[COMPLETE][PLAY] The Mikado by W.S.Gilbert- annise

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Still working on this; thanks for your patience. Drawing towards the finish line. If anyone's interested, I'm going to live stream my editing process on this piece this coming Thursday, around 12 or 1 pm, my time (Texas, USA). Beth, I think that'll put it right around 4 in the morning for you, sorry. :? But it'll be available to watch afterwards if you're curious.

For anyone who's interested, be watching this thread: viewtopic.php?f=24&t=71956
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

All of the hard stuff is done! Every group line is now synced up together, and all lines are pasted together in the proper order. Now I just have to smooth out volume and spacing, the easy stuff! I fully intend to have this finished before the new year!

I'm uploading a flac of my current progress, in case disaster strikes. :wink:

EDIT: Hm. :hmm: Well, I tried to upload it three times. The uploader kept saying "Empty file upload result." :shock: :help: I'll try backing it up to my google drive. I just really really don't want anything to happen to this file, at this point in the game.
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Great work - thanks for continuing to plug away at this one! I look forward to hearing it!
benderca

Post by benderca »

I faithfully read all your updates, Devorah. I greatly appreciate all your hard work — it also gives me a realistic perspective before I offer to edit (or even partially edit) a project. :D
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

benderca wrote: December 22nd, 2018, 6:27 am I faithfully read all your updates, Devorah. I greatly appreciate all your hard work — it also gives me a realistic perspective before I offer to edit (or even partially edit) a project. :D
This work is significantly more complicated than most, just so you know. Most of them don't require nearly this much time or attention. Ola, for instance, took me about an hour, maybe a little more.
benderca

Post by benderca »

mightyfelix wrote: December 22nd, 2018, 10:55 am
benderca wrote: December 22nd, 2018, 6:27 am I faithfully read all your updates, Devorah. I greatly appreciate all your hard work — it also gives me a realistic perspective before I offer to edit (or even partially edit) a project. :D
This work is significantly more complicated than most, just so you know. Most of them don't require nearly this much time or attention. Ola, for instance, took me about an hour, maybe a little more.
Go to know! Then I may one day attempt it... :D In the mean time, keep up the good work! :clap:
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Hi TJ, if you wanted to try your hand at a little bit of easy editing, we are looking for an editor to finish off the last three chapters of "Martyr of the Catacombs" after the BC disappeared. Have a look at the text and you'll see these are short chapters with only two or three characters in each chapter! Great for a first timer! (I used to edit sometimes but had a shoulder injury which limits my mouse use.)
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

And if you want some resources, I have made a video of my DR editing process. :wink: Phil has one as well. There may be others.
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

The first 11 minutes of Act 2 is finalized! That takes us up to the end of "Here's a pretty how-de-do." (Which sounds quite nice, if I do say so!) On track to finish editing by the new year.
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Hope you took a break and had some relaxing time for Christmas!
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Elizabby wrote: December 26th, 2018, 1:09 pm Hope you took a break and had some relaxing time for Christmas!
Well, I wouldn't call it relaxing! :lol: But my husband and I went to a gathering of his side of the family, and had a nice time. I think it was the largest gathering of his family I'd ever attended. There were a few people I didn't recognize at all, and we've been married 11 years! :shock:
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Finished through "The criminal cried, as he dropped him down."

I would have been finished by the new year, if I hadn't decided to take on my first ever podcast, celebrating the new year and new public domain books in the US. Here it is, if you're interested: viewtopic.php?p=1538319#p1538319

This project is now top of my priority list.
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Finished up to "See how the Fates their gifts allot."
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Oh yes, I saw the post about the podcast, but I've been away at the beach - and still am for another week! I'll listen to it when I get back!