COMPLETE[PLAY]Mrs. Pretty and The Premier by Arthur Adams - thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
PeterMusgrove

Post by PeterMusgrove »

Thanks Chris - I think this play is gonna be a lot of fun!

Pete
"Some people never go crazy. What truly horrible lives they must lead."
~ Charles Bukowski
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Todd, here is Mrs Pretty's first appearance. And like Julius Caesar, she came, saw and conquered. :mrgreen: (only the Premier doesn't notice immediately :roll: )

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/mrsprettyandthepremier_pretty_1_128kb.mp3
Recording time: 10:25 min

Hope all is ok

Sonia
I will be on vacation from Wednesday 27 March till Sunday 14 April
and unable to PL during that time. Thank you for your patience.
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

I look forward to hearing this!

Thanks, Todd
catharmaiden

Post by catharmaiden »

hi. I would like to claim Mrs Cusack
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

catharmaiden wrote: January 9th, 2019, 5:07 pm hi. I would like to claim Mrs Cusack
Great. I can't update the MW until tomorrow.

Thanks, Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

I updated the MW :) Thanks Sandra :9: looking forward to our dialogue together

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Phewww, finally, here is the second act for Mrs Pretty. The trouble I've had with this recording... :? I recorded it all yesterday evening, only to notice today in the editing phase that there was an annoying thump all throughout. And it was a whopping 29 minutes :help: I had to re-record nearly have of the quotes once again. Spent the entire day on it now. But it's in the box now. Todd, if I've missed a thump, please let me know.

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/mrsprettyandthepremier_pretty_2_128kb.mp3
Recording time: 29:03 min.

now I need a break

Sonia
benderca

Post by benderca »

May I claim Patrick O'Reilly, A Constituent, please?
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

benderca wrote: January 12th, 2019, 5:35 pm May I claim Patrick O'Reilly, A Constituent, please?
Thank you.

Todd
MajorToast

Post by MajorToast »

I will attempt Vernon Harrington. It will definitely take a little longer... to read the story then record the lines, patience with the young grasshopper will be appreciated.
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Kitty wrote: January 12th, 2019, 1:34 pm Phewww, finally, here is the second act for Mrs Pretty. The trouble I've had with this recording... :? I recorded it all yesterday evening, only to notice today in the editing phase that there was an annoying thump all throughout. And it was a whopping 29 minutes :help: I had to re-record nearly have of the quotes once again. Spent the entire day on it now. But it's in the box now. Todd, if I've missed a thump, please let me know.

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/mrsprettyandthepremier_pretty_2_128kb.mp3
Recording time: 29:03 min.

now I need a break

Sonia
Wow. What an emotional roller-coaster! From schemer to victim to schemer again and then repeat all over again. You are so obviously in charge of every scene here. Wonderfully played! I look forward to Act 3! PL OK - and I did not hear any audio quality problems so you must have fixed everything.

Thanks, Todd
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

MajorToast wrote: January 12th, 2019, 6:22 pm I will attempt Vernon Harrington. It will definitely take a little longer... to read the story then record the lines, patience with the young grasshopper will be appreciated.
Thank you.

But let me warn you - Mrs Pretty is going to - well, maybe I'll let it be a surprise to you just as it was to me when I PL'd her lines this evening....

Thanks, Todd
MajorToast

Post by MajorToast »

Dammit I knew I should have read the whole thing first. ( reluctantly reads on ) If it's ok, I want to use my REAL name in the credits. Vernon Harrington read by Ken Harrington.
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Yes, real name is fine in voice credits. In fact Librivox forum name and written catalog name do not have to be the same for anybody. I can change your printed catalog name to be as you desire - note that it will change (the same way) in every document we catalog.

Thanks, Todd
MajorToast

Post by MajorToast »

ToddHW wrote: January 12th, 2019, 8:16 pm Yes, real name is fine in voice credits. In fact Librivox forum name and written catalog name do not have to be the same for anybody. I can change your printed catalog name to be as you desire - note that it will change (the same way) in every document we catalog.

Thanks, Todd
Thanks Todd, I prefer to stay MajorToast for both but for this one I will use my real name. ( only because of the coincidence)