[COMPLETE] The Book of the Thousand Nights and a Night (Arabian Nights), Vol 10 - tg

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
MrMike79

Post by MrMike79 »

SkyRider wrote: December 27th, 2018, 11:43 am
MrMike79 wrote: December 26th, 2018, 8:43 pm Here is the re-upload of section 5.
Thanks Mike. The intro is fine now.

I'm afraid we're still not quite there on the outro. As a reminder from the first post...
At the end of the section, say:
"End of Section [number]"
This bit is mandatory.
If you wish, say:
"Recording by [your name], [city, your blog, podcast, web address]"
This bit is optional.

Anything else shouldn't be there.

Sorry for the nitpicking, but stickler-in-chief is my role in this particular project.

Cheers,
Paul
Hi Paul- No need to apologize, I'd like to give this a go professionally at some point so I want to be nitpicked! I enjoy making a quality product. I'm glad you're here as a PL to keep us all accountable. :D

I accidentally uploaded one file with a misspelling in the file name. I re-uploaded this one with the correct spelling of volume...sigh...it is 11:39

https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/arabiannightsvolume10_05_anonymous_128kb.mp3
SkyRider

Post by SkyRider »

MrMike79 wrote: December 27th, 2018, 7:24 pm I re-uploaded this one with the correct spelling of volume...sigh...it is 11:39
All good now - thank you for those tweaks. Section 5 spot PL OK.
MrMike79 wrote: December 27th, 2018, 7:24 pm Hi Paul- No need to apologize, I'd like to give this a go professionally at some point so I want to be nitpicked! I enjoy making a quality product. I'm glad you're here as a PL to keep us all accountable. :D
All the best with that - you've certainly got the control of your voice's expressiveness for it. Are you specifically looking to do long-form narration or more general VO work?

If you would find it helpful, I'd be more than happy to do an ACX level PLing of your submissions, though in cases like this where you meet Librivox's requirements but not ACX's more stringent ones it may make sense to take it to private messages so as not to clog up the thread.

Cheers,
Paul
Foon

Post by Foon »

SkyRider wrote: December 27th, 2018, 6:00 pm No probs. I'm afraid I noticed something important missing while you were away though - there's no night 1000! Fortunately, you're the only person to have recorded chapters after that so we don't need to chase large numbers of people to update their intro/outros with the correct section numbers. Alternatively, it might be worth seeing if endlessriver would be willing to include night 1000 in section 10 in which case no renumbering would be needed.

Sorry to be the bearer of awkward news.

Cheers,
Paul
OMG, Paul, you're a lifesaver! It would have suuuuucked to find out about it later. :lol: I've added an extra section and fixed my file names. Would you mind, as a quick sanity check, to make sure that the correct files are in the correct sections? I've put them on "Ready for Spot PL" for that reason.
Foon - Real life is getting in the way of LV, will be slow until all is back on track, please bear with me!

Readers needed:
Dramatic Reading: The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
Folklore/legends: Arabian Nights Vol. 11
Play: Zeus the Tragedian
endlessriver

Post by endlessriver »

SkyRider wrote: December 27th, 2018, 6:00 pm No probs. I'm afraid I noticed something important missing while you were away though - there's no night 1000! Fortunately, you're the only person to have recorded chapters after that so we don't need to chase large numbers of people to update their intro/outros with the correct section numbers. Alternatively, it might be worth seeing if endlessriver would be willing to include night 1000 in section 10 in which case no renumbering would be needed.

Sorry to be the bearer of awkward news.

Cheers,
Paul
I'd absolutely be willing to do night 1000 -- I haven't been able to do any recording over the holidays, but things will be quieting down soon, once the new years fireworks have passed :D Would I include that section to my night 999 recording, or record it separately? I'm not really clear on the particulars of section numbering.
Foon

Post by Foon »

endlessriver wrote: December 30th, 2018, 11:05 am

I'd absolutely be willing to do night 1000 -- I haven't been able to do any recording over the holidays, but things will be quieting down soon, once the new years fireworks have passed :D Would I include that section to my night 999 recording, or record it separately? I'm not really clear on the particulars of section numbering.
You're very welcome to read that section too! I've fixed the Magic Window and there's now a section for night 1000 (which wasn't there before), so it can be its own section just like the other nights. I'll sign you up for that one too. I look forward to your sections! :D
Foon - Real life is getting in the way of LV, will be slow until all is back on track, please bear with me!

Readers needed:
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

complete by Feb 30
:lol: Oops!
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
Humor: My Lady Nicotine
Foon

Post by Foon »

TriciaG wrote: December 30th, 2018, 11:54 am
complete by Feb 30
:lol: Oops!
Hahahaha :lol: I've been so absent-minded with all the holiday stuff going on. Changed it to March 1, that seems like a slightly more sensible date. ;) Thanks, Tricia! :D

Readers needed:
SkyRider

Post by SkyRider »

Foon wrote: December 30th, 2018, 6:10 am Would you mind, as a quick sanity check, to make sure that the correct files are in the correct sections?
The right files are in the right places with the right names. However, they all still begin "Section [old number] of the Book of..." and end with "End of Section [old number]". Sorry to dump more work on you, but I think those would be better corrected.

Happy New Year everyone!

Cheers,
Paul
Foon

Post by Foon »

SkyRider wrote: December 31st, 2018, 2:42 am
Foon wrote: December 30th, 2018, 6:10 am Would you mind, as a quick sanity check, to make sure that the correct files are in the correct sections?
The right files are in the right places with the right names. However, they all still begin "Section [old number] of the Book of..." and end with "End of Section [old number]". Sorry to dump more work on you, but I think those would be better corrected.

Happy New Year everyone!

Cheers,
Paul

... :oops: Did I mention I was absent-minded? :lol:
I'll fix the intros and outros in the new year!

Readers needed:
MrMike79

Post by MrMike79 »

Happy New Year! I have section six ready for PL. It is 08:57

https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/arabiannightsvolume10_06_anonymous_128kb.mp3
SkyRider

Post by SkyRider »

Hi Mike...

Another bravura performance! One small thing. At 06:52 for the phrase "He rubbed the ring and behold, a voice said," your voice becomes very metallic and hard to make the words out. I'm not sure if that's file damage, the microphone acting up or whatever, but could I ask you to redo those few seconds, please?

Cheers,
Paul
Foon

Post by Foon »

Thank you both! :thumbs:

Readers needed:
MrMike79

Post by MrMike79 »

SkyRider wrote: January 2nd, 2019, 9:45 am Hi Mike...

Another bravura performance! One small thing. At 06:52 for the phrase "He rubbed the ring and behold, a voice said," your voice becomes very metallic and hard to make the words out. I'm not sure if that's file damage, the microphone acting up or whatever, but could I ask you to redo those few seconds, please?

Cheers,
Paul
Thanks so much! I'm really enjoying this project. It's a lot of fun to read. Incidentally, one of my favorite board games is a storytelling game based off the Thousand Nights.
Actually, it was me goofing around with a reverb effect, going way overboard with it, and forgetting to take it off.

Mike

Anyway, here's the link
https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/arabiannightsvolume10_06_anonymous_128kb.mp3
It should be around 8:55 because I took a couple of mouth noises out.
SkyRider

Post by SkyRider »

Section 6 Spot PL OK! :clap:

Would that game be Tales of the Arabian Nights by Eric Goldberg? I love that game but don't find other players for it very often.
Foon

Post by Foon »

Thank you both!

Readers needed: