[COMPLETE][DR-Sketches] Peeps at People by John Kendrick Bangs - kit

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
ellies

Post by ellies »

leanneyauyau wrote: December 24th, 2018, 6:00 am I think everything in blue from page 32-39 is your lines! https://docs.google.com/document/d/1d4ZOaKStjhTK_NcG88WceMWfG36I3lhMxLe0quIOIpA/edit
thanks
"The pure joy of reading and sharing with others, must never be taken for granted"- Elaine Conway 2018
ellies

Post by ellies »

linny wrote: December 24th, 2018, 1:15 pm
ellies wrote: December 24th, 2018, 1:47 am Hi Linny, I am going to be recording section 3 shortly. I have not done this type before, so am confused as to what I read? Is it just Sir Henry Irving talking? Do I leave gaps.

sorry, I feel silly asking, but not sure, as on google doc, there is quite a lot of text.

Happy Christmas wishes

ellies
Welcome to to world of DRs. I’m sorry I didn’t realize this was your first one or I would have given you guidance.

To begin I need you voice credit. Character name read by your credit.

Then read each of the lines color coded for your character. Whenever there is a line for another character or the narrator leave a 3-6 second gap so I can edit everyone together.

Let me know if you have more questions.

Thanks, I understand now, easy really, I think!
here is section 3:

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/peopsatpeople_henryirving_chapter03.mp3

ellies
"The pure joy of reading and sharing with others, must never be taken for granted"- Elaine Conway 2018
linny

Post by linny »

Kristin,
Thank you for the correction for chapter 9. PL OK. :D

Nemo,
When you have the time, 9 is ready for PL. https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/peepsatpeople_09_bangs_128kb.mp3 13:45
NemoR

Post by NemoR »

Chapter 9 is PL OK Linny!
Nemo

Thoreau - “Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake."
linny

Post by linny »

Hello Foon,
Turns out I made errors on the color coding for chapter 7. There are a few additional lines for the propertyman. Will you be able to record them?

On the way down the Strand, back to my rooms, I met the property-man, who was evidently waiting for me.
"Excuse me, miss," said he, "but you saw?"
"Saw what?" said I.
"How he called me down about the Marie Antoinette poker?" he replied, nervously.
"Yes," said I, "I did."
"Well, it was all arranged beforehand, miss, so that you would be impressed by his love for and careful attention to details. That's all," said he. "We other fellers at the Lyceum has some pride, miss, and we wants you to understand that S'rennery isn't the only genius on the programme, by good long odds. It's not knowin' that that made her Majesty the Queen make her mistake."
"I didn't know, Mr. Henderson, that her Majesty had made a mistake," said I, coldly.
"Well, she did, miss. She knighted S'rennery as a individual, when she'd ought to have knighted the whole bloomin' theaytre. There's others than him as does it!" he observed, proudly. "King Somebody knighted a piece of steak. Why couldn't the Queen knight the theaytre?"
linny

Post by linny »

Ellies,
Great job on Irving! I do have a correction for you though.

9:13 - "Some day," said he. "When times are better."
I hear But
linny

Post by linny »

Nemo,
Thank you for PLing chapter 9. :D
ellies

Post by ellies »

linny wrote: December 26th, 2018, 11:36 am Ellies,
Great job on Irving! I do have a correction for you though.

9:13 - "Some day," said he. "When times are better."
I hear But
thanks, all corrected now:

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/peopsatpeople_henryirving_chapter03.mp3

ellies
ellies

Post by ellies »

ellies

Post by ellies »

linny I m happy to do section 16 also.

ellies
linny

Post by linny »

Hello Ellies,
Thank you. I'll PL as soon as I can and I'm putting you in the MW for the extra section. Please remember, especially for DRs that going by section numbers gets really confusing. Sections move around all the time as parts are finished. Also, please be careful in your file naming. For instance your last posting is actually for Ian Mclaren in chapter 8 but the naming was for chapter 7.

Chapter 3 is spot check PL OK. :thumbs:
pmstrahm

Post by pmstrahm »

hi
I would like to try Jean De Reszkes

thanks
pistol pete, CC
linny

Post by linny »

Sounds great, Pete. Thank you!
Foon

Post by Foon »

linny wrote: December 26th, 2018, 10:56 am
Hello Foon,
Turns out I made errors on the color coding for chapter 7. There are a few additional lines for the propertyman. Will you be able to record them?

On the way down the Strand, back to my rooms, I met the property-man, who was evidently waiting for me.
"Excuse me, miss," said he, "but you saw?"
"Saw what?" said I.
"How he called me down about the Marie Antoinette poker?" he replied, nervously.
"Yes," said I, "I did."
"Well, it was all arranged beforehand, miss, so that you would be impressed by his love for and careful attention to details. That's all," said he. "We other fellers at the Lyceum has some pride, miss, and we wants you to understand that S'rennery isn't the only genius on the programme, by good long odds. It's not knowin' that that made her Majesty the Queen make her mistake."
"I didn't know, Mr. Henderson, that her Majesty had made a mistake," said I, coldly.
"Well, she did, miss. She knighted S'rennery as a individual, when she'd ought to have knighted the whole bloomin' theaytre. There's others than him as does it!" he observed, proudly. "King Somebody knighted a piece of steak. Why couldn't the Queen knight the theaytre?"
Hi Linny,
Yes, of course I can! I'm gonna be swamped for the rest of my Christmas holidays, so I don't know how quickly I can do it.. I'll try to squeeze it in at some point, but otherwise I can get them to you after the 6th!
Foon - Real life is getting in the way of LV, will be slow until all is back on track, please bear with me!

Readers needed:
Dramatic Reading: The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
Folklore/legends: Arabian Nights Vol. 11
Play: Zeus the Tragedian
jfgallagher

Post by jfgallagher »

Here is Edouard De Reszkes from chapters 10 and 11:

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/peepsatpeopledr_eduoard_de_reszkes_10.mp3
recording time 03:45

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/peepsatpeopledr_eduoard_de_reszkes_11.mp3
recording time 00:23

I had to hurry to get mine in first so I can force Pete to harmonize with me...instead of the other way around! :lol:

Let me know if I need to fix anything!

Jim