COMPLETE[PLAY]The Funeral: or Grief A-La-Mode by Richard Steele - thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Treefairy

Post by Treefairy »

I'll take Tatter if that's okay if not then Raggs. Thanks
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Treefairy wrote: January 21st, 2019, 12:52 pm I'll take Tatter if that's okay if not then Raggs. Thanks
well, since Tatter was the first you named, you'll get Tatter :) Thanks for helping out here !

Sonia
MrRogers

Post by MrRogers »

I will read Ragg please. I have submitted my one min test.
MrRogers

Post by MrRogers »

ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you. And we are now full. Guess I better get some more plays ready - though some of the plays in my signature line still have parts available.

Thanks, Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

hello and welcome to the drama forum, MrRogers :) thank you for pitching in here and helping us finishing the short bits. Although the role was very short, I see some dramatic potential, which I hope I will hear more about in other plays :9: Everything perfectly PL ok, no lines missing, voice credit ok.

Congrats on your first official LV submission. Hopefully many more to come. :)

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ToddHW wrote: January 21st, 2019, 10:06 amWHAT a RIOT! This play is great, and your readings - and I include the stage directions including preface when I say this - are fabulous. I am so glad to have found this playwright, and to know he has a bunch more plays we can do too.

(Act 1 is ready for final PL except for some missing voice credits.)
it is a riot indeed :clap: with these very old plays I am often a bit confused when I read them the first time, a lot of strange sentences and wordings, not used nowadays. But in the end, when I hear the final assembled act, it all becomes so much clearer :9: thanks to the expressiveness of our great group.

Act 1 is a really good start. I only have a few notes, mainly the voice credits and a couple of small things. I'll Spot PL once the two remaining credits roll in.

> at 2:10-2:12: "...and unreserved. In this the generosity" – this pause feels a bit too long here

> at 8:40: missing title “Prologue, spoken by Mr Wilks” – was this left out on purpose ? I think having “Prologue” at least might be a good idea, since we also say “Act 1” etc :hmm: "spoken by" is probably optional

> at 12:24: missing voice credit for Second Soldier

> at 12:32: missing voice credits for Ragg & Tatter - Ragg is ready to be inserted

> at 12:48: missing voice credit for Pate

Two small roles left...so close :9:

Thanks Todd, great assembling job again.

Sonia
catharmaiden

Post by catharmaiden »

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

catharmaiden wrote: January 22nd, 2019, 11:35 am Here are Pate and Second Soldier:
thank you for the quick turn-around Sandra. And both are beautifully done. The soldier is the typical bit of rough and the singer delivers with appropriate pathos. :thumbs:

Both parts perfectly PL ok.

Todd: that means: Act 5 is ready to be finalized.

Now only waiting for Tatter, yay. So close.

Sonia
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Kitty wrote: January 22nd, 2019, 12:01 pm
catharmaiden wrote: January 22nd, 2019, 11:35 am Here are Pate and Second Soldier:
thank you for the quick turn-around Sandra. And both are beautifully done. The soldier is the typical bit of rough and the singer delivers with appropriate pathos. :thumbs:

Both parts perfectly PL ok.

Todd: that means: Act 5 is ready to be finalized.

Now only waiting for Tatter, yay. So close.

Sonia
Act 5 ready for final PL.

Thanks, Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

oh I just saw that Act 2 is ready to PL....last thing I did for tonight. Act 2 is great. I especially love the bantering scene with Campley and Harriot :lol: Tomas is so over-the-top camp here. :thumbs: Brilliant. But all the others were great as well, another highlight being Devorah's outrage in the final scene. Lots of highlights in this Act actually.

Just a few notes...

> at 17:46: "and I lost my obliging pains for your service" - I hear a bit of a jump at the word "pains"

> at 18:22: "you would not desire to return to life thus" - also here: at "life thus" there is a jump in the recording, which I don't think was in Ava's original file. Could it be that the glitch happened when you pasted it over ?

> at 37:26: missing line: Ladies. Ay, ay. [Exeunt." - can it be that Devorah, Foon and me all missed this line :oops: or did you just forget to paste it in ? It's probably optional and not worth re-recording, but maybe check if they had it in the original file.

Apart from those, everything excellently edited.

Enough for tonight, Act 5 will have to wait till tomorrow.

Good night

Sonia
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Kitty wrote: January 22nd, 2019, 1:48 pm oh I just saw that Act 2 is ready to PL....last thing I did for tonight. Act 2 is great. I especially love the bantering scene with Campley and Harriot :lol: Tomas is so over-the-top camp here. :thumbs: Brilliant. But all the others were great as well, another highlight being Devorah's outrage in the final scene. Lots of highlights in this Act actually.

Just a few notes...

> at 17:46: "and I lost my obliging pains for your service" - I hear a bit of a jump at the word "pains"

> at 18:22: "you would not desire to return to life thus" - also here: at "life thus" there is a jump in the recording, which I don't think was in Ava's original file. Could it be that the glitch happened when you pasted it over ?

> at 37:26: missing line: Ladies. Ay, ay. [Exeunt." - can it be that Devorah, Foon and me all missed this line :oops: or did you just forget to paste it in ? It's probably optional and not worth re-recording, but maybe check if they had it in the original file.

Apart from those, everything excellently edited.

Enough for tonight, Act 5 will have to wait till tomorrow.

Good night

Sonia
I did the fixes at 17:46 and 18:22. I think I was removing 'plosives and didn't do that cleanly enough

I could not do the fix at 37:26. All missed the line, but I think it is unimportant.

Uploaded for spot check.

Thanks, Todd
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

I hardly remember my outrage in this. This'll be fun for me to listen to, because I didn't read as much of it as I usually do, so I don't know the story well.
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

I am really enjoying it as I hear it all put together. It'll be ready soon....

(In the meantime, you might enjoy reading the article at the beginning of the Gutenberg script.)

Thanks, Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ToddHW wrote: January 22nd, 2019, 2:06 pmI did the fixes at 17:46 and 18:22. I think I was removing 'plosives and didn't do that cleanly enough
yes I think it's better this way.
I could not do the fix at 37:26. All missed the line, but I think it is unimportant.
how embarrassing :oops: probably happened because they were called "ladies" and not "Harriot/Sharlott".

Well, Act 2 is PL ok now :)

on to Act 5...

Sonia