[COMPLETE] The Works Of Robert G. Ingersoll, Vol 10 - LEGAL -pc

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
msfry

Post by msfry »

Feel free to record 26 and 27, though it may be a few days before I get to PL your sections.
williamjones

Post by williamjones »

msfry wrote: January 6th, 2019, 10:27 pm Feel free to record 26 and 27, though it may be a few days before I get to PL your sections.
So let it be written, so let it be done.
-- Bill Jones

When you think that you have exhausted all possibilities, remember this: you haven't.
--- Thomas Edison
msfry

Post by msfry »

williamjones

Post by williamjones »

-- Bill Jones

When you think that you have exhausted all possibilities, remember this: you haven't.
--- Thomas Edison
williamjones

Post by williamjones »

!! The most recent version of Section 36 now has 6:30 of silence at its beginning, instead of less than 00:01, but is otherwise PL OK
-- Bill Jones

--- Thomas Edison
msfry

Post by msfry »

As they say, the devil is in the details! :twisted:
36 reuploaded with 6 seconds lopped off the front end.
williamjones

Post by williamjones »

-- Bill Jones

--- Thomas Edison
msfry

Post by msfry »

PL Notes 24 and 25

24 is PL OK, great oration at the end on what government justice is supposed to be!

25 was an exciting section throughout, nailing Rerdell into his "coffin". I was captivated! Only one note for 25:

28:10 missing phrase: "There was not one of those bonds that had an oath of the surety"
williamjones

Post by williamjones »

-- Bill Jones

--- Thomas Edison
msfry

Post by msfry »

25 is PL OK. Only one question. You added in a missing phrase, but the time decreased by 9 seconds, from 31:14 to 31:05. Not sure what's up with that.
williamjones

Post by williamjones »

msfry wrote: January 12th, 2019, 5:54 pm 25 is PL OK. Only one question. You added in a missing phrase, but the time decreased by 9 seconds, from 31:14 to 31:05. Not sure what's up with that.
You're not the only one! The "missing" phrase was one I tried to correct several times in Audacity, but every time after re-recording the phrase and going back to check it, that darned phrase just disappeared! Finally, it seemed to "stick". Then, Lo and Behold! in your proofing it disappeared again. Spooky.
I re-inserted that phrase this afternoon, and then, after letting it sit for a couple of hours, I spot-checked checked it again and it was still there. So, I uploaded the file again.
-- Bill Jones

--- Thomas Edison
msfry

Post by msfry »

This does not account for the subtracted time, and your computer gobbling up stretches of data again and again doesn't make sense. If you want assurances that your file is accurate now, I recommend you proof listen it again. Otherwise, I will just check to see that the Intro and Outro are accurate, then mark it PL OK.
williamjones

Post by williamjones »

msfry wrote: January 12th, 2019, 5:54 pm 25 is PL OK. Only one question. You added in a missing phrase, but the time decreased by 9 seconds, from 31:14 to 31:05. Not sure what's up with that.
It's a mystery. :hmm: I have just finished re-checking the file and no segments are missing.
My best guess is that in the first, longer submission, there was excess trailing silence at the end of the file which I then chopped off.
-- Bill Jones

--- Thomas Edison
msfry

Post by msfry »

I would have reported excessive trailing space, so that's not it. But if you've listened again and are satisfied nothing is missing, we'll move along to your next assignment. :thumbs: Remember what you promised? Hint: 26 27
williamjones

Post by williamjones »

msfry wrote: January 13th, 2019, 12:20 pm I would have reported excessive trailing space, so that's not it. But if you've listened again and are satisfied nothing is missing, we'll move along to your next assignment. :thumbs: Remember what you promised? Hint: 26 27
Haven't forgotten.
Been dealing with an irritating medical issue and a house full of guests.
-- Bill Jones

--- Thomas Edison