COMPLETE: The Epistle of Paul to the Romans ASV - NF/ez

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
stinssd

Post by stinssd »

Ezwa,

I think I may have figured out the trick to getting the background sound to stop. Maybe I should go ahead and rerecord Galatians and Romans in 128 without the noise?

If this sounds okay with you, would you like to MC the shorter pieces I just posted (1-3 John, Jude, Philemon) while I rerecord the others and repost the audio?

Please let me know what you think.

Sam
ezwa
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ezwa »

Hi Sam!
It's great that you've been able to work things out for the background noise and the bitrate (and frequency?)!

As Romans is not complete yet, you could re-record it before we catalogue it. What do you think about that?

As for Galatians... hmm... that would mean I'd need to go replace the files on archive... We'll see... OK?

As for the other projects I saw them and I would love to MC but it won't be possible these coming days as I won't be online for a long week. But if no MC has picked it up when I get back, I will for sure.
Then, there will be the other epistles and all the rest ;-)

PS: you might like to post a note in Listener Wanted to have the file prooflistened.
Ezwa

« Heureux qui... sait d'une voix légère passer du grave au doux, du plaisant au sévère »
Boileau
« Soyez joyeux dans l'espérance, patients dans la tribulation, persévérants dans la prière. »
Rm 12:12

Envie de lire du dramatique ?
stinssd

Post by stinssd »

chocoholic
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by chocoholic »

I think Ezwa's still on vacation, Sam. I'll pm you the info on how to edit your Magic Window so you can get your revised files in there if you like.

If you want to set up a Listeners Wanted thread, have a look at the top sticky post in that forum -- it gives you the acronyms used in the thread titles. Just state in your post what level of PL'ing you'd like and include links to the text and to this thread. To get a Magic Window in your post there, go to the first post of this thread and hit Edit. You will see, instead of the window, a code that looks like this:

[readers=##]
[size=x][url =http://librivox.org/blahblahblahyadayadayada](Admin link)[/url][/size]

Copy and paste that into your post and a window will appear.
Laurie Anne
Starlite

Post by Starlite »

chocoholic wrote: [readers=##]
[size=x][url =http://librivox.org/blahblahblahyadayadayada](Admin link)[/url][/size]

LMAO :lol: :lol:
"Reasonable people adapt themselves to the world. Unreasonable
people attempt to adapt the world to themselves. All progress,
therefore, depends on unreasonable people." George Bernard Shaw
Starlite

Post by Starlite »

OK I have just proofed chapter 7. It is word perfect but I have a comment about noise removal. Sam did you try to remove background noise using the old (Non beta) version of audacity? There is a tinny unnatural sound in this. It's not as nice as the smaller books I proofed for you. Do you still have the original non noise cleaned version? We do have much better noise cleaning software in the beta version of Audacity. You can find instructions on how to use it here:

http://librivox.org/wiki/moin.cgi/NoiseCleaning

Esther
ezwa
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ezwa »

Sam,
I'm back.
So (to make sure I understand properly): you didn't re-record but just changed the bitrate and frequency, is that correct?

Laurie Anne and Esther, thanks!

PS: I pasted the latest links in the database.
Ezwa

« Heureux qui... sait d'une voix légère passer du grave au doux, du plaisant au sévère »
Boileau
« Soyez joyeux dans l'espérance, patients dans la tribulation, persévérants dans la prière. »

ezwa
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ezwa »

Sam, only two notes on chapter 8 (I don't think it's absolutely necessary to edit):
  • 1'52'' ... so then, brethren... (read brothers)
  • 2'40'' ... the glory which shall be revealed... (read received??)
Same background noise as in the previous file. I'd go with what Esther said:
Starlite wrote:... Sam did you try to remove background noise using the old (Non beta) version of audacity? ... Do you still have the original non noise cleaned version? We do have much better noise cleaning software in the beta version of Audacity. You can find instructions on how to use it here:

http://librivox.org/wiki/moin.cgi/NoiseCleaning

Esther
My attempt at noise cleaning was no good.
Ezwa

Boileau

stinssd

Post by stinssd »

Ezwa, there's so much wrong with these files, I really do need to start from scratch. I hate to admit it, but there's no way to push the dings out of the fender of this one or paint over the scratches. I'm planning to start new with new files recorded right after I finish checking the audio for the Mark ASV files I am preparing. I'm doing sound check of my own audio before I post it, so Lord willing the files will all appear as word perfect when they are checked by others.
ezwa
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ezwa »

OK. Thanks for keeping me updated, Sam. Just let me know when there's something new.

Cheers,
Ezwa

Boileau

stinssd

Post by stinssd »

Ezwa,

The new, re-recorded files have been pl once by me and uploaded. We're ready to go for pl with new files now.

One note: Rom. 12:3 has a variant: My version reads an extra "so" in the verse, but the other PD version may not. Since they're both PD, let's let it stay.

Regards,

Sam
Starlite

Post by Starlite »

I've downloaded chapters 1 & 2 and will proof them now.

Esther

Edit:

Chapters 1 & 2 are word perfect.
ezwa
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ezwa »

Starlite wrote:... Chapters 1 & 2 are word perfect.
Noted in the MW.
Ezwa

Boileau

Starlite

Post by Starlite »

I've downloaded all of these and will proof asap.

Esther :)

Edit: chapters 3 - 10 are word perfect.

Chapter 11 @4:40 "even so have these also now been disobedient," said "even so NOW these also now have been disobedient,"

Ch 12 A ok
Ch 13 @1:16 repeat "For "

Ch 14 OK
CH 15 @1:51 "Now the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing" said "peace"

Ch 16 is good to go :thumbs:

ALL DONE!!!
ezwa
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ezwa »

It's all in the MW. :)
Ezwa

Boileau