COMPLETE[PLAY]The Gay Lord Quex by Arthur Wing Pinero - thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

ToddHW wrote: January 8th, 2019, 5:41 am Thanks. I will fix these, including rerecording the words at 30:09 - they do confuse. (How will I get the rotten audio quality I had before the new mic?)

Todd
Howsabout I just delete the words "this morning"? That way I don't have to deal with the audio quality matching, and the meaning is very clear to the listener.

Thanks, Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ToddHW wrote: January 8th, 2019, 6:53 amHowsabout I just delete the words "this morning"? That way I don't have to deal with the audio quality matching, and the meaning is very clear to the listener.
hm, yes a good alternative. "the first train" would probably be in the morning anyway. So you threw away your old microphone ?

But yes, it's perfectly fine like that.

Sonia
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

All changes made and uploaded. But you will wait until the voice credit is added in before listening...

You make such good comments and suggestions. Everyone here, and all of our listeners, appreciate your discerning ears and skill!

Thanks, Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ToddHW wrote: January 8th, 2019, 7:07 amYou make such good comments and suggestions. Everyone here, and all of our listeners, appreciate your discerning ears and skill!
:oops: thank you, Todd. I love this job, so I rather have to thank you for always letting me give you my two-cents worth :lol: Maybe I missed my calling and should have become stage or movie director :mrgreen:

Sonia
jonathanhartwell

Post by jonathanhartwell »

Hopefully this sounds good: https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/gaylordquex_frayne_2_128kb.mp3 I had a bit of an accident this week. Nothing too serious, but I did record with a slightly banged up jaw. The length of the file is 1:48. Hope that you enjoy!
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

jonathanhartwell wrote: January 13th, 2019, 12:14 pm Hopefully this sounds good: https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/gaylordquex_frayne_2_128kb.mp3 I had a bit of an accident this week. Nothing too serious, but I did record with a slightly banged up jaw. The length of the file is 1:48. Hope that you enjoy!
:shock: what happened !! I hope they managed to stitch you back up altogether. If it's any consolation, your performance doesn't sound "maimed" :lol: Frayne is his usual non-chalant self, finding every skirt around him alluring. Excellent job again and all PL ok. And thanks for the full voice credit, now we can finish up Acts 1 and 2 :9:

Looking forward to the final act. This is so close to finishing, yay.

Thanks

Sonia
jonathanhartwell

Thankfully nothing too serious, I just had an injury when I was playing hockey (maybe a dead giveaway that I'm a Canadian). The only stitching I needed was on a finger that I almost lost to a skate blade. :oops: I'm not the most athletically gifted as I am creatively. Thank goodness I didn't lose my finger so that I can still play guitar and piano (and click the record button)! At least my unhinged jaw helped me draw out Frayne's vowels, although "kissing my fingers" over Miss Eden hurt both my fat lip and fingertip! But I got to put that emotion into my anguish over the dreaded West Coast of Africa! Hee hee! :mrgreen: Will get on Act 4 right away, boss! :thumbs:
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Ouch!

Thanks, Todd
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Act 1 now ready.

Frayne parts cut into Act 2 (maybe bad term to use given recent injury); must listen through myself before I upload it.

Thanks, Todd
jonathanhartwell

Can't wait to hear how everyone fits together! That's OK about your cutting remark: you can't spell voice without "ice" :wink: Although I've taken to simply referring to my profession as VO and I will definitely leave out the ice part of it from now on!
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

jonathanhartwell wrote: January 13th, 2019, 2:04 pm Can't wait to hear how everyone fits together! That's OK about your cutting remark: you can't spell voice without "ice" :wink: Although I've taken to simply referring to my profession as VO and I will definitely leave out the ice part of it from now on!
I am so glad you have found us here at Librivox. You fit right in here - crazy as the rest of us!

Thanks, Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ToddHW wrote: January 13th, 2019, 1:46 pm Act 1 now ready.
Act 1 Spot PL ok. :thumbs: and I must say some of these cuts make the dialogue awesome now. It was a good choice.

I'm a bit flooded with PL job right now, so I'll leave Act 2 for a bit later and try to get the roles in other plays done first.

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

jonathanhartwell wrote: January 13th, 2019, 1:19 pm Thankfully nothing too serious, I just had an injury when I was playing hockey (maybe a dead giveaway that I'm a Canadian). The only stitching I needed was on a finger that I almost lost to a skate blade. :oops:
and you call this "nothing too serious" ? Are you like this green knight in Monty Python's Holy Grail ?
- "'tis but a scratch"
- "But your arm's off !"
- "I've had worse"

Sonia
jonathanhartwell

Glad I found a home here. As for the knight, I think that I am more like the bunny: don't underestimate me. I may be cute, but I'm deadly. :mrgreen: Wait, isn't their trojan horse a rabbit too? Ok, perhaps that's me. Completely ineffectual, but great on a catapult.

:clap: Here be the final installment of Sir Chichester Frayne: https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/gaylordquex_frayne_4_128kb.mp3 (5:24)

I included the part where Frayne sniffs the perfume bottle. I don't know if it was really necessary. Kind of loses something without the visuals. After a night of bacchanalian drinking, seems more like he's noticed that he's a little ripe! :P

Please let me know if there's anything that needs amending! I just want to say: great first project to work on. Looking forward to many more! :D
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Todd: I finished listening to Act 2, it's the last thing I wanted to do tonight. :D Wonderful setting and wonderful dialogue combinations. The flirting scene with Sophy and Quex is absolute genius and then the duchess making Quex totally cringe only a moment later is a great contrasting scene.

In this scene nearly all of the actors are present and I marvel at how well they were all cast :thumbs:

Here a few suggestions for the cutting floor:

> at 23:40: SOPHY. [Faintly.] Yes.
> at 25:44: POLLITT. [Loftily.] My engagement-book is always full
> at 32:49: DUCHESS. [Intensely, in a low voice.] Harry, do you remember a particular evening at Stockholm?
> at 32:57: QUEX. [Hazily.] Stockholm?
> at 34:05: [Impressively.] It is in this very house.
> at 40:11: FRAYNE. [Alertly.] Where?
> at 41:18: MURIEL. [Calmly.] Yes?
> at 43:56: DUCHESS. [Sweetly.] You are delighted,
> at 44:24: DUCHESS. [Blandly.] Approve?
> at 47:03: SOPHY. [Modestly.] Oh, I never feel like Miss Fullgarney out of my business
> at 47:17: DUCHESS. [Hesitatingly.] Oh—oh, by all means

only one act left :9:

Sonia