COMPLETE[PLAY]Psyche by Molière - thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
RobMarland

Post by RobMarland »

Thanks, Sonia. Here is the fixed file. 'Bow' looks like a typo that should be 'how'. I read both, though.

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/psyche_agenor_1_128kb.mp3
Rob Marland reader section | website
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

RobMarland wrote: December 26th, 2018, 5:57 am Thanks, Sonia. Here is the fixed file. 'Bow' looks like a typo that should be 'how'. I read both, though.
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/psyche_agenor_1_128kb.mp3
:lol: thanks for this, I had to chuckle hearing your "what ? no !" here. I agree, "bow" doesn't make any sense, so you made the right call.

Agenor now PL ok.

Thanks for the quick correction. Enjoy your end-of-year celebration !

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Todd: Act 4 is ready to be fully assembled. :D

Sonia
svonb002

Post by svonb002 »

Hello. May I claim the Second Man from act one?
~ Stefan V.
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

svonb002 wrote: December 26th, 2018, 12:49 pm Hello. May I claim the Second Man from act one?
hey, yes, cool, that will make us fully claimed :D if you wish you can download Nemo's file for the First Man, to try to read a bit in sync with him on the parts you have to do in chorus.

Good luck and thanks !

Sonia
MajorToast

Post by MajorToast »

fingers crossed...

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/psyche_cleo_1_128kb.mp3

I guess you don't need the length in here, but let me know what you do need.
MajorToast

Post by MajorToast »

MajorToast

Post by MajorToast »

ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you.

Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

MajorToast wrote: December 26th, 2018, 6:53 pm fingers crossed...
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/psyche_cleo_1_128kb.mp3
I guess you don't need the length in here, but let me know what you do need.
the length is always good to state, so we can immediately check if the file uploaded correctly, and the DPL can decide if they have time enough to quickly check or if it's a long file. That's two of the reasons for stating the length. But it's ok for now, I checked your performance and it was absolutely great. :thumbs: You complement Rob's sighing lover quite well. You guys as double act will sound really dramatic together. Especially at the end of the first Act, I loved the despair and flaming proclamation of love in your speech. :9:

Excellent job, and I hope you liked this adventure enough to claim many more roles in our plays.

I'll mark Acts 1 and 5 already PL ok.

For Act 2 I have a small correction to note:

> at 0:44: "Suffer us to oppose to the cowardly ravisher" - you say "expose", which is a change in meaning

Also, since you have to reupload anyway, for the voice credit, could you always please say the entire description, as written in the MW: "Cleomenes, a prince, Psyche's lover, read by MajorToast". You can attach it to the beginning of Act 2 and I'll make a note in the MW. That saves you reuploading the otherwise perfect Act 1.

Thank you

Sonia

Todd: that means Act 5 is also ready to be assembled 8-)
MajorToast

Post by MajorToast »

Thank you for the feedback Sonia, here is the corrected file with the correct credit at the beginning.

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/psyche_cleo_2_128kb.mp3

1:42

The truth is, my first download and dramatic listen was to "The Life and Death of DrFaustus in a Farce", and I enjoyed it so much I wanted to see if I could take part. I am finding how tight knit this community is as some of the people in that play are here. Thank you for letting me be a part of it. I liked this role as it was not too daunting for a beginner. I am excited to hear the final production and LOOK FORWARD to participating many more times! Ken ( MajorToast)
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

MajorToast wrote: December 27th, 2018, 9:28 am Thank you for the feedback Sonia, here is the corrected file with the correct credit at the beginning.
thank you for the quick corrections. All PL ok now. :thumbs:

That means, Act 2 is also ready for final assembly. Wow, this goes quickly here today. 8-)
The truth is, my first download and dramatic listen was to "The Life and Death of DrFaustus in a Farce", and I enjoyed it so much I wanted to see if I could take part. I am finding how tight knit this community is as some of the people in that play are here. Thank you for letting me be a part of it. I liked this role as it was not too daunting for a beginner. I am excited to hear the final production and LOOK FORWARD to participating many more times!
super, I'm glad you liked it and you can be assured, at the beginning of next year, there'll be plenty new plays starting up :9: Meanwhile, look around, there's probably some final roles you can claim to finish another project. :D

Have a nice end-of year celebration soon !

Sonia
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Act 5 ready for final PL. I'll start to complete other acts....

Thanks, Todd
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Act 4 ready for final PL. The first scene between Psyche's sisters is absolutely priceless! Wonderful acting. (And the rest of it is great too - but that first scene - wow!)

Thanks, Todd
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

MajorToast wrote: December 27th, 2018, 9:28 am Thank you for the feedback Sonia, here is the corrected file with the correct credit at the beginning.

1:42

The truth is, my first download and dramatic listen was to "The Life and Death of DrFaustus in a Farce", and I enjoyed it so much I wanted to see if I could take part. I am finding how tight knit this community is as some of the people in that play are here. Thank you for letting me be a part of it. I liked this role as it was not too daunting for a beginner. I am excited to hear the final production and LOOK FORWARD to participating many more times! Ken ( MajorToast)
Glad you liked that version of Faustus; I enjoyed working on that. Amazing what gems are hidden away in the public domain.

Thanks, Todd