[Complete] The Black Eagle Mystery by Geraldine Bonner - lt

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
jenniferrd

Post by jenniferrd »

Chapter 7:
5:11 - Repeat of phrase, "So after I'd put on my hat and coat"
5:10 - Repeat of phrase, "Troop came off"
18:20 - Change in meaning: "At a few minutes after" is changed to "At a few minutes earlier" - that would be confusing as they are specifically talking of the time line of the murder
19:20 - Repeat of sentence "This man didn't attempt the job alone."
lethargilistic

Post by lethargilistic »

jenniferrd wrote: November 12th, 2018, 8:51 pm Chapter 7:
5:10 - Repeat of phrase, "Troop came off"
18:20 - Change in meaning: "At a few minutes after" is changed to "At a few minutes earlier" - that would be confusing as they are specifically talking of the time line of the murder
19:20 - Repeat of sentence "This man didn't attempt the job alone."
5:16 - Repeat of phrase, "Troop came off"
18:14 - Change in meaning: "At a few minutes after" is changed to "At a few minutes earlier" - that would be confusing as they are specifically talking of the time line of the murder
19:16 - Repeat of sentence "This man didn't attempt the job alone."
Mike
jenniferrd

Post by jenniferrd »

Chapter 9:
04:17 - missing the word "been" in "she'd been a radiant, blooming Amazon in the country", it's read "she had a radiant, blooming Amazon in the country"
04:36.5 - missing the word "beastly" in "and felt beastly uncomfortable while I was doing it" - since this doesn't change the meaning, I'll leave it up to you if you want to correct it.
8:02 - You say resental for resentful. - again, that might be just pronunciation, so up to you on that one.
9:30 - the word "catch is pronounced "clatch" in "clasping and unclasping the catch"
16:44 - this didn't make sense, you read "It wasn't only the expression of her face" as "It wasn't the only expression of her face" - I don't think we can have two expressions on our face. :)

Great job, this was an exciting chapter!
jenniferrd

Post by jenniferrd »

Chapter 7 - Spot PL - OK!
lethargilistic

Post by lethargilistic »

Just general FYI: I haven't had opportunity to record for the last bit because my living situation blew up.
Mike
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

lethargilistic wrote: November 27th, 2018, 12:39 pm Just general FYI: I haven't had opportunity to record for the last bit because my living situation blew up.
Hope your situation settles down soon.
Just try and check in every couple of months and all will be well here.
lethargilistic

Post by lethargilistic »

jenniferrd wrote: November 16th, 2018, 6:22 am Chapter 9:
04:17 - missing the word "been" in "she'd been a radiant, blooming Amazon in the country", it's read "she had a radiant, blooming Amazon in the country"
04:36.5 - missing the word "beastly" in "and felt beastly uncomfortable while I was doing it" - since this doesn't change the meaning, I'll leave it up to you if you want to correct it.
8:02 - You say resental for resentful. - again, that might be just pronunciation, so up to you on that one.
9:30 - the word "catch is pronounced "clatch" in "clasping and unclasping the catch"
16:44 - this didn't make sense, you read "It wasn't only the expression of her face" as "It wasn't the only expression of her face" - I don't think we can have two expressions on our face. :)

Great job, this was an exciting chapter!
No longer homeless!

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/blackeaglemystery_09_bonner_128kb.mp3

04:17 - Added "been"
04:36.5 - I couldn't get the voice match even close with the correction, so I left "beastly" out.
8:02 - "Resentful" fixed
9:30 - "clatch" -> "catch"
16:44 - "It wasn't only the expression of her face" fixed.
Mike
jenniferrd

Post by jenniferrd »

Chapter 9 is Spot PL OK!
lethargilistic

Post by lethargilistic »

Chapter 10

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/blackeaglemystery_10_bonner_128kb.mp3 (21:14)

In big news, we just learned that Yunnie is alive! Her death was apparently a hoax propagated against her will by people in her life for reasons she understandably doesn't want to share. We couldn't be more relieved.
Mike
jenniferrd

Post by jenniferrd »

Chapter 10:

4:13 - I hear, "It didn't phaze me a bit" and it should be "It didn't phaze him a bit."
11:51 - I hear "Dipping with a gunman" and it should be "Dining with a gunman."
14:40 - I hear "That's not how I stumbled on his secret," and it should be, "That's how I stumbled on his secret"
19:26 - I hear "Seeing out of the tall of my eye," and it should be "Seeing out of the tail of my eye."
19:44 - I hear "Then like a steak down the steps, and it should be "Then like a streak down the steps."

How wonderful to hear your friend is okay!

What an exciting chapter!
lethargilistic

Post by lethargilistic »

jenniferrd wrote: February 24th, 2019, 6:02 pm Chapter 10:

4:13 - I hear, "It didn't phaze me a bit" and it should be "It didn't phaze him a bit."
11:51 - I hear "Dipping with a gunman" and it should be "Dining with a gunman."
14:40 - I hear "That's not how I stumbled on his secret," and it should be, "That's how I stumbled on his secret"
19:26 - I hear "Seeing out of the tall of my eye," and it should be "Seeing out of the tail of my eye."
19:43 - I hear "Then like a steak down the steps, and it should be "Then like a streak down the steps."

How wonderful to hear your friend is okay!

What an exciting chapter!
4:13 - "It didn't phaze him a bit."
11:51 - "Dining with a gunman."
14:40 - "That's how I stumbled on his secret"
19:26 - "Seeing out of the tail of my eye."
19:44 - "Then like a streak down the steps."
Mike
jenniferrd

Post by jenniferrd »

Chapter 10 - Spot PL - OK!
jenniferrd

Post by jenniferrd »