Number of sections

Comments about LibriVox? Suggestions to improve things? News?
Piotrek81

Post by Piotrek81 »

Availle wrote: November 20th, 2018, 6:46 pm Congratulations! That's quite a milestone! :clap: :clap:

Looking at my own number, I think this number counts everything you have ever claimed, no matter where it is in the pipeline (meaning: uploaded/PL OK/catalogued). So, if you have no ongoing projects right now, this is what is available in our catalog for your fans.
Does the number update automatically, though? I've been stuck on 498, despite uploading 3 sections since that, 2 of them got PLed :hmm:
Want to hear some PREPARATION TIPS before you press "record"? Listen to THIS and THIS
Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

did you claim anything new since then? That's when the number changes :wink:
Cheers, Ava.
Resident witch of LibriVox, channelling
Granny Weatherwax: "I ain't Nice."

--
AvailleAudio.com
Piotrek81

Post by Piotrek81 »

So if I have 50+ sections claimed in my newly-started solo the 498 number already contains those 50+ ? I have a long way to live up to that number then :)
Want to hear some PREPARATION TIPS before you press "record"? Listen to THIS and THIS
Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

Yes, that's as far as I understand it. You can always remove yourself from one or two sections of your solo and see what's happening to the number :wink: I am not entirely sure if this is something that updates immediately or once per night only though.

Don't worry, you'll get there! :D
Cheers, Ava.

--
AvailleAudio.com
Piotrek81

Post by Piotrek81 »

OK, so I went to my reader page and finally took the time to count all the sections I read. I ended up with 368 finished sections. That leaves a gap of 130. I don't think this can all be attributed to sections claimed but not yet read. Also, there's this one drmatic project where I did the narrating of 33 sections, but my catalogue page only shows me a reader for 1. Could it be that the 498 also takes into account those?

I realise that this thread is for celebrations, so apologies for my technical musings.
Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

I split this off into its own thread - hope you can find it ;-)

On your reader page, I am counting 71 sections that are somewhere in the pipeline but not yet completed.

That leaves 59 :wink:
Obviously you have been credited in them somehow, the database would not count you otherwise (unless there is a bug in the algorithm somewhere).

Dramatic readings might be a culprit, if you got assigned to more sections than you were actively reading in because things got mixed up. In fact, anything that might end up as "group" in the section readers on the catalog page, for example in our Christmas Carols. It will be very hard to figure out from the completed projects page if you have contributed to one or twenty of these sections in such a project, since the completed project will show up only once.

Honestly, I wouldn't worry too much about it. :D
Cheers, Ava.

--
AvailleAudio.com
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Where are you finding these numbers of sections?
School fiction: David Blaize
Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
Humor: My Lady Nicotine
Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

On the reader's catalog page, the section view in particular.
Cheers, Ava.

--
AvailleAudio.com
Piotrek81

Post by Piotrek81 »

Availle wrote:Honestly, I wouldn't worry too much about it
I've no problems with that. It just intrigues me :)