Hello from a book-loving Midwesterner

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
Wise4ss

Post by Wise4ss »

Hello, everyone!

I am a college radio host at Kent State University studying broadcast journalism and philosophy! I discovered LibriVox while looking for an audiobook version of Herman Hesse's Siddhartha. I'm interested in joining the community because I have a passion for prose literature and philosophical texts, and I also have experience behind a microphone. Up until now, however, I haven't had decent enough equipment to record outside of my station. I recently received a stellar microphone as a Christmas gift, and I'd like to put it to use!

I've already recorded my 1-minute test and just need to submit it. (By the by, had some problems downloading the checker software and I use Adobe Audition, so I don't know if the file is too loud or soft. Some help in this department would be appreciated!)

Can't wait to jump into a recording project! I'd love to hear about everyone else and to work collaboratively when you all think I'm ready.

Nice to meet you all, and Happy New Year!

Sincerely,

A. Bryan Johnson (but you can call me Wise.)
A. Bryan Johnson
Twitter: @Abryjo
JenniferFour

Post by JenniferFour »

Welcome!

I have been with Librivox for 3 years. I think you’ll like it here :)

What mic did you get?
Critical feedback is ALWAYS welcome - in the forum or via PM
Wise4ss

Post by Wise4ss »

It's a Blue Yeti! I fell in love with it after using one to record a story for school -- nice crisp sound, and good for a variety of purposes.

Probably not the best in the world but it's miles ahead of the camera-mounted microphone I was using for everything before.
A. Bryan Johnson
Twitter: @Abryjo
JenniferFour

Post by JenniferFour »

I think you’ll get a lot of good use out of that. I know it is a popular mic here so if you have trouble, there will be someone to help.
Critical feedback is ALWAYS welcome - in the forum or via PM