COMPLETE[PLAY]George Dandin by Moliere - thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

MajorToast wrote: January 11th, 2019, 9:41 amThank you so much, I look forward to being a victim of my wife's treachery. ( fiction resembles reality once again) lol
Molière himself played this role back in the old days ! The cuckolded husband seems to have been an eternal trauma for him :lol:

Sonia
I will be on vacation from Wednesday 27 March till Sunday 14 April
and unable to PL during that time. Thank you for your patience.
MajorToast

Post by MajorToast »

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/georgedandin_george_mt_128kb.mp3

11:04 in length

Act 1 then the house gets noisy.
Submitted for Madame's approval.
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

MajorToast wrote: January 11th, 2019, 11:45 am https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/georgedandin_george_mt_128kb.mp3

11:04 in length

Act 1 then the house gets noisy.
Submitted for Madame's approval.
:shock: already ?! ok, I try to PL later in the evening. Food now ! thanks

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

MajorToast wrote: January 11th, 2019, 11:45 am Submitted for Madame's approval.
Madame approves :thumbs: this performance is simply brilliant ! I especially loved the final apology, you literally gnashing your teeth and barely restraining your boiling rage. I can already picture this scene with Todd giving you instructions. :9: Wonderful.

You also managed to make the soliloquies very lively. All in all, an awesome performance. I'm very happy that you overcame your initial intimidation :lol:

speaking of which. Dandin isn't very much intimidated by his in-laws...at least not in the first act. :mrgreen: You give us quite some lip, young man. Mind your station.

PL ok in any case. There were a few small deviations from the text, but nothing changing the meaning really, so all is well.

Just one small note:

> at 9:28: you give two versions of "Thus if I had found him in bed...." is there one you prefer and you only forgot to cut the other or do you let Todd choose ?

oh and I nearly forgot: for the file-name, always include the Act number, not your initials. Otherwise the second act will overwrite your first act ;)
"georgedandin_george_1_128kb" not "georgedandin_george_mt_128kb". No need to reupload this act, unless you want to make the cut, but remember for next act.

Sonia
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Kitty wrote: January 8th, 2019, 11:31 am
ToddHW wrote: January 8th, 2019, 9:07 am Monsieur is in the MW, oh dearest and most perfect wife, for your kind PL.
do you think flattery will get you anywhere ? :|

Well....after having listened to your part, I must say: we're officially the In-Laws-From-Hell :shock: seriously, I pity poor George :lol: Monsieur is just as nasty as Madame. Those two really deserve each other. LOL

I especially loved the scene where he tells him how to apologize, ouch, this will be soooo humiliating. And your threatening "Ah"s are really conveying the right meaning. :thumbs:

Acts 2 and 3 are already PL ok.

I found a tiny difference in Act 1. In retrospect, maybe it's optional after all, but when I listened it struck me as strange:

> at 2:48: "no matter whom" - you say "no matter what". In this case he means that he keeps a tight hold over anybody, so "what" doesn't really make sense :hmm: but now on second thoughts you probably meant it more generally, so I understand where this "no matter what" comes from. Up to you if you want to change it

The rest is a perfect depiction of nastiness.

Sonia
Act 1 fixed.

Thank you, my dear.

M de S
MajorToast

Post by MajorToast »

Kitty wrote: January 11th, 2019, 2:37 pm
MajorToast wrote: January 11th, 2019, 11:45 am Submitted for Madame's approval.
Madame approves :thumbs: this performance is simply brilliant ! I especially loved the final apology, you literally gnashing your teeth and barely restraining your boiling rage. I can already picture this scene with Todd giving you instructions. :9: Wonderful.

You also managed to make the soliloquies very lively. All in all, an awesome performance. I'm very happy that you overcame your initial intimidation :lol:

speaking of which. Dandin isn't very much intimidated by his in-laws...at least not in the first act. :mrgreen: You give us quite some lip, young man. Mind your station.

PL ok in any case. There were a few small deviations from the text, but nothing changing the meaning really, so all is well.

Just one small note:

> at 9:28: you give two versions of "Thus if I had found him in bed...." is there one you prefer and you only forgot to cut the other or do you let Todd choose ?

oh and I nearly forgot: for the file-name, always include the Act number, not your initials. Otherwise the second act will overwrite your first act ;)
"georgedandin_george_1_128kb" not "georgedandin_george_mt_128kb". No need to reupload this act, unless you want to make the cut, but remember for next act.

Sonia
Thank you Sonia...and Todd...please use the second version of the line or I will edit it if you want.
MajorToast

Post by MajorToast »

I appreciate everyone's help, I am pretty excited and anxious to hear my exchanges with alanmapstone who... (by the way) was AMAZING as Scaramouche in Dr Faustus in a Farce. i enjoyed it and ( without flattery or offending anyone), he was secretly the star of that play.
MajorToast

Post by MajorToast »

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/georgedandin_george_02_128kb.mp3

8:14 in length act 2

I already noticed a " should" instead of a "shall" and I will correct it, and submit the corrected version.
alanmapstone

Post by alanmapstone »

MajorToast wrote: January 11th, 2019, 7:59 pm I appreciate everyone's help, I am pretty excited and anxious to hear my exchanges with alanmapstone who... (by the way) was AMAZING as Scaramouche in Dr Faustus in a Farce. i enjoyed it and ( without flattery or offending anyone), he was secretly the star of that play.
Thank you for the compliment. I only hope I can live up to your expectations!
Alan
the sixth age shifts into the slippered pantaloon with spectacles on nose
MajorToast

Post by MajorToast »

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/georgedandin_george_02_128kb.mp3

I corrected the "should" to " shall " in this file
8:14 in length
MajorToast

Post by MajorToast »

alanmapstone

Post by alanmapstone »

Alan
the sixth age shifts into the slippered pantaloon with spectacles on nose
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you both.

Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ToddHW wrote: January 11th, 2019, 3:17 pm Act 1 fixed.
Thank you, my dear.
M de S
well done, dear. I'm proud of you. PL ok now.

Mad de S
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

excellent job again, MT :clap: You created a strong character here, even though he is the dupe throughout. I loved the scene where he is whispering with Colin and when he nearly bursts with rage wanting to thrash him. Wow that was a good outburst :thumbs:

I did find a few errors which change the meaning though, so I'll mention them here for correction:

Act 2:

> at 1:50: (p. 251) I belong at least to a race on which there is no stain - you say "strain"

Act 3:

> at 3:08: (p. 265) that is how they treat you - you say "trust"

> at 3:27: (p. 265) caught you at it this time, Mistress Dandin, and you make little escapades - you can cut out the long break here, there's not stage directions cut in here

> at 5:14: (p. 266) - to invent some way to palliate your escapade - I hear "pallitate"

> at 10:11: (p. 273) - Madam, I beg of you to pardon me - you forgot to say "Madam". Now Monsieur de S. would never let you get away with that, no no :evil:

Thanks !

Sonia