Hello from Oregon

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
ka7zrp

Post by ka7zrp »

My name is Ken Kiger from Keno Oregon. Long time reader and audiobook listener.
I was born and raised here and after mission, college, and 8 years working on blackhawk helicopters all over the world, I moved back here with my wife and four daughters. I read to them for many years and when we had another 12 years after the youngest I read to her too. Join the Air Force here. Worked for another 14 years there and am now retired. A few odd jobs like telephone tech support, four years teaching AF JROTC. Now I am full time retired.

I love scifi. My older daughters tell me the book they remember the most was "The hobbit ". Now I have been reading to my grandkids. I look forward to others and helping do these projects.

Ken
moniaqua

Post by moniaqua »

Welcome at LibriVox, Ken. :)

Unfortunately the Hobbit isn't PD yet, as far as I know, but there are plenty of PD texts, also in scifi.
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Hey, welcome, Oregonian!

I was born in Medford, the closest hospital to Prospect where we lived.
But I really grew up in the Pendleton area before the family moved down near Coos Bay.
Since then, I've lived in quite a few states and several countries, including extended stays in Haiti and Korea, and a lot of time in New England where we are again, trying to be retired.

Also a Sci-Fi fan, and Tolkien, of course.
We do have one SF book currently looking for readers as well as a collection of SF short stories that you can contribute to. That is actually how I found out about LibriVox -- got a notice that some of the golden age stories were being recorded.

So, come on in and join us!

Glad to answer any questions you may have.

Larry (KE1HZ)
On the road again, so delays are possible
~ Larry