[COMPLETE] The History Of Lady Barton by Elizabeth Griffith - dlo

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Lmnei

Post by Lmnei »

Hi Stav -

Here is Section 4 - it is ONLY Letter 9 as I am only recording Lady Barton. Letter 8 which I wrote you about earlier in this thread is not Lady Barton yet it is grouped with Letter 9 for Section 4. I think the 2 sections need to be separated so people can follow along properly.

https://librivox.org/uploads/dlolso21/historyofladybarton_04_griffith_128kb.mp3 - 15:10

Lynda
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

Thank you all. I am sorry, had no time to get to this. I will separate the sections and advertise for a dpl.
Love gothic novels? Try Children Of The Abbey. Like surprising mysteries? Try The Amathist Cross. Looking for an easy read? Try Harriet's Choice.
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Lmnei wrote: December 30th, 2018, 12:17 am Here is Section 4 - it is ONLY Letter 9 as I am only recording Lady Barton. Letter 8 which I wrote you about earlier in this thread is not Lady Barton yet it is grouped with Letter 9 for Section 4. I think the 2 sections need to be separated so people can follow along properly.
I'm sure this will mean that the section numbers will need to be changed. I am recording several of my sections now, and I'll save them using the section numbers as they currently stand. However, I will wait to upload until the MW is rearranged, to avoid overwriting anyone else.
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

My letters up through 22 are ready to be uploaded, but as I said, I prefer to wait until the sections are re-numbered before I do, so I don't overwrite anyone.

As a side note: I'm certainly not the first to notice that this text has some errors and typos in it. One type of error in particular I've run into a few times now, and I thought it might be helpful to some to mention it.

If you're familiar with the "long s" in certain old books, you'll know that it's often mistaken for an "f". I've found several instances of this s/f confusion:
  • "Assure my beloved sister of my servent and unceasing wishes for her speedy recovery." (should be fervent)
  • "yet he says he could not bear the fight of Mrs. Colville" (should be sight)
I thought I'd found one more, but can't at the moment locate it. Anyway, if you find something that seems to not quite fit or make sense that has an s or an f in it, try swapping it out for the other and see if that helps!

EDIT: Here it is, knew there was one more:
  • "I cannot help it, I will tell you all my sears; they may be, nay I hope they are, quite vain." (should be fears)
Last edited by mightyfelix on January 11th, 2019, 1:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

Ok, I would love for you to upload the letters. I will ask our mc what can be done about the renumbering of the sections. It may well be that it is impossible to renumber them, and that we would have to put 8 and 9 in the same sections and ask someone to eddet so that Deborah would say the beginning and Linda the end note. Two readers on one section is possible, I wanted to avoid it, but I think it would be for the best because Lucan and Hume are already recorded and so on.
Love gothic novels? Try Children Of The Abbey. Like surprising mysteries? Try The Amathist Cross. Looking for an easy read? Try Harriet's Choice.
dlolso21
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by dlolso21 »

Pleased explain exactly how you want the sections reorganized so that I don’t make things worse while trying to fix it.

David O
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

I think all we need is for section 4 to be split, so that there is one section for letter 8 and one for letter 9. Does that sound right, Stav?
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

Yes.
dlolso21
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by dlolso21 »

Ok, Letter 8 and Letter 9 each have their own section.
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Cool. I will submit my finished sections tomorrow. Will the other readers need to resubmit theirs with updated section numbers, David, or will you be able to renumber what's already been uploaded? Again, I'm a little worried about overwriting. I guess, since nothing's been PLed yet, we would eventually catch it all anyway.
dlolso21
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by dlolso21 »

mightyfelix wrote: January 12th, 2019, 1:55 am Cool. I will submit my finished sections tomorrow. Will the other readers need to resubmit theirs with updated section numbers, David, or will you be able to renumber what's already been uploaded? Again, I'm a little worried about overwriting. I guess, since nothing's been PLed yet, we would eventually catch it all anyway.
I might be able to renumber the submitted files, but it will take me a day or two.
ADKreader1122

Post by ADKreader1122 »

Dear Miss Stav,
This is a very interesting and large project! I have done some recording and PL work and would like to volunteer to be the DPL for these volumes of letters. What is your timetable for proof listening? I'm just curious because I wouldn't want to rush the process due to the large size and complexity. Please let me know your thoughts-and thank you.

Lora
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

dlolso21
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by dlolso21 »

I am starting to re-number the files in the upload folder, please do not start any new uploads. I will post here when I complete.