[COMPLETE] The Tempest by William Shakespeare - kit

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Hamlet

Post by Hamlet »

Just assign me any scene and I'll do it. :)

Brad
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Hamlet wrote: January 14th, 2019, 8:32 am Just assign me any scene and I'll do it. :)
ok how about you start at the end then, with Act 5 :) ok with you ?

thank you

Sonia
Hamlet

Post by Hamlet »

Sounds good to me.

Brad
WiltedScribe

Post by WiltedScribe »

Here is the correction for Caliban:

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/tempest_caliban_2_2.mp3

I stopped and read the line before I recorded and actually debated the pronunciation. My instinctive association of snakes with harm made me read it as "an injury" instead of the verb form of coiling/twisting. It reminded me of something I saw the other day, about how English can be deceptive to new learners because a lot of words are spelled the same but have different meanings and pronunciations (like "produce" as the process of manufacturing, or farmed products like milk and eggs). It can even trip up a native speaker from time to time. :P
Tomas Peter
WiltedScribe

Post by WiltedScribe »

1.1 is ready for PL. Sonia, let me know suggestions for improvement for both scenes so that I can have them fixed when I paste them together and finalize the act. :)
Tomas Peter
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Caliban is Spot PL ok and all scenes are ready to edit now
WiltedScribe wrote: January 14th, 2019, 10:47 pm1.1 is ready for PL. Sonia, let me know suggestions for improvement for both scenes so that I can have them fixed when I paste them together and finalize the act. :)
I had a better idea and I pasted both scenes together into the finished Act before PLing. Then I made some adjustments myself as I listened along and now you can Spot PL the finished act. I think this saves us some time :)

Here is where I made adjustments, please check the sentences around it so that I didn't cut anything out by mistake. I didn't touch any other places, not even to delete a pause or anything. So the rest should be fine.

> at 4:15: "would thou mightst lie drowning" – I noticed that I said “wouldst” but it was easy to cut the “st” sound out of it

> at 5:10: inserted Scene 2 here

> at 22:21: I do not, sir. – Thou lies – I clipped the pause between those two quotes because I felt it was a bit too long

> at 22:33: No sir – Thou hast – also here, pause is clipped

> at 30:44: I cut out “Burthen, dispersedly” because I think the song is best uninterrupted. Btw the burthen sounds really great and fitting to my tune :thumbs: I noticed you didn't merge your voice, except in the bow wow part :hmm:

> at 38:42: Thou hast done well, fine Ariel! [To Fer.] Follow me. - I re-inserted “To Ferdinand” here so we know who Prospero is speaking here to

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/tempest_1_shakespeare_128kb.mp3
Recording time: 39:21 min.

If you have any last minute adjustments to make or recommend, please note down the time and I'll spot check a last time.

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Tomas, here is 3.1. assembled:

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/tempest_3_1.mp3
Recording time: 6:55 min.

I also assigned 3.2. and 3.3. to myself, so I'll be in charge of the entire Act 3.

Sonia
WiltedScribe

Post by WiltedScribe »

Thanks, Sonia! I may just wait for the entire Act 3 file. I'll mark this one PL OK for now, since I trust you did not omit anything. :P
Tomas Peter
WiltedScribe

Post by WiltedScribe »

Actually, I spoke too soon LOL. I distinctly hear Craig call Ferdinand "Fernando" (like the ABBA song) at 6:32. We obviously need to correct that. :lol:
Tomas Peter
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

WiltedScribe wrote: January 15th, 2019, 2:36 pm Actually, I spoke too soon LOL. I distinctly hear Craig call Ferdinand "Fernando" (like the ABBA song) at 6:32. We obviously need to correct that. :lol:
:shock: I'm so sorry I missed that. Probably because the name is so familiar

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Scene 3.2. is ready for PL. The two drunkards and Caliban sound hilarious together :lol:

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/tempest_3_2.mp3
Recording time: 9:38 min.

Sonia
WiltedScribe

Post by WiltedScribe »

Thanks, Sonia. :) By the way, if Craig is busy right now, maybe you can find another instance where he says Ferdinand's name and make the substitution for 3.1? Maybe when you paste all of Act 3 together. Then I could just mark 3.1 PL OK.
Tomas Peter
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

WiltedScribe wrote: January 16th, 2019, 2:47 pm Thanks, Sonia. :) By the way, if Craig is busy right now, maybe you can find another instance where he says Ferdinand's name and make the substitution for 3.1? Maybe when you paste all of Act 3 together. Then I could just mark 3.1 PL OK.
ah yes, good idea, I'll keep my eyes and ears peeled for it. So was it only a stage direction ? Will try to finish Act 3 tomorrow

Sonia
WiltedScribe

Post by WiltedScribe »

Kitty wrote: January 16th, 2019, 2:49 pm ah yes, good idea, I'll keep my eyes and ears peeled for it. So was it only a stage direction ? Will try to finish Act 3 tomorrow
Yes, it was a stage direction. I know Craig says it a few times, so it's just a matter of choosing a suitable one. :P
Tomas Peter
WiltedScribe

Post by WiltedScribe »

Before I go to bed, I've cobbled together 2.2 for PL. I wanted to edit a Caliban/Stephano/Trinculo scene, and fortunately it sounds great! :D

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/tempest_2_2.mp3
Tomas Peter