'Thank You' messages for LibriVox readers - continued

Comments about LibriVox? Suggestions to improve things? News?
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for MARTIN GEESON (Martin Geeson) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Good afternoon

I would like to thank Mr Martin Geeson for his wonderful reading of 'Gargantua and Pantagruel' and his part in the group reading of 'Dangerous Connections'. He has a clear and excellent voice and injects much humour into his reading - it is an absolute delight to listen to.

I drive long distances for work and listening to these, and many other, Librivox recordings certainly helps make it a much more pleasant experience.

Thank you again and best wishes,

Frances
Lydney, Gloucestershire, UK
and...
Dear Mr. Geeson

Your reading of L'assammoir brought Zola's masterpiece to life for me, and I congratulate you , on the wonderful voice intonations of the dialogue of the various characters..
EXCELLENT !
Best regards John

All of Martin's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Adrian (Adrian Praetzellis)from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Dear Adrian,

I just wanted to let you know that I am *so* enjoying your reading of
'Kim'. It's a book I've always intended to read, but couldn't find the
time to. Now, I can relish the excellence of your voicings for each
character, and cherish the genius of Kipling. Thank you.

Alastair

Edinburgh, Scotland.

and...
Adrian, I first listened to you reading “Siddhartha” by Herman Hesse— a book that has meant a lot to me since I was a teenager. Your reading was so thoughtful that I re-listned often, though I tried other readers, even versions that I had to pay for. None had the careful and authentic voice that you gave the book. When I found out that you are also a reader for “The Wind in the Willows” I immediately downloaded it, although I had other audio version already. It is the only version I will listen it now. The voices of the characters are perfect. Again, you bring a love for the book into your reading of it. Some readers left out the 7th chapter, about the encounter with the god Pan, but you did not.

Though my books are not as gentle as these two, I am a published writer who will have high standards for any audio version of my work because of your readings.

I’ve wanted to thank you for years and hope that you are well and happy.

Kate
All of Adrian's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for GeoffreyEdwards (Geoffrey Edwards) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Dear Mr. Edwards,

I have listened to all your recitations of the Dialogues of Plato and am half-way through The Enneads of Plotinus (PLOTINUS (204 - 270) and PORPHYRY (234 - 305)). You speak very clearly and it is easy to understand you. In addition, your choice of subjects is very important to me and many people. I am hoping strongly that you consider reading some of the works of Proclus in the future. The Neoplatonists seem to be largely ignored and the existing secondary scholarship on them is inadequate, but Proclus himself can be understood (with patience!).

Thank you so very much!

Jim

All of Geoffrey's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for gloriana (Elizabeth Klett) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

It was only because of you ma’am that I enjoyed a 400+ pages novel for the first time!! The book I read along with you was PRIDE AND PREJUDICE by JANE AUSTEN. It was like I was with the characters all the time. So ,thank you ELIZABETH KLETT.

All of Elizabeth's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for JPyle90 (James Pyle) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

To James Pyle:

My husband, three young children, and myself listened to your recording of Five Children and It, and laughed our socks off! We expecially enjoyed the voices you gave the characters and the animation in their voices. Perfectly done. Then I searched for more solo projects by you and was sad to find none! I hope there may be another project in the works. In any case, thank you for your time recording this enjoyable rendition.

Jen and family

https://librivox.org/five-children-and-it-by-e-nesbit-2/

All of James' recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for david wales (David Wales) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Thanks for your readings of these wonderful short stories. I enjoyed your interpretations of them. You brought them to life for me.

All of David's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praises received for Leni (Leni) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Dear Reader,

I would like to thank 'Leni' for her reading of On the Education of an Orator, which can be found here:

https://librivox.org/institutio-oratoria-volume-1-by-marcus-fabius-quintilianus/

Please tell her that I deeply appreciate her time and effort; that I could hardly hope to have studied Quintilian's work so much without her, and that the sound of her voice has become a constant companion along with Quintilian's writing.

