COMPLETE[PLAY]George Dandin by Moliere - thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

and Alan, another wonderful bumbling servant :9: you're excelling in these roles. When you mentioned being "cunning" in the final speech I couldn't help but think of Blackadder's Baldrick :lol: I do suspect that Lubin isn't as naive as he pretends to be though...

great start in your role, looking forward to the rest. PL ok.

Thanks

Sonia
I will be on vacation from Wednesday 27 March till Sunday 14 April
and unable to PL during that time. Thank you for your patience.
MajorToast

Post by MajorToast »

MajorToast

Post by MajorToast »

Kitty wrote: January 12th, 2019, 6:32 am
excellent job again, MT :clap: You created a strong character here, even though he is the dupe throughout. I loved the scene where he is whispering with Colin and when he nearly bursts with rage wanting to thrash him. Wow that was a good outburst :thumbs:

I did find a few errors which change the meaning though, so I'll mention them here for correction:

Act 2:

> at 1:50: (p. 251) I belong at least to a race on which there is no stain - you say "strain"

Act 3:

> at 3:08: (p. 265) that is how they treat you - you say "trust"

> at 3:27: (p. 265) caught you at it this time, Mistress Dandin, and you make little escapades - you can cut out the long break here, there's not stage directions cut in here

> at 5:14: (p. 266) - to invent some way to palliate your escapade - I hear "pallitate"

> at 10:11: (p. 273) - Madam, I beg of you to pardon me - you forgot to say "Madam". Now Monsieur de S. would never let you get away with that, no no :evil:

Thanks !

Sonia
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/georgedandin_george_03_128kb.mp3
Here you go and thank you again.
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

MajorToast wrote: January 12th, 2019, 8:18 am https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/georgedandin_george_02_128kb.mp3

This is corrected. Thank you.
thank you, these are excellent patches :thumbs: All of Dandin now PL ok. Great job. Hoping to hear you in another play soon :9:

Sonia
alanmapstone

Post by alanmapstone »

Lubin act 2

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/georgedandin_lubin_2.mp3

Moliere servants are usually fun to do as they appear to be stupid but are often shrewder than they seem. Although in the case of Lubin I think he may just be stupid.
Last edited by alanmapstone on January 15th, 2019, 2:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Alan
the sixth age shifts into the slippered pantaloon with spectacles on nose
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you.

Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

alanmapstone wrote: January 14th, 2019, 9:03 am Moliere servants are usually fun to do as they appear to be stupid but are often shrewder than they seem. Although in the case of Lubin I think may just be stupid.
:lol: actually I think you're right. By the end of Act 2 I also came to that conclusion. Oh and he started to go all lecherous on poor Claudine. I can already imagine Leanne slapping your hand down. :mrgreen: This will be a funny scene

Good job again Alan, all PL ok. Thanks

Sonia
bhavya

Post by bhavya »

ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you.

Todd
bhavya

Post by bhavya »

ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you again.

Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

bhavya wrote: January 20th, 2019, 4:49 amAnd Angelique act 2:
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/georgedandin_2_angelique_128kb.mp3
excellent job, Bhavya, oh you sound such a hypocrite at the beginning of act 1. 8-) :thumbs: And in Act 2 you really show Dandin what his wife is really made of. Ah, Monsieur and Madame de Sotenville are proud of their little daughter. We brought you up nicely. :lol:

Both acts PL ok.

Just one note:

> could you please include the entire voice-credit for your role: "Angelique, George Dandin's wife, read by Bhavya". You can insert it in the third act, no need to reupload an old one.

I did hear a bit of street traffic in your files, maybe it would be a good idea to close the windows while recording ;) (or is it too hot then ? :? )

Thanks

Sonia
bhavya

Post by bhavya »

Kitty wrote: January 20th, 2019, 6:26 am
bhavya wrote: January 20th, 2019, 4:49 amAnd Angelique act 2:
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/georgedandin_2_angelique_128kb.mp3
excellent job, Bhavya, oh you sound such a hypocrite at the beginning of act 1. 8-) :thumbs: And in Act 2 you really show Dandin what his wife is really made of. Ah, Monsieur and Madame de Sotenville are proud of their little daughter. We brought you up nicely. :lol:

Both acts PL ok.

Just one note:

> could you please include the entire voice-credit for your role: "Angelique, George Dandin's wife, read by Bhavya". You can insert it in the third act, no need to reupload an old one.

I did hear a bit of street traffic in your files, maybe it would be a good idea to close the windows while recording ;) (or is it too hot then ? :? )

Thanks

Sonia

Thank you!

I will include the credit in act 3 and upload soon. About the traffic noise...I live next to a very busy road and closing windows doesn't help, I usually just wait for the creaky buses to pass and continue recording.
bhavya

Post by bhavya »

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ah wonderful performance, Bhavya. This was my favourite scene for Angelique. She tries the begging for mercy thing first, but then she shows her real anger and distate for her husband. Very forcefully acted. :thumbs: Loved it !

I have a few corrections for this act though:

> at 2:20: (p. 267) “and that you have reason to complain” – you say “you have no reason”, which is wrong in this case

> at 4:56-5:00 (p. 268) “and with this knife...” you can cut this version out here, as it’s repeated later once more

> at 5:58-5:59 (p. 269) “and who has not scrupled to take her own life” – I would cut the longer pause in between

> at 7:40-7:41: (p. 270) “most extravagant behaviour” – pause here also feels a bit long

> at 8:39: (p. 272) “and I beg of you” – you say “I beg you of you”, which sounds a bit strange

> at 9:09-9:12: (p. 273) “overlook such insults, but, whatever violence” – long pause

> at 9:21-9:24 (p. 273) “will be of no use; we shall have to recommence” – also long pause

thank you for this great act ! Really well done.

Sonia