benderca wrote: January 14th, 2019, 3:21 am Emma Jane, Chapter 27:

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/rebecca_27_emmajane.mp3
Thank you!
fiddlesticks

Post by fiddlesticks »

~Tiffany
bhavya

Post by bhavya »

Chapter 28 and 27 of Emma Jane are PL OK, and quite nicely characterized.
There is one pl note for 25 though: at ~1:19, I hear " I might" instead of "it might"

Narrator- 9 is PL OK :thumbs:
Bhavya
HannahMary

Post by HannahMary »

~ Hannah
"May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in Him" - Romans 15:13
Blog: Come Be Still
IG: @storytime.with.hannahmary
Readers needed for:
A Rough Shaking by George MacDonald
fiddlesticks

Post by fiddlesticks »

Yay! Thank you!
~Tiffany
Twinkle88

Post by Twinkle88 »

bhavya wrote: January 15th, 2019, 12:23 am Chapter 28 and 27 of Emma Jane are PL OK, and quite nicely characterized.
There is one pl note for 25 though: at ~1:19, I hear " I might" instead of "it might"

Narrator- 9 is PL OK :thumbs:
Bhavya
Thank you!
Twinkle88

Post by Twinkle88 »

HannahMary wrote: January 15th, 2019, 4:11 pmChapters 6 and 15 are PL OK!
Thank you!
benderca

Post by benderca »

Hi Twinkle!

Just wanted to run some thoughts by you. I read a few lines that could be effectively put into character.

In Chapter 10, there is one partial line I read that could be Rebecca's:

Narrator: There was a silence that could be felt in the little kitchen; a silence only broken by the
ticking of the tall clock and the beating of Rebecca's heart, which, it seemed to her, almost
drowned the voice of the clock. The rain ceased, a sudden rosy light filled the room, and
through the window a rainbow arch could be seen spanning the heavens like a radiant bridge.
Bridges took one across difficult places, thought Rebecca, and uncle Jerry seemed to have built
one over her troubles and given her strength to walk.

"Bridges took one across difficult places" could conceivably be read by Rebecca, for more dramatic effect.

And in Chapter 12, there is one partial line that could be read by Miranda for more dramatic effect:

Narrator: Rebecca took her scolding (which she richly deserved) like a soldier. There was
considerable of it, and Miss Miranda remarked, among other things, that so absent-minded a
child was sure to grow up into a driveling idiot.

I've read these lines, so if you don't want to bother getting readers to read it, it's no problem. Just wanted to offer you the choice.
benderca

Post by benderca »

JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 »

Hi Benderca,
My mic broke so I will not be able to replicate the quality as in the original Rebecca chapters...but if Twinkle wants it, I would be willing to give that a go.
~ 𝚘𝚗 𝚑𝚒𝚊𝚝𝚞𝚜 ~
benderca

Post by benderca »

JayKitty76 wrote: January 18th, 2019, 2:40 pm Hi Benderca,
My mic broke so I will not be able to replicate the quality as in the original Rebecca chapters...but if Twinkle wants it, I would be willing to give that a go.
I've already read it, so I don't think that would be necessary. Thanks, though. I hope you get a new mic for future projects. You were so great in this one.
JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 »

Aw, thanks, Benderca! I'm sure you're an EXCELLENT Narrator :D
~ 𝚘𝚗 𝚑𝚒𝚊𝚝𝚞𝚜 ~
Twinkle88

Post by Twinkle88 »

benderca wrote: January 18th, 2019, 6:18 am Hi Twinkle!

Just wanted to run some thoughts by you. I read a few lines that could be effectively put into character.

In Chapter 10, there is one partial line I read that could be Rebecca's:

Narrator: There was a silence that could be felt in the little kitchen; a silence only broken by the
ticking of the tall clock and the beating of Rebecca's heart, which, it seemed to her, almost
drowned the voice of the clock. The rain ceased, a sudden rosy light filled the room, and
through the window a rainbow arch could be seen spanning the heavens like a radiant bridge.
Bridges took one across difficult places, thought Rebecca, and uncle Jerry seemed to have built
one over her troubles and given her strength to walk.

"Bridges took one across difficult places" could conceivably be read by Rebecca, for more dramatic effect.

And in Chapter 12, there is one partial line that could be read by Miranda for more dramatic effect:

Narrator: Rebecca took her scolding (which she richly deserved) like a soldier. There was
considerable of it, and Miss Miranda remarked, among other things, that so absent-minded a
child was sure to grow up into a driveling idiot.

I've read these lines, so if you don't want to bother getting readers to read it, it's no problem. Just wanted to offer you the choice.
Thanks for letting me know, TJ. Either way would be fine, but I'd rather just leave them scripted the way they are since they are not in direct quotes.
Twinkle88

Post by Twinkle88 »

benderca wrote: January 18th, 2019, 7:25 am Here's Narrator, Chapter 10:

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/rebecca_10_narrator.mp3
Thank you!