Make Believe Stories

Comments about LibriVox? Suggestions to improve things? News?
Salvationist

Post by Salvationist »

I believe that Make Believe Stories by Laura Lee Hope should be given its own series page on LibriVox. At this point, six of the twelve books in the series are represented on LibriVox: The Story of a Sawdust Doll (Book 1), The Story of a Bold Tin Soldier (Book 4), The Story of a Candy Rabbit (Book 5), The Story of a Nodding Donkey (Book 8), The Story of a Plush Bear (Book 10), and The Story of a Stuffed Elephant (Book 11). This series has its own Wikipedia article at the following URL: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Make_Believe_Stories

There are many other similar series pages on LibriVox, and I believe that having a series page for Make Believe Stories would be consistent with current practices. Analogous series pages include the pages for the Among the People Series and the My Bookhouse Series. Would someone be willing to create a series page for Make Believe Stories?
Salvationist

Current focus: Acadia, The Watsons, and Pollyanna of the Orange Blossoms
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

It's possible but I can't really see any reason to, they are a series by a syndicate with multiple unnamed authors and on an author search they display together as they all start "The story of a ....." as do the other by the syndicate "The Bobbsey Twins at ....." "Bunny Brown and his Sister Sue......" and I assume "Six Little Bunkers ......" will.

I'd agree there probably are groups that don't really need to be, it was originally set up to contain the bible books in a way that made it possible to find the different versions, just as we have a consistent naming system for them.
And it's great for series without consistent titles. like the D'Artagnan series . and Trollope's series with the same people and place but varying titles.

Anne
Salvationist

Post by Salvationist »

Thank you for your response, Anne! I can appreciate that there are other series pages that are more valuable than this one might be. Still, I think a Make Believe Stories page would be worthwhile, if only for the fact that the title of the series would then be searchable. Typing "Make Believe Stories" into the search bar currently returns no hits, which means someone looking for books in the series will not find any unless they know to search by individual title.
Salvationist

Current focus: Acadia, The Watsons, and Pollyanna of the Orange Blossoms
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by knotyouraveragejo »

I guess I am a bigger proponent of groups than Anne, but I tend to agree that these would work well as a group. I can set up the new group, and we can see if it helps with a search for Make Believe Stories. The specific stories will still be searchable, but keep in mind that currently, once they are grouped, then only the link to the group shows up when you search a title within the group, and it requires a second click to see the individual titles. At some point we may try to change this behavior, but for now, this is how the catalog searches work.
Jo
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

I suppose if people are likely to search for make-believe stories it would be good - it was the fact that they didn't show without clicking on it that made me feel it would reduce their download - the current group link is so boring without a colourful brilliant cover image :D, it gets lost in the search results but I've no real objection