Hello from Columbus, Ohio

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
uu4life

Post by uu4life »

Hi, I'm Elizabeth, living in Columbus, Ohio. I recently finished graduate school and it occurred to me how useful it would have been to have many of the historical primary source texts as audio, since we were all in a distance program and doing a lot of traveling to internship sites and from the school to our various homes all around the world. So, I figured I should sign up here and make more audio available for the next set of people coming through and hoping to find historical material, or just hear a book for fun.

I'm feeling a bit (and by this, I mean A LOT) intimidated by the amount of technical info on the forum that I just don't have the vocabulary to even begin understanding, but I made a test recording and I didn't die or destroy my computer in the process, and it claims to even be about the right decibel level, so I think I'm doing something right, maybe? Anyhow, hello and thanks to all of you making this project happen. It's pretty awesome.
SaraHale

Post by SaraHale »

Hello, Elizabeth!

Welcome to LibriVox! We're so happy to have you. :clap:

I'm sure you'll do an awesome job!

We have two tools that help with the technical stuff of the recording.
1) Checker Program. It checks all the tech specs of the recording.
2) Replay Gain (https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php?title=Measuring_Volume_within_Audacity).

And here's a wiki with all the Instructional Videos (https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/Instructional_Videos) that you might need in the future.

We're a friendly community so feel free to ask questions. Someone is sure to help you. :thumbs:
Thanks, SaraHale. :D
Constructive criticism is always welcome. :thumbs:
ChuckW

Post by ChuckW »

Oooo, another Columbus native. Welcome Elizabeth!
PROJECTS
Current Solo:Septimius Felton (Hawthorne's final novel)
Help Needed: Strange Interlude (O'Neill's Freudian melodrama - roles available!)