bhavya

Post by bhavya »

linny wrote: December 21st, 2018, 7:34 am bhavya,
Thank you for your part. It is PL OK. :D
thanks!
linny

Post by linny »

Nemo,
The full sketch is a rough cut so it's not ready for PL yet. While I was editing I noticed missing lines from Ann's lines so I'll PL Kristin in case she isn't following the thread any longer.

Missing text - "I am instructed," said I, drawing out my check-book, "to get an answer to any question I may choose to ask, at any cost. If you fear to reply because it may prevent a sale of your house, I will buy the house at your own price."

Looking back through the thread it seems this was previously corrected however it is not the file transferred from the abandoned folder.
MrsHand

Post by MrsHand »

linny wrote: December 21st, 2018, 7:36 am Nemo,
The full sketch is a rough cut so it's not ready for PL yet. While I was editing I noticed missing lines from Ann's lines so I'll PL Kristin in case she isn't following the thread any longer.

Missing text - "I am instructed," said I, drawing out my check-book, "to get an answer to any question I may choose to ask, at any cost. If you fear to reply because it may prevent a sale of your house, I will buy the house at your own price."

Looking back through the thread it seems this was previously corrected however it is not the file transferred from the abandoned folder.
Here's the missing line. I read the whole thing (including the part not in bold) for continuity's sake.

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/peepsatpeopledr_annmissingline_09.mp3
jfgallagher

Post by jfgallagher »

I think I can help with Édouard De Reszkes in chapters 10 and 11. I'm probably closer to a baritone than a bass, but I can probably fake it for a few lines...as long as I'm not singing opera! :)
leanneyauyau

Post by leanneyauyau »

Are there any parts I can help fill? I played the Young Woman and the Maid but can fill parts for other plays if you need them. Perhaps the Salesman...?
Leanne (leanneyauyau) :9:
my librivox page | website | fb page
linny

Post by linny »

Kristin,
Thank you! :9:

Nemo,
My husband is home on leave. I’ll get this edited when I have a few extra moments.
linny

Post by linny »

jfgallagher wrote: December 21st, 2018, 12:18 pm I think I can help with Édouard De Reszkes in chapters 10 and 11. I'm probably closer to a baritone than a bass, but I can probably fake it for a few lines...as long as I'm not singing opera! :)
That would be wonderful. Thank you. It reads as fun sections. I hope you enjoy the character.
linny

Post by linny »

leanneyauyau wrote: December 22nd, 2018, 9:19 am Are there any parts I can help fill? I played the Young Woman and the Maid but can fill parts for other plays if you need them. Perhaps the Salesman...?
Leanne,
The salesman would be great. Thank you for the extra help!
ellies

Post by ellies »

Hi Linny, I am going to be recording section 3 shortly. I have not done this type before, so am confused as to what I read? Is it just Sir Henry Irving talking? Do I leave gaps.

sorry, I feel silly asking, but not sure, as on google doc, there is quite a lot of text.

Happy Christmas wishes

ellies
"The pure joy of reading and sharing with others, must never be taken for granted"- Elaine Conway 2018
leanneyauyau

Post by leanneyauyau »

I think everything in blue from page 32-39 is your lines! https://docs.google.com/document/d/1d4ZOaKStjhTK_NcG88WceMWfG36I3lhMxLe0quIOIpA/edit
leanneyauyau

Post by leanneyauyau »

is there a pronunciation guide somewhere? didn't realise before taking this on how many foreign words I'd be saying!

Ujazdowska
Krakowskie Przedmiescie
Nowy Swiat
Sienkiewicz
Piotrek81

Post by Piotrek81 »

Polish native speaker here. I'll record these for you shortly 8-)

EDIT: I've uploaded the pronunciation to Kitty's folder.
https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/sample.mp3
If it's too fast, go to Effect-> Change Tempo and set the Percent Change parameter to negative. (That's if you use Audacity).
Want to hear some PREPARATION TIPS before you press "record"? Listen to THIS and THIS
leanneyauyau

Post by leanneyauyau »

Piotrek81 wrote: December 24th, 2018, 11:13 am Polish native speaker here. I'll record these for you shortly 8-)

If it's too fast, go to Effect-> Change Tempo and set the Percent Change parameter to negative. (That's if you use Audacity).
Thank you :9: :9: :9: :9: :9:
linny

Post by linny »

Piotrek81 wrote: December 24th, 2018, 11:13 am Polish native speaker here. I'll record these for you shortly 8-)

Thank you! That was extremely kind of you and greatly appreciated. :9:
linny

Post by linny »

ellies wrote: December 24th, 2018, 1:47 am Hi Linny, I am going to be recording section 3 shortly. I have not done this type before, so am confused as to what I read? Is it just Sir Henry Irving talking? Do I leave gaps.

sorry, I feel silly asking, but not sure, as on google doc, there is quite a lot of text.

Happy Christmas wishes

ellies
Welcome to to world of DRs. I’m sorry I didn’t realize this was your first one or I would have given you guidance.

To begin I need you voice credit. Character name read by your credit.

Then read each of the lines color coded for your character. Whenever there is a line for another character or the narrator leave a 3-6 second gap so I can edit everyone together.

Let me know if you have more questions.