[COMPLETE] Hurlbut's Life of Christ For Young and Old by Hurlbut - dl

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
htamayo

Post by htamayo »

pattymarie wrote: January 23rd, 2019, 8:51 am Greg, I've put you in the MW for sections 55 and 59.

htamayo, you can have section 70. I think you're new to this project, but I should have you in the MW in a few minutes.

Edit: You're in, htamayo
All right great, thank for your reply, so time to start working on it
pattymarie

Post by pattymarie »

Section 90 is PL OK. Thank you, Sophia.
Pattymarie
shortart

Post by shortart »

shortart wrote: January 21st, 2019, 8:24 am I would like to do chapter 34
I requested this a while ago - perhaps I got overlooked?

Thanks
Chris Scudder
pattymarie

Post by pattymarie »

shortart wrote: January 25th, 2019, 6:49 am
shortart wrote: January 21st, 2019, 8:24 am I would like to do chapter 34
I requested this a while ago - perhaps I got overlooked?

Thanks
Go ahead with it, Chris. I'll put you into the MW for it. Thank you for your patience. :)
Pattymarie
elandem

Post by elandem »

Here's Chapter 1. First file uploaded had all the wrong information :oops: .
Here's the second file.
https://librivox.org/uploads/aradlaw/lifeofchrist_001_hurlbut_128kb.mp3

Still having some difficulty with noise reduction in Audacity.
ward1011

Post by ward1011 »

Hello, Ward1011, here and I would like to participate in the project and start by reading chapter 11. Please advise. :wink:
My name would be Wardell Gates for the catalog, since I don't currently have a website or blog. :oops:
Last edited by ward1011 on February 1st, 2019, 10:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

elandem wrote: January 30th, 2019, 3:16 pm Here's Chapter 1. First file uploaded had all the wrong information :oops: .
Here's the second file.

Wonderful!
I've put this in the MW Ready for PL.
I will let you know there are two technical issues that need to be fixed:
1) The volume is too high, measuring 95.9 dB. Our target is 89 dB with a range of 86-92 dB
In Audacity, use the Amplification feature under the Effect menu. Set it for a -7 and it will be close.
2). We require 5 sec of silence at the end of the recording, and you have less than 1 sec, and there is a click at the end. (a few in the opening silence, but not loud)
I don't think this needs any further noise reduction.
Oh, you also should include the file length when you post the link.

Our DPL will be along to give you the full proof.
~ Larry
pattymarie

Post by pattymarie »

The reading of section 1 is PL OK, but it needs three more seconds of silence at the end. That's achieved simply with the "generate" menu.
Pattymarie
elandem

Post by elandem »

silverquill wrote: January 31st, 2019, 12:02 am
elandem wrote: January 30th, 2019, 3:16 pm Here's Chapter 1. First file uploaded had all the wrong information :oops: .
Here's the second file.

Wonderful!
I've put this in the MW Ready for PL.
I will let you know there are two technical issues that need to be fixed:
1) The volume is too high, measuring 95.9 dB. Our target is 89 dB with a range of 86-92 dB
In Audacity, use the Amplification feature under the Effect menu. Set it for a -7 and it will be close.
2). We require 5 sec of silence at the end of the recording, and you have less than 1 sec, and there is a click at the end. (a few in the opening silence, but not loud)
I don't think this needs any further noise reduction.
Oh, you also should include the file length when you post the link.

Our DPL will be along to give you the full proof.
Ok, thanks! I totally forgot about the 5 sec silence at the end.
I really thought that I had fixed the volume issue but looks like I'm not quite there yet...
elandem

Post by elandem »

pattymarie wrote: January 31st, 2019, 3:39 pm The reading of section 1 is PL OK, but it needs three more seconds of silence at the end. That's achieved simply with the "generate" menu.
Ok, I saw this in the instructions so many times yet still somehow forgot adding it in. I will resubmit the file with the addition.
Thanks,
--Lynn M
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

elandem wrote: January 31st, 2019, 4:23 pm
pattymarie wrote: January 31st, 2019, 3:39 pm The reading of section 1 is PL OK, but it needs three more seconds of silence at the end. That's achieved simply with the "generate" menu.
Ok, I saw this in the instructions so many times yet still somehow forgot adding it in. I will resubmit the file with the addition.
Thanks,
--Lynn M
The best way to do the silence at the end is just to let the recording go for a little more than five seconds and then trim it when you edit. That way it matches the ambient background and isn't as jarring as the complete silence you get when you use the generate silence feature. I used to do that, until this little detail was mentioned to me. It's easier, too, I think.
~ Larry
Mel828

Post by Mel828 »

Hi, may I have section 37 please?

Thanks!

Melody
Melody
elandem

Post by elandem »

silverquill wrote: February 1st, 2019, 8:29 am
elandem wrote: January 31st, 2019, 4:23 pm
Thanks,
--Lynn M
The best way to do the silence at the end is just to let the recording go for a little more than five seconds and then trim it when you edit. That way it matches the ambient background and isn't as jarring as the complete silence you get when you use the generate silence feature. I used to do that, until this little detail was mentioned to me. It's easier, too, I think.
Here is the resubmission. I have already used "generate" but will probably just extend the recording further from now on as you suggest.
Not sure of which one of these to insert here, but recording length is 00h09m28s, file size is 8,870kb.
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Thanks, Lynn.
This is Ready for Spot PL.
~ Larry
elandem

Post by elandem »

silverquill wrote: February 1st, 2019, 8:03 pm Thanks, Lynn.
This is Ready for Spot PL.
:) Thanks.