Heya and Merry Christmas!

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
Endellion

Post by Endellion »

Heya!

My name is Tasha. I have been meaning to sign up for a couple months but I was busy and then had issues with registering so... Merry Christmas! I am terrible at using forums so I will lay that out at the start.

I learned about LibriVox this October during my first semester as a mature student at university. Listening to readings of the class texts on YouTube was a lifesaver and I've toyed with the idea of reading books and poetry online for some time. I don't have any recording equipment really but I have a laptop and I figure that's a good start.

Nice to meet you all!
Piotrek81

Post by Piotrek81 »

Hello and what a nice Christmas gift you've given to yourself :D
The first step would be to record and upload the 1-minute test. Please refer to the welcome email for a link to the instruction how to do it. In case you no longer have the e-mail, the instruction can also be found in our wiki (link is at the top of the forum page). Once the test has been OKed, you're free to contribute to any ongoing project that catches your fancy. Just go to any "Readers Wanted" section, click on the relevant project thread, read the first post to see what's available, and write a post saying which section you're interested in. The test first, though.

Have fun and write if youhave any questions :)
Want to hear some PREPARATION TIPS before you press "record"? Listen to THIS and THIS
Endellion

Post by Endellion »

Hi!

Yes, I've been looking at the test. My brother is my tech person so I'm going to have him help me download the software tomorrow so I can give the test a go ^^ The info said to choose a short poem from the weekly poem thing to use for the recording so I've had a look through the board.

I quite like reading out loud so it should be fun. Plus, it's so useful. Not just for lowly students like myself xD but also people with sight or reading issues. I'm excited to be a part of this.
Piotrek81

Post by Piotrek81 »

Actually the test instruction has the stock text we use for 1-minute test. It's good because it allows you to check for plosives affecting your recording (the loud "p"s).
Want to hear some PREPARATION TIPS before you press "record"? Listen to THIS and THIS
Endellion

Post by Endellion »

Oh cool, thanks. I'll look at that tomorrow. Thanks!