New to LibriVox

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
johnficoNYC

Post by johnficoNYC »

Hello All! My name is John and I’m interested in reading and proof-listening - at least to start. I may need help navigating these forums as I’m new to that kind of thing too. Thanks for any help or guidance.
Piotrek81

Post by Piotrek81 »

Hello John and welcome to LibriVox :)
For starters, read the email that you've received from us. It contains a wealth of important info including links to the "1-minute test" instruction (necessary if you want to record) and "Guide for Proof-listeners".
As for navigating, all the sections with "Readers Wanted" in their names include projects that will welcome new readers. Just read the opening post in the thread that you want to contribute to, see what's available to read and post a message expressing your interest.
Another important section is "Listeners Wanted". First of all, because that's where you post the link to your 1-minute test; second, because that's where you'll find the projects in need of a proof-listener.

Have fun and don't hesitate to ask if you have any questions :)
Want to hear some PREPARATION TIPS before you press "record"? Listen to THIS and THIS
philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by philchenevert »

johnficoNYC wrote: January 7th, 2019, 11:17 am Hello All! My name is John and I’m interested in reading and proof-listening - at least to start. I may need help navigating these forums as I’m new to that kind of thing too. Thanks for any help or guidance.
Welcome. Here is a little video on our forums that may helphttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PnxpcbnEjoQ&feature=youtu.be

Ask lots of questions!!! :thumbs:
"I lost my trousers," said Tom expansively.
89 Decibels? Easy Peasy ! https://youtu.be/aSKR55RDVpk
ChuckW

Post by ChuckW »

Welcome John!
PROJECTS
Current Solo:Septimius Felton (Hawthorne's final novel)
Help Needed: Strange Interlude (O'Neill's Freudian melodrama - roles available!)
johnficoNYC

Post by johnficoNYC »

Thank you so much!

Piotrek81 wrote: January 7th, 2019, 11:32 am Hello John and welcome to LibriVox :)
For starters, read the email that you've received from us. It contains a wealth of important info including links to the "1-minute test" instruction (necessary if you want to record) and "Guide for Proof-listeners".
As for navigating, all the sections with "Readers Wanted" in their names include projects that will welcome new readers. Just read the opening post in the thread that you want to contribute to, see what's available to read and post a message expressing your interest.
Another important section is "Listeners Wanted". First of all, because that's where you post the link to your 1-minute test; second, because that's where you'll find the projects in need of a proof-listener.

Have fun and don't hesitate to ask if you have any questions :)
johnficoNYC

Post by johnficoNYC »

Thanks for the video link, Phil! It’s a great way for me to start.

-Fico
philchenevert wrote: January 7th, 2019, 4:31 pm
johnficoNYC wrote: January 7th, 2019, 11:17 am Hello All! My name is John and I’m interested in reading and proof-listening - at least to start. I may need help navigating these forums as I’m new to that kind of thing too. Thanks for any help or guidance.
Welcome. Here is a little video on our forums that may helphttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PnxpcbnEjoQ&feature=youtu.be

Ask lots of questions!!! :thumbs:
johnficoNYC

Post by johnficoNYC »

Thanks Chuck! I am looking forward to getting through all the orientation/overview stuff.

ChuckW wrote: January 8th, 2019, 3:51 pm Welcome John!