[COMPLETE] The History Of Lady Barton by Elizabeth Griffith - dlo

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

That sounds right. Jim
Lmnei

Post by Lmnei »

neecheelok70 wrote: December 15th, 2018, 4:57 pm Lynda, there is a response a few posts above. There, it says to say letter instead of chapter. Jim :)
Thanks - I see that now Jim -

Where I am confused is the intro and exit - under the MW it says Chapter is to be used.

This is what I actually did say - perhaps you can correct me on this? I have a lot to record as Louisa and I do not want to have to do a lot of editing :)

"Chapter 3 of The History Of Lady Barton . This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information, or to volunteer, please visit: librivox DOT org"
"Recording by Lynda Marie Neilson, Vancouver, BC"
"The History Of Lady Barton , by Elizabeth Griffith . Chapter 3"

THEN I read the Letter from the top to the bottom which started with:

"LETTER VII.
Lady BARTON to Miss CLEVELAND.
Dublin."

Then at the end of the Letter, as there was only 1, I said:
"End of Chapter 3"

Should I have replaced the Chapter 3 with Letter 7 instead?

Lynda
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

I think so.
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

Exactly, I heard it a few times. You say letters ***+*** and then letter *** at the beginning of each letter.
Love gothic novels? Try Children Of The Abbey. Like surprising mysteries? Try The Amathist Cross. Looking for an easy read? Try Harriet's Choice.
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

Linda, thanks for your submition.
Love gothic novels? Try Children Of The Abbey. Like surprising mysteries? Try The Amathist Cross. Looking for an easy read? Try Harriet's Choice.
Lmnei

Post by Lmnei »

Hi Miss Stav!

I just noticed that Section 26 is not assigned.... It should be as it is a letter from Miss Cleveland and I think that is Devorah reading that.

Lynda
Lmnei

Post by Lmnei »

Lmnei wrote: December 15th, 2018, 1:36 pm Hi! I am back from vacation now... :( Back to recording! :clap:

Here is my first submission - looks like I did the same thing as Jim without knowing it - recorded a small letter to see if I did it correctly.

Like it says on the instructions below the MW are we supposed to be saying Chapter X? or Section X? For this Letter 7 I just said Chapter 3 as that is what it said to say - is that not correct???? Please someone point me in the correct direction before I dig in with more recordings as I have a plethora to do. :)

https://librivox.org/uploads/dlolso21/historyofladybarton_07_griffith_128kb.mp3 - 11:54

Lynda
OOPS! This file is numbered incorrectly.... Here is the correct one and I also fixed the intro/outro...

https://librivox.org/uploads/dlolso21/historyofladybarton_03_griffith_128kb.mp3 - 11:51

Lynda
Lmnei

Post by Lmnei »

Hi Miss Stav -

Here is another recording -

https://librivox.org/uploads/dlolso21/historyofladybarton_31_griffith_128kb.mp3 - 6:06

Lynda
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

Thanks a lot.
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Finally, here is the first section from Miss Cleveland!

https://librivox.org/uploads/dlolso21/historyofladybarton_02_griffith_128kb.mp3
11:02

I promise you won't have to wait three months for each section, like you have for this one! :lol:
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

Thanks a lot. I am not worried. I know the beginning is always harder and hope things would go smoothly from now on.
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

Lmnei

Post by Lmnei »

Miss Stav -

I just want to record Letters XIII-IX for Lady Barton and I found that LETTER VIII is Miss CLEVELAND to Lady BARTON.

So I am just going to record Letter IX as Letter X is again Miss CLEVELAND to Lady BARTON.

Lynda
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

Great. Thank you. I would advertise for a dpl soon.. You all are so amazing.