42 pmHere is the dastardly journalist Charles Lukin. :P
ooooh you're such a slimy, sleazy reporter, Tomas :lol: brilliant performance and I think you nailed an Australian accent quite well. Have to ask Chris for confirmation. To me it sounded great. This dialogue between Lukin and the Premier will be an absolute highlight of the first act, I can feel that already. Excellent choice of role :thumbs:

And PL ok. Thanks for this performance.

Sonia
SonOfTheExiles

Post by SonOfTheExiles »

Kitty wrote: January 26th, 2019, 4:59 am brilliant performance and I think you nailed an Australian accent quite well. Have to ask Chris for confirmation. To me it sounded great. This dialogue between Lukin and the Premier will be an absolute highlight of the first act, I can feel that already. Excellent choice of role :thumbs:
Sonia
Actually, Tomas has put me in mind of a real-life Australian journo. :shock:

I shall say no more. :wink:

Chris
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

SonOfTheExiles wrote: January 26th, 2019, 5:48 am Actually, Tomas has put me in mind of a real-life Australian journo. :shock:
may have been Tomas in a previous life :shock:

Sonia
SonOfTheExiles

Post by SonOfTheExiles »

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

wonderful acting, again, Chris. One can really hear that this was a role you cared much for. And you play jealousy quite convincingly. Awww, but you really should trust your dear wife Helen a little bit more ;) She knows what's good for you (and how to bring it about).

Totally PL ok. :clap: This is all shaping up pretty well.

Thanks

Sonia
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Stage directions ready for PL, in the MW.

Thanks, Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ToddHW wrote: January 27th, 2019, 4:28 pmStage directions ready for PL, in the MW.
:shock: woah, this first act was lengthy. Almost Pinero material. Speaking of which, I was fully expecting you to read "by Arthur Wing Pinero" each time you said the author credit :lol: "Adams" startled me at each occasion.

excellent job, Todd. The narrator has quite some funny lines here as well, so listening to it all was a pleasure.

Act 3 already PL ok.

Some small notes for Acts 1 and 2, probably optional though:

for Act 1:

> at 0:27: “Herbert Dix” – you say “Robert” but no need to change, I'm sure the correct voice credit will come in, so it won't be needed. Luckily you said the name correctly for the rest of the play. No repetition of the Glynda disaster :?

> at 0:44: “Ernest Bristed....” I think he can be cut out, since he didn’t have a speaking role

> at 17:23: (p. 109): “the inevitable chamois, powder, lipsalve, etc” – you forgot the powder but I think this is highly optional. Anyway, you disclosed already enough about a woman’s private life in there ;) just mentioning it because I noticed it

for Act 2:

> at 0:20: in Acts 1 and 3 you always start with “Act 1 (or 3), Scene:”. Here you leave it out. May be optional, but you may want to be consistent

thanks !

Sonia
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

I decided the Act 1 items don't matter - the cast list stuff will get fixed in the final, who cares about powder...?

Act 2 change made for Spot PL.

Thanks, Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ToddHW wrote: January 28th, 2019, 7:10 amI decided the Act 1 items don't matter - the cast list stuff will get fixed in the final, who cares about powder...?
not me...I never wear any make-up at all.

Yes I thought the same about the cast list. We'll iron that out in the final stage.

Act 2 now also PL ok

thank you

Sonia
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Here's the Premier's sister! She's a bit of a rattle - tell me if it goes too fast for comprehension. A friend of my grandmother's always sounded like this...

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/mrsprettyandthepremier_marthacallender_1.mp3 (3:37)
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you.

Todd