[COMPLETE] Bulbs and Blossoms by Amy Le Feuvre - icequeen

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
emilyisabella

Post by emilyisabella »

Bulbs and Blossoms by Amy Le Feuvre (1861 - 1929).

This project is now complete! All audio files can be found on our catalog page: https://librivox.org/bulbs-and-blossoms-by-amy-le-feuvre/
Two young children, recently arrived back in England from India, discover their aunts' lodge keeper, Old Bob, and together they explore the beautiful hope of springtime, Easter, and eternal life. ( Emily Isabella)
  • Text source (only read from this text!): http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/23944
  • Type of proof-listening required (Note: please read the PL FAQ): standard

IMPORTANT - soloist, please note: in order to limit the amount of languishing projects (and hence the amount of files on our hard-pressed server), we ask that you post an update at least once a month in your project thread, even if you haven't managed to record anything. If we don't hear from you for three months, your project may be opened up to a group project if a Book Coordinator is found. Files you have completed will be used in this project. If you haven't recorded anything yet, your project will be removed from the forum (contact any admin to see if it can be re-instated).
    Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process (unless you are the BC or PL). Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!

Magic Window:

BC Admin
    ===========================================
    This paragraph is temporary and will be replaced by the MC with the list of sections and reader (Magic Window) once this project is in the admin system.

[list]
    [*] Project Code: u2VmgeAJ

[*]Link to author on Wikipedia (if available): ( Amy Le Feuvre) : n/a

[*]Link to title on Wikipedia (if available):
    [*]Number of sections (files) this project will have:
    [*]Does the project have an introduction or preface [y/n]: No
    [*]Original publication date (if known): 1898
    [*]If you are a new volunteer, how would you like your name (or pseudonym) credited in the catalog? Emily Isabella Do you have a URL you would like associated with your name?:
============================================

Genres for the project: Children's Fiction; Children's Fiction/Family; Children's Fiction/Religion; General Fiction

Keywords that describe the book: children, Easter, england, spring, amy le feuvre

============================================[/size]

[*]The reader will record the following at the beginning and end of each file:
No more than 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning of the recording!
START of recording (Intro):
  • "Chapter [number] of Bulbs and Blossoms. This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information, or to volunteer, please visit: librivox DOT org"
  • If you wish, say:
    "Recording by [your name], [city, your blog, podcast, web address]"
  • Say:
    "Bulbs and Blossoms, by Amy Le Feuvre. [Chapter]"

For the second and all subsequent sections, you may optionally use the shortened form of this intro disclaimer:
  • "Chapter [number] of Bulbs and Blossoms by Amy Le Feuvre. This LibriVox recording is in the Public Domain."
  • If you wish, say:
  • Only if applicable, say:
    "[Chapter title]"
END of recording:
  • At the end of the section, say:
    "End of [Chapter]"
  • If you wish, say:
  • At the end of the book, say (in addition):
    "End of Bulbs and Blossoms, by Amy Le Feuvre. "

There should be ~5 seconds silence at the end of the recording.

[*]Example filename bulbsandblossoms_##_lefeuvre_128kb.mp3 (all lower-case) where ## is the section number (e.g. bulbsandblossoms_01_lefeuvre_128kb.mp3)

[*]Example ID3 V2 tags
Artist: Amy Le Feuvre
Title: ## - [Section title]
Album: Bulbs and Blossoms

Transfer of files (completed recordings)
Please always post in this forum thread when you've sent a file. Also, post the length of the recording (file duration: mm:ss) together with the link.
  • Upload your file with the LibriVox Uploader: https://librivox.org/login/uploader Image
    (If you have trouble reading the image above, please message an admin)
  • You'll need to select the MC, which for this project is: icequeen
  • When your upload is complete, you will receive a link - please post it in this thread.
  • If this doesn't work, or you have questions, please check our How To Send Your Recording wiki page.

