[Complete] The Chinese Kitten by Edna Adelaide Brown - lt

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Lushnam

Post by Lushnam »

Thanks, Lynette, and Jennifer, too, for the summary. :) That's helpful. I posted my 1-minute test in the Listeners & Editors Wanted forum. So, now I just wait until people reply, work anything out that needs fixing, and then I can get started?
Lushnam

Post by Lushnam »

Okay, I've been approved! :D Now, hopefully I'll get a recording done today.
bobb

Post by bobb »

Could I read section 8 (Sunday Afternoon)?
I have one question: my voice gets tired easily, so after reading a little, could my daughter JayKitty76 help out by reading a bit of the same chapter, and so on? Would that be ok?
Thanks,
Bobb
~April
My projects:
Chinese Kitten
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

bobb wrote: January 10th, 2019, 5:39 pm Could I read section 8 (Sunday Afternoon)?
I have one question: my voice gets tired easily, so after reading a little, could my daughter JayKitty76 help out by reading a bit of the same chapter, and so on? Would that be ok?
Thanks,
Bobb
Hi Bobb
Thank you for asking.
I would really prefer not to have two readers in the same section. This chapter will be about 20 minutes long... which I understand is quite long for some readers. There is no requirement you read the whole section in one sitting. However, I have found that, if possible, it is best to pause rather than stop a recording.
If you do have to stop it, BE SURE TO SAVE!! You will also find when you come back, you will be recording in a new track. Just make sure the new recording starts after the old one finishes. When you edit, cut any space between the two tracks (e.g. track 1 finishes at 5:00, track 2 starts at 5:20, due to edits). When you convert to MP3, it will automatically combine into one file (I think it asks you if you want to, so say yes)
bobb

Post by bobb »

Ok, thank you!
JayKitty does the editing part for me, I just record :wink:
But yeah, I may record in shifts to help my voice- we'll see :)
~April
My projects:
Chinese Kitten
Tivia

Post by Tivia »

Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

Tivia wrote: January 10th, 2019, 9:14 pm Hey there,

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/chinesekitten_12_brown_128kb.mp3

File Duration - 13:28

Thanks
Thank you
Lushnam

Post by Lushnam »

I finished a draft of section 10, ready for prooflistening.

Here's the link:

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/chinesekitten_10_brown_128kb.mp3

File duration - 15:00

Thanks!
Lushnam

Post by Lushnam »

I just noticed that there's a Nabble forum website associated with my handle in the catalog. I don't have that site anymore (but my current website is on my profile for the LibriVox forums, if you want to replace the old one with it).
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

Lushnam wrote: January 11th, 2019, 12:15 am I finished a draft of section 10, ready for prooflistening.

Here's the link:

Thanks!
Thank you.
FYI, we do not submit drafts. It should be ready for publication at this point (ok, we know that isn’t always the case, but it should be our best effort)
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

Lushnam wrote: January 11th, 2019, 12:30 am I just noticed that there's a Nabble forum website associated with my handle in the catalog. I don't have that site anymore (but my current website is on my profile for the LibriVox forums, if you want to replace the old one with it).
We cannot change information in the catalog, after it has been there a few days, except in dire emergency (in which case, I can’t do it myself)
Lushnam

Post by Lushnam »

Lynnet wrote: January 11th, 2019, 8:53 am
Lushnam wrote: January 11th, 2019, 12:15 am I finished a draft of section 10, ready for prooflistening.

Here's the link:

Thanks!
Thank you.
FYI, we do not submit drafts. It should be ready for publication at this point (ok, we know that isn’t always the case, but it should be our best effort)
It's ready. I just called it a draft because it hasn't been prooflistened yet (not because it needs to be read again). Every recording (even the final product) could be considered a draft. I did do mulitple recordings and edit it quite a bit before submission. I also reduced the noise.
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

Lushnam wrote: January 11th, 2019, 12:01 pm

Here's the link:

Thanks!
Thank you.
It's ready. I just called it a draft because it hasn't been prooflistened yet (not because it needs to be read again). Every recording (even the final product) could be considered a draft. I did do mulitple recordings and edit it quite a bit before submission. I also reduced the noise.
:thumbs: Just clarifying, as sometimes readers submit raw, unedited files and expect us to do their work for them :roll:
Lushnam

Post by Lushnam »

Lynnet wrote: January 11th, 2019, 3:38 pm
Lushnam wrote: January 11th, 2019, 12:01 pm

Thank you.
:thumbs: Just clarifying, as sometimes readers submit raw, unedited files and expect us to do their work for them :roll:
:) Yeah, I understand. I should probably use clearer terminology in future.
jenniferrd

Post by jenniferrd »

Thanks, I'll try to get to this, this weekend.