COMPLETE Human Nature and Conduct - Part 2: The Place of Impulse in Conduct, by John Dewey - rap

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
msfry

Post by msfry »

Once this is settled, you will need to re-record your intros, and upload your files again. Lemme know when that is done. We are still in good time because a DPL hasn't shown up yet.
williamjones

Post by williamjones »

All the Intros and Outros for this project are found below.

When the noise around me stops, I'll record them all, patch them into the current files and reload section 1, 2 and 3

INTROS AND OUTROS
please give me a heads-up! if there are problems.

[1]
Human Nature and Conduct, by John Dewey. Part 2 (of 4): The Place of Impulse In Conduct.
Section 1 Impulses and Change of Habits

This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information, or to volunteer, please visit: librivox DOT org"

Section 1 Impulses and Change of Habits

Outro:
End of Section 1

[2]
Human Nature and Conduct, by John Dewey. Part 2 (of 4): The Place of Impulse In Conduct.
Section 2 Plasticity of Impulse
This LibriVox recording is in the Public Domain.

Outro:
End of Section 2

[3]
Section 3 Changing Human Nature

Outro:
End of Section 3

[4]
Section 4 Impulse and Conflict of Habits

Outro:
End of Section 4

[5]
Section 5 Classification of Instincts

Outro:
End of Section 5

[6]
Section 6 No Separate Instincts

Outro:
End of Section 6

[7]
Section 7 Impulse and Thought

Outro:
End of Section 7
End of Human Nature and Conduct, Part 2: The Place of Impulse In Conduct, by John Dewey
-- Bill Jones

When you think that you have exhausted all possibilities, remember this: you haven't.
--- Thomas Edison
msfry

Post by msfry »

Did you mean to omit "Recorded by William Jones"? You did include your name on Parts 1 and 3 as I recall.
williamjones

Post by williamjones »

msfry wrote: January 16th, 2019, 1:27 pm Did you mean to omit "Recorded by William Jones"? You did include your name on Parts 1 and 3 as I recall.
Yes, I will include the "Recorded by..." fragment.
-- Bill Jones

When you think that you have exhausted all possibilities, remember this: you haven't.
--- Thomas Edison
msfry

Post by msfry »

WOW! It's all recorded!!!!! :clap:
I've filled in the MW and now, we just wait for a DPL to come along and I'll get the cover ready to go.
msfry

Post by msfry »

Hi, Rapunzelina, it's been almost 3 weeks, and no DPL has shown up yet. Is this unusual? Is there a magic flag we can wave to attract one.
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

You can advertise for one, or have you already done that?
It is not unusual though at the moment, we are experiencing a lack of proof-listeners...
msfry

Post by msfry »

Rapunzelina wrote: January 29th, 2019, 11:22 am You can advertise for one, or have you already done that?
It is not unusual though at the moment, we are experiencing a lack of proof-listeners...
I have put the ~ in front of the title, which indicates "Proof Listener needed". Is that all that's needed?
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

Some BCs also post in the Listeners Wanted viewforum.php?f=21

Actually, I'd like to sign up as the DPL if you don't mind me doing that :)
msfry

Post by msfry »

Rapunzelina wrote: January 29th, 2019, 3:47 pm Some BCs also post in the Listeners Wanted viewforum.php?f=21

Mind? I would love that as I am sure would Bill also. He is anxious to get this one finished so as to start on Part 4!!!!! This is a thrill!
Let me remove the ~ from the title.
williamjones

Post by williamjones »

msfry wrote: January 29th, 2019, 7:07 pm
Rapunzelina wrote: January 29th, 2019, 3:47 pm Some BCs also post in the Listeners Wanted viewforum.php?f=21

Mind? I would love that as I am sure would Bill also. He is anxious to get this one finished so as to start on Part 4!!!!! This is a thrill!
Let me remove the ~ from the title.
Ditto what Michele said !!!!
-- Bill Jones

--- Thomas Edison
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

Thank you for the welcome!

Sections 1 and 2 are PL OK! I have also been following with the text.

Bill, your reading is outstanding; you have a great way of getting the meaning across and keeping the listener interested!
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

A couple of PL notes for Section 3:

At the beginning of the recording 00:20, the first sentences of the text are missing ("Incidentally we have touched upon a most far-reaching problem: The alterability of human nature.")

Around current 09:05, text is "Native human nature", recording has "Human nature", in case you feel it makes a difference and would like to change it.
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

One PL note for section 4:

Around 3:53 a phrase is missing, here in bold "[...] moral and religious revival. The evils point in reality to the necessity of a change in economic institutions, but meantime they offer serious obstacles to the change. At the same time [...]"