Any questions?
Please post below[/list]
Last edited by emilyisabella on January 3rd, 2019, 9:19 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Emily

I'm Nobody! Who are you?
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

hi emily, welcome to librivox!

this is a good choice for a first solo, but we have over the years created a routine that new readers can best follow before embarking on a solo. you can easily go through this routine within a week and then get started, so please dont see this as a big chore :)

1. please submit your one minute test! this is not an audition, but just a way for us to make sure that your technical settings are all in order.

2. please pick a group project and submit a couple of sections there. this way, you can learn how librivox works before you take any responsibility in a solo. you need to run a solo project yourself, you see, so it helps if you are not brand new to the system :)

please let us know if you have any questions!
Carolin
emilyisabella

Post by emilyisabella »

Hello Carolin,

I have posted my 1 Minute Test and will be doing some chapters in group projects to get used to things.

Thanks for your help!
Emily
Emily

I'm Nobody! Who are you?
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

Hi emily, thats great! Ill move this thread over to book suggestions, just post here again when you are ready and i or someone else will move it back so that you can get started :thumbs:
Carolin
emilyisabella

Post by emilyisabella »

I'm ready to start this solo book!
Emily

I'm Nobody! Who are you?
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Moved back to the Launch Pad. Someone will come by and set it up for you (your MC). That person will be the one whose name you'll select in the uploader. I'm full up on projects, so I won't be MC'ing this.

To whomever sets up the project: it looks like this project has 4 chapters. :)
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
Humor: My Lady Nicotine
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Hi Emily, I can MC this one for you! While I go off to make your Magic Window, I will leave your homework for you.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1kVj409nG_E0XJ5UrrcL7EVx7Qyx-2UQ7dbw4mINi3XQ

This document tells you how to access the workflow system for the first time. As soloist, you are responsible for your own MW. That means you get to put the titles into the right spots, and to paste the links for each of your files that the uploader gives you. So, you will need to do this asap. Let me know when you have accessed the MW and changed the password, or if you are having any problems. (Of course, you won't be able to do this until the MW is in the first post, but you can at least get started if you see this before I get back.)
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

OK, your MW is ready for you. We will wait here a day or two to see if we can pick up a DPL. But, please feel free to record and upload your sections. Sometimes a DPL will adopt a project once they see a section or two have been uploaded.
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
SweetPea

Post by SweetPea »

May I sign on as DPL? :D
Rachel

“My behavior is nonetheless, deplorable. Unfortunately, I’m quite prone to such bouts of deplorability--take for instance, my fondness for reading books at the dinner table.” - Mistborn: The Final Empire
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Of course! Thanks Rachel!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Moving on to Going Solo!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
emilyisabella

Post by emilyisabella »

All of the chapters are recorded and up for PL!
Emily

I'm Nobody! Who are you?
SweetPea

Post by SweetPea »

Hi Emily :)

What a cute little book, and you were the perfect reader for it :) I thouroughly enjoyed listening!

Chapter 1 is PL OK!

Chapter 2 PL notes:
- @ 6:56 a repeated phrase ("will God bring with him"), which just needs to be cut out
- check the amount of silence on the end, it's around 7 seconds, please shorten to 5

Chapter 3:
- @ 2:52 repeated phrase ("make it here")
- @ 6:07 I hear "Mrs Bob" rather than "Mr Bob", I thought I would let you know because it sounds a little odd, but this is just an optional edit :)
- check the ending silence, looks to be about 10 seconds

Chapter 4 is PL OK!

If anything is unclear or you need help figuring out how to do something, just let me know
Rachel
Rachel

“My behavior is nonetheless, deplorable. Unfortunately, I’m quite prone to such bouts of deplorability--take for instance, my fondness for reading books at the dinner table.” - Mistborn: The Final Empire
emilyisabella

Post by emilyisabella »

Hi Rachel,

I know, little vintage children's books are so charming :)

I think I fixed the problems, including Mrs. Bob.

Hopefully everything is good now.
Emily

I'm Nobody! Who are you?
SweetPea

Post by SweetPea »

Everything is PL OK and ready to go!
Rachel