Best wishes, and thanks for passing on my message,

Aydin

All of Leni's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Mermaid (Mil Nicholson) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Thank you to Mil Nicholson for her reading of Dickens’ “Our Mutual Friend”. It is a rare and illuminating work of art that she has contributed to all of us who love language, drama, and literature. -Bill

All of Mil's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for ChrisMS (Christopher Smith) from our 'Thank a reader' feature regarding his recording of History of the Reformation Volume 2:

Dear Mr. Smith

I have just finished listening to book 8, and feel somewhat orphaned, so many books to go. You have done a wonderful job in reading these books.

I am not only impressed with the quality of your reading, but with the quality and richness of the language that went into writing these books. It is apparent that

a scholarly representation of the English language is to be found in the writings of those who wrote long ago. Again I say thank you.

Sam

All of Chris' recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for simonevers (Simon Evers) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

regarding his recording of The Dust Flower
Dear Sir, that was spectacular, I enjoyed your every word. I Thank you sincerely for your loving talented reading. Truly it is the very best I have ever heard. Thank you for being you. Kindness to you, Yvonne

and...
Thanks for the wonder reading of "the dust flower"! Your voice is so soothing, I’m on to listening every solo book you have done!!!
Thank you for your contributions to Librivox!
Sincerely, Lynn
and...
Simon,

Dust Flower is a delight.

It is a well written story and you absolutely contributed to the telling.

Thank you so much,

Amy

All of Simon's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for gypsygirl (Karen Savage) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Refering to: Anne of Green Gables (https://librivox.org/anne-of-green-gables-by-lucy-maud-montgomery-3/), Anne of Avonlea, Anne of the Island
Read by: Karen Savage

Thank you for your reading of the Anne of Green Gables series! Revisiting the first book, and discovering the later ones in audioform has been incredible thanks to your reading. I must admit I've become quite spoiled with it, and no other reading of the series will do now. You embody the spirit of Anne perfectly. The voices you put on for the different characters seems to me as being the exact balance of staying true to your own reading style, and letting the characters show through. I was sad to see that Anne of Windy Poplars isn't covered, but I know I'll read it myself quickly enough (and in your style) before moving on to your Anne's House of Dreams.

Nora from Norway

and...

Dear Karen,

Thank you so much for all the time you put into your wonderful recording
of The Story of the Treasure Seekers by E Nesbit! You have brought so
much enjoyment to our family and read with such wonderful expression. We
have had a difficult few days with sickness, and you have really
brightened those days.

Warm regards,

Kim and family

All of Karen's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for ahab (Stewart Wills) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Stewart,

Moby Dick was excellent!

I tried twice to read it and could not make it through. But thanks to your wonderful telling, I enjoyed every chapter. What an exceptional job you did.

Many thanks,

Amy

All of Stewart's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for lvictoria (Laura Victoria) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Dear Laura,

I just wanted to say that I very much enjoyed your reading of the novel, “The Hermit of ____ St”. It is so kind of you to take the time to make these recordings so that people can enjoy these novels. Your reading was very clear, easy to understand and unhurried and your tone made the characters come alive.

Thank you for making this recording as it gave me many hours of pleasure and I now look forward to the listening to another one of your recordings.

Best Regards,
Michael

All of Laura's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Rory (Hazel Chant) and Hawden (Alan Chant) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Dear Hazel and Alan,

We just finished listening to your delightful reading of The
Wouldbegoods by E Nesbit
(https://librivox.org/the-wouldbegoods-by-edith-nesbit/). Thank you so,
so much for your time making this recording. Our whole family are sick
at the moment, and this book has truly brightened our days. We loved
your expressive reading and are truly grateful!

Warm regards,

Kim and family

All of Hazel's recordings!
All of Alan's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for simpa (Simona) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Re:LE AVVENTURE DI PINOCCHIO https://librivox.org/le-avventure-di-pinocchio-by-c-collodi/

Grazzie Simona per questa voce soave. Che piacere sentirla leggere questo delizioso racconto . Che Dio la benedica. Buon Natale u buon Anno 2019. Spero che lei continua a leggere altre belle opere Italiane.

Mariella

Malta

All of Simona's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!