COMPLETE[PLAY]Psyche by Molière - thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ToddHW wrote: December 15th, 2018, 12:27 pm I made the first change to Act 3; the second item "error" was intentional and I did not change.
I added the translator to the outro at end of Act 5.
ah this was fast. Perfectly PL ok both now

Great !

Sonia
I will be on vacation from Wednesday 27 March till Sunday 14 April
and unable to PL during that time. Thank you for your patience.
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

I have started assembly of the play. As a result, I just eliminated a number of (unclaimed) parts in the prologue - the readers we already have cover the spoken-together choral parts very nicely.

I also eliminated the separate Prologue file - it will be combined with Act 1.

Thanks, Todd
bluechien

Post by bluechien »

If you're all right with it Todd, I could take Cupid in Act III -- Venus doesn't appear there and I think I could distinguish the voice.

If so, my pref. would be to wait for Alan's Zephyr and then match mine up ...
Eva D
If we do meet again, why, we shall smile;
If not, why then, this parting was well made.
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

bluechien wrote: December 20th, 2018, 4:03 pm If you're all right with it Todd, I could take Cupid in Act III -- Venus doesn't appear there and I think I could distinguish the voice.

If so, my pref. would be to wait for Alan's Zephyr and then match mine up ...
Yes, that would be fine.

Thanks, Todd
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Prologue, Acts 1, 2, and 3 assembled. Except for missing parts.

Thanks, Todd
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Drafts of all acts complete. You sound great in this. Even though this is a very different Moilere with highly stylized classical situations, long speeches, and interspersed ballet/dance sequences, you all still have the same character emotion and life that I have loved in the other performances!

Just waiting on a few unclaimed parts now...

Thanks, Todd
MajorToast

Post by MajorToast »

I would like to try the part of Cleomenes.
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

MajorToast wrote: December 22nd, 2018, 9:35 am I would like to try the part of Cleomenes.
Welcome.

A few things about dramas. First off, and this applies to all Librivox projects, the instructions are all described in the first posting. Such things as the reference text, where to upload, the file names to use (with one file for each act in dramas). For dramas you won't have to read any introduction or closing text - that is handled by the narrator/reader of the stage directions. But do include in your recordings a voice credit with the character name as given in the MW so I can assemble the cast list at the beginning of the play.

Second, when you record, leave good size gaps - several seconds at least - between each line. Including where a stage direction might interrupt a line. I need to cut your files apart to cut and paste each line into its place in the master files, and I need to be able to easily see where the line breaks are.

Edit your part to be correct and represent your best attempt - the wonder of this Librivox process is that no one knows about all the tries that get trashed and never heard in the final releases. Avoid clipping and, if necessary, do any (very little I hope) noise cleaning. Our DPL - dedicated proof listener (the wonderful Sonia) will provide positive feedback and encouragement on your submittals.

Finally, have fun with the part. You don't get to communicate with your appearance and gestures, so everything has to be communicated in the voice. Look at what other characters are saying near your lines and interact with them - if you wish, download the file for other characters so you can hear what they sound like in your conversations with them. But give me just your voice in the files you submit.

Enjoy, and pepper us with questions. We're here to help!

Thanks, Todd
alanmapstone

Post by alanmapstone »

bluechien wrote: December 20th, 2018, 4:03 pm If so, my pref. would be to wait for Alan's Zephyr and then match mine up ...
I have to admit that I had almost forgotten about claiming Zephyr. I will get back to it as soon as I can but I shall be away a lot over xmas so it may hang fire for a bit.
Alan
the sixth age shifts into the slippered pantaloon with spectacles on nose
alanmapstone

Post by alanmapstone »

ToddHW wrote: December 21st, 2018, 7:28 am
bluechien wrote: December 20th, 2018, 4:03 pm If so, my pref. would be to wait for Alan's Zephyr and then match mine up ...
Yes, that would be fine.

Thanks, Todd
I have to admit that I had almost forgotten about claiming Zephyr. I will get back to it as soon as I can despite Xmas.
Alan
alanmapstone

Post by alanmapstone »

Zephyr - third interlude

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/psyche_zephyr_3_int.mp3

Here are the Zephyr lines from the third interlude. This is to give Eva something to work with. Hope it is ok.
Zephyr act 3 other lines to follow.
Alan
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

alanmapstone wrote: December 23rd, 2018, 5:19 am Zephyr - third interlude

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/psyche_zephyr_3_int.mp3

Here are the Zephyr lines from the third interlude. This is to give Eva something to work with. Hope it is ok.
Thank you.

Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

alanmapstone wrote: December 23rd, 2018, 5:19 amHere are the Zephyr lines from the third interlude. This is to give Eva something to work with. Hope it is ok.
thank you, Alan, the interlude part is PL ok. Without actually singing, you brought a nice rhythm into the chorus lines. :thumbs:

So you will hand in a separate section for Act 3 ? The Zephyr is breezing quite a bit through that Act as well :lol:

I'll make another section for that one then.

Sonia
I will be on vacation from Wednesday 27 March till Sunday 14 April
and unable to PL during that time. Thank you for your patience.
alanmapstone

Post by alanmapstone »

Kitty wrote: December 23rd, 2018, 7:30 am
alanmapstone wrote: December 23rd, 2018, 5:19 amHere are the Zephyr lines from the third interlude. Zephyr act 3 other lines to follow.
So you will hand in a separate section for Act 3 ? The Zephyr is breezing quite a bit through that Act as well :lol:
Yes, I will submit a separate file with Zephyr's spoken lines, but probably not until the new year.
Alan
bluechien

Post by bluechien »

Hey Alan, thanks a lot :9:

You gave me some LV fun to work on for the weekend ... I'll fix that missing line in Quex too, Sonia ..
Eva D
If we do meet again, why, we shall smile;
If not, why then, this parting was well made.